Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
2015 US Ocarina Festival; October 10th-11th
Topic Started: 21 May 2015, 07:37 AM (7,876 Views)
carbon

The first ensemble piece was posted today on FB :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/USOcarinaAssociation/permalink/905669282814586/

This is the song we'll be playing at the end of the concert on Saturday, and i think for the last song on Sunday.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

carbon

A number of ensemble pieces have been posted to FB. People who have signed up as official attendees have an email in their inboxes.

Right now promotion of the festival is ramping up. We have a commercial running on TV (though for some reason they used old footage from Cris' concert rather than last year's ocarina festival. They're also calling it an "international festival" - though I suppose it is since we have 4 international performers. We're also working on lining up a radio or even tv interviews (fingers crossed) For post event press, we'll most likely have syndicated airings of the sat concert on local tv, and pre-recorded radio interviews.

We're also putting out fliers and cards and will have numerous postings on traditional media, including a page spread in a local magazine. If the weather holds, we should have a pretty awesome crowd!

carbon

Just one week away, though guests start arriving Wednesday of next week. Everyone is working on figuring out airport travel, and hotel sharing.

If you're going but aren't active on FB - shoot me a private message or just post in this topic.

Turbo852
Member Avatar

I haven't been active on this forum in a long while, but I'm going to the festival! Arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Monday afternoon. It'll be fun to meet a lot of you!

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Have fun everyone who's going!

DarkAlchemist
Member Avatar
Vice Fuhrer Nicole The Dark Alchemist
I'll be boarding my plane for the festival tonight! :D

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I wish there was something like this in Canada, or even Northern New England where I would be able to go.
Have fun everyone!

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Y'all have fun. :)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Uh-oh

Did you and Dondi change your minds about going to the Ocarina Festival Emily? Was it because of the flooding in SC? :(

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Well yes. The flooding was the reason. Everything is OK, though. Dondi was really looking forward to meeting everyone. And I want to be there so much, I dreamed I was in Allen last night. :/

drj757
Beginner
Is there something like this on the east coast

CFWhitman
Initiate
Carmelita
9 Oct 2015, 02:14 PM
And I want to be there so much, I dreamed I was in Allen last night. :/

Oddly, I first read that as 'I dreamed I was an alien last night.' But, of course, that would have been such an off-the-wall remark that it only took me a fraction of a second to re-read it correctly. It would have been a more interesting dream, though. :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

US Ocarina Festival was awesome. The concerts were awesome.
Looking forward to the performances to be accessible via web.

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
drj757
9 Oct 2015, 05:10 PM
Is there something like this on the east coast
Great question. Yes, there is an East Coast Ocarina Meetup. We are planning to hold it (for the second time) in 2016. Please PM me if you would like to discuss anything. I can add you to the FB group if you have an account. We took pictures and videos, I'd be happy to link you via PM if you like.
CFWhitman
9 Oct 2015, 07:16 PM
Carmelita
9 Oct 2015, 02:14 PM
And I want to be there so much, I dreamed I was in Allen last night. :/

Oddly, I first read that as 'I dreamed I was an alien last night.' But, of course, that would have been such an off-the-wall remark that it only took me a fraction of a second to re-read it correctly. It would have been a more interesting dream, though. :)
XD haha! That would be a neat dream though.
Edited by SewedCodeMode, 14 Oct 2015, 02:26 PM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
We missed you at the festival Emily but we felt that you were there in spirit. You would have loved it. There were so many good performances by really talented people. It seemed all we did was listen to music, play music and games and pig out on food.

Best time ever!

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

No reportbacks or videos?

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

The concert was recorded for local TV, just like my solo concert in 2011. When it is uploaded, I'll post a link here. The majority of photos and videos from this event that people recorded on their phones are on FB.

ASL Ocarina
Beginner
Hi Everyone,
I found the video for the 2015 concert. It was uploaded on Jan 16, 2016 to Allen City TV's YouTube page
I hope it's ok that I post the link here.
https://youtu.be/UTcOT2cHbgQ

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Thanks for the link! Milt's pedal work was amazing. :D

carbon

Glad it's finally up! It's also on-demand for our local TV station too!

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

I really envy Milt's collection of effect pedals. I'd love to be able to do what he does with them.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I'm going to have to submit my vacation request soon in order to get it approved so I can attend the 2016 Ocarina Festival. Will it be held Columbus Day weekend like usual? Will it start on Saturday like last year?

carbon

The main concert is the evening of October 8th, though there may be other concerts the week or even two weeks before. We're still working out the details. The hotel just sent an email regarding the group rate and the group rate date range is from the 5th to the 10th. Once we know a bit more, we'll do an official announcement.

shideneyu
Beginner
Seems nice !

carbon

shideneyu
5 Apr 2016, 07:41 PM
Seems nice !
It's a whole lot of fun and great music. The cool thing is, even if you don't know anyone - people are very inclusive and you'll be a part of things in no time. Lots of people arrived as strangers and left as friends.

Here is the facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1746150618954082/

It has local info and hotel info for the 2016 US Ocarina Festival.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ