Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
David Ramos's Method Book Kickstarter
Topic Started: 24 Mar 2016, 02:27 AM (2,606 Views)
Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar
Close the World, Open the Next

Today our friend David Ramos (often better known as DocJazz) announced a kickstarter to fund the production of a method book for the Ocarina. David began this project in 2014, after seeing the lack of available material, and this is his opportunity to bring it to fruition. The link to the KickStarter can be found HERE . If anyone has any questions, post them here, as I am sure David will be visiting the page to answer any questions, and this post will be updated with new information as it arrives.
Posted Image
Edited by Stephen Bobchin, 24 Mar 2016, 02:28 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Thanks so much Stephen! You might remember when I started my "How to Play Ocarina" video series last January. Well, that actually came to fruition out of my idea for this book in early 2014, but I decided to try the video series first to see what the response would be, which was overwhelmingly positive. With every episode, I was writing the book along side it, and I'm so excited to finally piece it all together and finish up the video series!
Edited by DavidRamos, 24 Mar 2016, 03:55 AM.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
This looks great! I'm low on funds but ill see what I can donate to it. :) My little sister would LOVE this.

Bluegrass ocarina
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I know it has been posted in the Facebook group and I linked it in the Google+ group(so all three of us can see it.lol).

Good luck David.

SteamDome
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
David,

Will the digital edition replace QR codes with a link to the YouTube videos? I'm deciding whether to go with digital or hardcopy. I'm leaning towards digital.

wAllop1
Member Avatar
Professional novice
I'm really excited for this, I'll definitely be backing!
(I'm also excited for the chance to look more scholarly ;) )
Edited by wAllop1, 24 Mar 2016, 02:14 PM.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Good luck David!

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

SteamDome
24 Mar 2016, 07:02 AM
David,

Will the digital edition replace QR codes with a link to the YouTube videos? I'm deciding whether to go with digital or hardcopy. I'm leaning towards digital.
The digital version will probably be mostly the same, but I was thinking of including short links under each QR code just for that purpose. Good question!

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

In addition to having a small link underneath the QR code, also make the QR code clickable so that it takes you to the page. It's redundant, but more ways of getting to places is good.

SteamDome
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Just placed my order! :) I went with the physical book and CD.

Devdadou
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 5
Added my contribution! Take the physical book for now I will see if I update it tomorrow to the 75$....
But still If you need it, David, I can make the french trad, also for the videos ^^
And I hope meet you face to face one day!!!

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
lol wish i knew a beginner!! i'm sure it will be great!!

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Just a little update that we've reached 80% funding in less than a week! We have about $950 more to go, so if you've been thinking about contributing, it would be awesome to have this fully funded by Wednesday! http://bit.ly/htpo-book
Edited by DavidRamos, 29 Mar 2016, 07:04 PM.

Devdadou
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 5
Just take a look to th project an it al most done!!! David Need 456$ to reach the goal ^^ I finely contribute to 100$ (more shipping). It's an huge thing! let's share it with more people!!!

Saiai
Member Avatar
Beginner
i've just contributed! so close to reaching the objective i really hope it's going to happen i wish to learn and understand music better so i can enjoy playing.
i would be pleased with a french version ;-)
Edited by Saiai, 30 Mar 2016, 08:04 PM.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I haven't backed it yet but I plan to. :) the physical book tier doesn't come with a copy of the digital version does it?

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Vendace
31 Mar 2016, 01:01 AM
I haven't backed it yet but I plan to. :) the physical book tier doesn't come with a copy of the digital version does it?
Yes, it comes with the digital book and audio files!

Montschok
Transverse Ocarinist
$5,040 done out of $5,000 now. Congrats!

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Montschok
31 Mar 2016, 09:53 PM
$5,040 done out of $5,000 now. Congrats!
Thanks so much, and thank you to everyone who helped us reach our initial goal of $5000! Now it's time for our stretch goals so we can print some DVDs and donate some of the method books and free ocarinas to public schools! http://bit.ly/htpo-book

Posted Image

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Congrats on getting funded!

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
WHEEEE! I'm so happy for you!

Wish I had made time to pledge (I don't have an amazon account) but I'm sure I'll be able to get my paws on a book later (just because it's something useful to have) ;)

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Yay congrats! It's great that this book is being made :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Congrats! :) Now for those overachiever goals...

Saiai
Member Avatar
Beginner
\(^-^)/ Congradulations! Am so happy! can't wait to receive

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

The funding progress....

Posted Image

popzap
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Oh wow. This was timely. First time I've been on this forum for years and I pop in to catch this announcement. David, you were a great inspiration to me way back when I started so I'm glad to be able to support you on this kickstarter.

Nafaei
Member Avatar
A figment of your imagination...
Although I can't offer much, I do plan on backing :) good luck with the stretch goals!

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Thanks y'all :) Just 17 more days!

shideneyu
Beginner
I booked one :)

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Hey everyone, just an update that we only have 7 days left to reach our big stretch goal of donating free ocarinas and method books to schools! Please consider sharing the project on your social networks by copying/pasting this blurb:

Learn #HowToPlayOcarina and help us get FREE ocarinas and music books into school classrooms! http://kck.st/1o6Scwi

Or if you have a Twitter, just click this link ➔ http://j.mp/1Sctx4a

Thanks y'all!
Edited by DavidRamos, 15 Apr 2016, 05:06 PM.

Ocypode
Inline Ocarinist x 5
The project reached the third stretchgoal :)

Also, still about 30 hours for those who are interested.
Edited by Ocypode, 21 Apr 2016, 01:58 PM.

JOJ650s
Member Avatar
Not quite as emoticon crazy
Congratulations! :fly:

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Thanks and thanks to everyone who's contributed so far! Thanks to your efforts, we're going to be donating ocarinas and method books to two schools and we're halfway to a third school :D It ends tonight at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern!

Nafaei
Member Avatar
A figment of your imagination...
Congratulations, David! Your Kickstarter has been so successful, I'm glad I could help even just a little bit :)

DavidRamos
Member Avatar

Thanks Nafaei, and thank you to everyone who helped support this project financially, socially, and with their time and efforts behind the scenes!!

Toc
Beginner
I'm Glad to be apart of a network with so many supportive people! (mental tears)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ