Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daily practice routines?
Topic Started: 11 Jan 2015, 04:57 PM (1,935 Views)
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
The topic really states it all I would like to know what people on TON do for their daily practice routine?

Do you just play songs or do you have actual exercises that you play?

Do you use the STL method books, do you use the Mezzeti Ocarina Tutor or even some other form of book?

I am trying to solidify my own practice habits and these questions crossed my mind. I am also considering creating my own method book because the ones I have used I found a lack of consistent teaching from the beginner level all the way to the transition into a performer.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Playing intervals, like the bottom of this page, is useful to do especially slowly while plonked in front of a tuner:

Look for tune fragments you're having problems with and practice them in isolation.
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
I's like to know this as well. Currently I just play through some songs and do the scales a few times. I feel like I need to do the scales more often though. Also, OP, that show was amazing. Them feels.
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I'm using stl method book and i have to say it's really well done, the right indications at the right time, each lesson is divided like so: First some exercises to understand the topic, then some songs to practice what you learned.. But it works better if you study daily ofc
Member Avatar
Keeper of Song & Time
I mostly play scales and then songs im trying to learn
Bluegrass ocarina
Member Avatar
Lazy Ocarinist
I use the STL method book but I also try to do scales and intervals.
Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
I just practice/play whatever is on my to do list of hopeful covers.

But that's just me.
Pendant Ocarinist
I usually just play some songs I have already learned, and then start learning new ones.
From time to time I check with a tuner and adjust a bit, especially the low notes since I tend to blow too hard after I have played a bit, but I don't do that as a "daily" practice routine :)
Member Avatar
Resident Fashion Designer
I write my own practice sheets and then play them out whenever I can. I'm currently playing thirds and arpeggios in various keys.
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ocarina Playing Techniques · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ