Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Official TON Contest 2015; in loving memory of Satoru Iwata
Topic Started: 14 Jul 2015, 05:22 PM (11,800 Views)
kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

WINNERS ANNOUNCED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9TJ1eUfag0

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Izzi
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Congrats everyone !

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
No kidding, Congrats to all the awesome performances. :fly:

Sure, i didn't win anything but I still feel really happy. :) Nice win Kitten Forrest! :3

Jem21797
Member Avatar
Euphonium Enthusiast Extraordinare
Thanks so much everyone! Congrats to Kitten Forest and Pat as well! I've chosen the Noble Alto G. Coincidentally, I just started an ocarina ensemble started at my college and an alto G will be really helpful in my arrangements for the ensemble. I'll be sure to post some videos once the ensemble gets going!
Edited by Jem21797, 21 Sep 2015, 05:39 PM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Congratulations! Happy to hear you've started an ocarina ensemble at school Jem! I'm looking forward to seeing cool things! :)

Gyzyn
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 4
This contest was definitely a heartwarming tribute to Mr Satoru Iwata work. Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all participants and organizers for making this tribute a reality.

Farore
Member Avatar
Untalented Bafoon
Congratulations Jem, Kitten Forest, and Pat Anderson!
Enjoy your well earned prizes! :grin:
And congrats to all the other participants, too. You all were great!

I'm happy to have participated, despite not doing well.
If there's a next time for me though, I'll practice much more! :blush:

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. Thank you, again, for everything you've done.

Nafaei
Member Avatar
A figment of your imagination...
Congratulations everyone! You all did wonderfully, and it was an honor to "compete" with you :)

Also, a big thank you to pandorado for the kind vote. I was so happy to read your note, and I hope I can live up to your confidence!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Nafaei
21 Sep 2015, 08:55 PM
Congratulations everyone! You all did wonderfully, and it was an honor to "compete" with you :)

Also, a big thank you to pandorado for the kind vote. I was so happy to read your note, and I hope I can live up to your confidence!
@ Nafaei

I was touched by the simple honest sincerity of your performance. To me, it indicates that you have the potential to grow and get even better as an ocarinist. Technique takes time to develop but the heart of a musician, is something you are born with.

I believe in you, Nafaei. :hi:

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Jordan, somehow I guessed you woild select the Noble Alto G! Now I wait to see what Kitten Forest selects! And it once again proves that being lucky can be just as good as being good!

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Sorry for the later reply (time-zone difference). Thank you so much for choosing my video, there were so many great entries! I think that just made my week! :)
As far as prizes go, I think I'll take the Rotter Z-Fans as I don't have a good soprano and the songs I've heard on them sound really good.

OcarinaDude1
Member Avatar
pop123444
Congrats to everyone who won!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
So it looks as if you will get the Songbird OOT replica, Pat. Perfect! Now you will have something appropriate on which to play your Zelda repertoire. Next, we'll have to get you to do a Link cosplay.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. :rofl:

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

pandorado100
23 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM
So it looks as if you will get the Songbird OOT replica, Pat. Perfect! Now you will have something appropriate on which to play your Zelda repertoire. Next, we'll have to get you to do a Link cosplay.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. :rofl:
LOL!

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Hey, a Songbird Ocarina of Time is better than a kick in the groin! I am please to get anything!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Pat Anderson
23 Sep 2015, 05:59 AM
Hey, a Songbird Ocarina of Time is better than a kick in the groin! I am please to get anything!
That's certainly true, Pat. I'm delighted that you participated in the contest and submitted a Zelda song as your entry despite your long standing aversion to videogame music. I'm even happier that you won such a nice ocarina. It really is a beaut.

I think the Muses blessed your efforts. :)

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Truth is, and maybe you can tell from the video, I was in a zone playing that tune on my boat at anchor in B.C. It was so beautiful and peaceful there. There were a couple of boats anchored nearby and I wonder what they thought about the music floating across the water! I hope they liked it!
And A.M., YOU would have been my selection for second prize, not that it matters much, but your video was simply awesome. Loved the production values and the playing too!
Edited by Pat Anderson, 24 Sep 2015, 05:26 AM.

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
Awww! :love: Thanks Pat. That means a lot. :3

To be honest, I'm just happy to have participated. I feel it makes thing even more worth it for others with less production value to win with good, honest skill. :) I'm just happy for everyone no matter what happened.... what can I say, I'm in a good mood. :rofl:

Tehehe... Secret Santa is going quite well this year... maybe that's why.. :giggle:

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
The Songbird 12 hole alto C Ocarina of Time arrived from Sam today, nice note enclosed! Woot!

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I just noticed that two of the winners are Canadian. :) I guess that means I should check my mail for my prize!

Jem21797
Member Avatar
Euphonium Enthusiast Extraordinare
My Noble Alto G has arrived as well. Thanks again everyone! It's a fabulous ocarina, and I'm sure my ensemble-mate will be thrilled to get to play it.

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
i look forward to that! I'll try to see if I can join next time.

congrats everyone!

Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
Congratulations to all winners. It was wonderful to see everyone's performance.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ