Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
2015 HongSeong International Ocarina Festival; October 22 - 25, 2015
Topic Started: 28 May 2015, 03:26 PM (3,742 Views)
Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
Do not forget KIMCHI and YAKINIKU at the start !
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I'm not complaining about the food pics. I enjoy them as much as the pictures of the festivals. I think when I went to the US Ocarina Festival in Texas this year, we spent just as much time going out to eat as we did playing or listening to the ocarina. :)

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Conflict resolution is only a half step away!
pandorado100
19 Oct 2015, 10:18 PM
AbsoluteZero
19 Oct 2015, 06:09 PM
Yup thats me, Nice to meet you again too!
We didn't get to talk much at the festival, maybe next year.
Hey let's hope so, Scott. I didn't get a chance to talk much with Gigi (Bayou Mama) or Jess Pate. So much going on at the festival.

At least I saw your pictures where you were hanging out with Mark and Alex. :)
Hi, Jeanne! I haven't been on TON much lately, so I missed your post. It was awesome meeting you, Scott, Mark, Jess, Cris, Jon, Nicole, Alex, and all the other folks from TON who made it to Texas. It was a real treat to hang out with Milt, Shion, Řystein, Ruth, Jingya, Cornell, and Cynthia too. It's a shame that we all live so far apart. The countdown is on for next year!

Mark, thank you for helping us to experience the Korea trip vicariously through your posts. It looked awesome.
Edited by Bayou Mama, 1 Nov 2015, 04:07 AM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Did anybody get a good picture of Brock Fenton with the tortillas on his ears? I couldn't decide if he looked more like Princess Leia or Jar Jar Binks. LOL

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Let's try to keep US Ocarina Festival discussions in the US Festival thread. Brock was not in Korea.

Anyways, Korea was fun. I felt it was very disorganized, but I'm not sure if that's just because of the language barrier between me and the staff or something else. Even with interpreters in three different languages, everybody says different things. At the closing ceremony, I didn't know it was a formal thing, so I showed up in a T-shirt. I had to borrow somebody else's shirt which was like an XXXL for me, lol. I didn't really care at that point.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

I mentioned all the food pix to my wife who immediately asked "did they have dog?". I suspect the availability of dog would be enough to persuade her to come to the next one.

Play the ocarina, eat the model:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202421146/handmade-dog-ocarina-flute-from-central

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I wish I had more time in Korea. I would've definitely tried to find some, lol. Gives me an excuse to go back. :) I did find a street in Seoul with a bunch of shops lined up with puppies for sale as pets though.

Another interesting thing mentioned at the festival is that the government of HongSeong and Noble will be building an ocarina theme park.

Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
Ocarina theme park ! The first in the world? Such a wonderful idea. I would like go there instead of Disney :fly:

WindSong
Member Avatar

Mark: Sorry if I'm lagging behind, but were you allowed to video?

If there isn't a video, I'd still love to hear what you decided to perform.

If you've already posted that, I missed it, sorry.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for posting the photos. :)
Edited by WindSong, 2 Nov 2015, 06:12 PM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

We were allowed to video, but my phone ran out of memory. I did get some videos on my iPad, but it was such a hassle to get out and put away since it's so big. No video of myself though. I'm hoping Noble posts the video of the performances sometime. They took video.

For the main concert, I only played two songs, since there were so many people. I played Beer Barrel Polka and Under the Sea.

For the next day I had a whole hour but only played twenty minutes since I didn't have much stuff prepared. I played Zhao Fang's One Way Ticket, a Japanese song called My Blue Sky, Take Me Home Country Roads, Melodies of Life, and...... A Zelda Medley. I closed my eyes during the Zelda Medley and when I opened them, everyone was gone, lol. I feel like it's taboo to play Zelda music, but I didn't have enough content on my phone, lol.

Closing ceremony, I played One Way Ticket again.

I will upload the videos on YouTube some time. I have some short clips on Instagram. I can link those later. I periscoped a tour of the Noble factory.
Edited by Mark Chan, 2 Nov 2015, 06:41 PM.

WindSong
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for letting us know what you played. I'm sure it was great. I love them all!

Hmm...leaving just because of a Zelda medley? I hope the ocarina community isn't becoming snobbish. :S

Thanks again. :)

P.S.: Saw your video of Vera.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Here's some videos I took at the festival: YouTube Playlist

Instagram:Not really part of the Festival, but kinda: Osawa
Edited by Mark Chan, 4 Nov 2015, 02:59 AM.

Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
Thanks Mark. I enjoyed every video ! The ones I like is the big Ocarina shaped Ocarina case, The one when Mr Osawa appears out from nowhere and The carrot ocarina making !

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I gave a 12 minute tour of the Noble factory, but I deleted it after my phone ran out of memory in the middle of Milt's performance.

Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
Mark Chan
4 Nov 2015, 06:09 AM
I gave a 12 minute tour of the Noble factory, but I deleted it after my phone ran out of memory in the middle of Milt's performance.
But you took very nice pictures of Noble Ocarina Factory :thumbsup:

WindSong
Member Avatar

Thanks for letting us see all your pictures and clips! :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Here's a TV broadcast covering the festival. I appear in 11:41, 13:35, and 13:50.
Spoiler: click to toggle

My intonation outdoors was pretty bad and I played One Way Train wrong, lol. It's been a year since I played it, and I only had the backtrack on my phone, so I couldn't listen to the melody before playing it in public.
I think the main concert indoors was solid though. I actually practiced those pieces.
More videos are popping up on Noble's channel.

Satoshi Osawa

Fabio and Emiliano

Ivan and Irene
Edited by Mark Chan, 20 Nov 2015, 06:01 AM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Noble uploaded their HD videos of performances from the Main Concert: Playlist

And here's videos from the closing ceremony: Playlist

WindSong
Member Avatar

I watched them today. It was nice to get to see them. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Ocarina News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ