Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Noble Plastic Bass; Any more information?
Topic Started: 3 Sep 2015, 09:48 PM (998 Views)
Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

At Budrio earlier this year Noble were selling a plastic bass ocarina, which is shown by Mark's video here:

I'm not aware of any news since in relation to it, and this is one ocarina I am interested in. I'm wondering if anyone has more information as to when it will become available to the general public...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

antiocles
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
I seem to remember reading that they had a sample, (samples?) but were not.yet.in full production. I too would love more info and plan to buy one povided it's similar to the other AC version quality wise. I'm always worried about the regular Noble bass breaking in my practice bag...
Edited by antiocles, 4 Sep 2015, 12:10 AM.

Gabbb
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Can't say much else than it sounds really good being plastic.. Also its price will make it a sure choice when it'll be available for everyone..
Btw I was the one recording the video :P

carbon

I'm really looking forward to this being released. The Zin plastic bass is a bit quiet and low breath for my liking.

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist
I know this is a pretty old thread, but I just noticed the Noble Plastic Bass is on ebay and thought someone might still be interested. I think its being sold by the same person that sells the Zin Plastic Tenors on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-NOBLE-OCARINA-BASS-C-PLASTIC-ENSEMBLE-BLACK-COLOR-QUALITY-OCARINA-/272517084810?hash=item3f7348b68a:g:nOsAAOSwjDZYdN6K

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

Thanks :D, I can see myself ordering this in the near future~

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist
I had a question and I figured I'd once again revive this old thread. I was thinking of getting the noble plastic bass, but was wondering how it compares with the zin plastic bass. All the reviews for the zin mention it that is has low breath pressure and is very quite. I assume the Noble has higher breath and is louder? Has any one had a chance to try the current available model? Thanks.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I spent maybe 3 minutes playing with the current model, and that was 1.5 years ago. So... can't really tell you much. It is much easier to play than the prototype though. Not as loud, and takes less breath than the prototype. I've had the prototype for over a year, but there's no point in talking about it since it's a completely different instrument.

jamjjb
Beginner
Does anyone tried it?

It looks very interesting for its price

Sedi
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
It's very high up on my to-buy list. I'll probably order it within the next month or so and I also have the Zin bass, so I can compare as soon as I have it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ