Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Ray ocarina; Asian ocarina
Topic Started: 8 Dec 2014, 10:21 AM (6,121 Views)
E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
Yeah Same here actually. But in the end, I decided to stick with getting a soprano g, the strong blow ac, and of course the TAC for the added bit of range I can deal with right now. I am looking forward to your reviews man! Reeaaaaaaaalllly curious to see how the others sound aside from the TAC
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
Any news on the Ray AG triple? Also for anyone who might know, how does the ray triple Ac compare to the forte focalink triple? I have a forte arriving in a few days :)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

The Ray Triple AC is a lot stronger breath than the standard Purple Clay Focalink Forte. Odoc also said that it is higher breath than the solo type Forte triple. It's also heavier than the Forte. It can be overwhelming for some people.

I really like mine. I used it for a mini concert at MAGFest, and it was plenty loud. Even though the price is really cheap, I think it's just as good or better than Focalink Forte.

The strong blow 12AC from Ray is also very good. It has a pretty easy breath slope; and has clear sub and high notes. One thing though: It is very high breath. It is a bit big in size; but still pretty easy to hold. I'm not crazy about the shape though. It's not very compatible with Milt's crossover technique. Lee ocarina is better for that.

I bought an SC for Danny Delaney also; and I borrowed it without permission, haha. I love that little oc so much that I wanted to keep it. It has a very nice attack; and I have a much easier time with intonation for fast pieces.

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
I think with the Lee ocarina I am good for a nice strong breath 12 hole. Hrmm. Ill have to give my forte a shot, If I find that I want to get even louder, I might go with the ray XD . Im still keeping my eyes on the Ray AG triple for sure. Isn't it coming out this month?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

That's what I heard. I'm sure we'll see pics from Bambi on FB when it comes out, lol.

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
Good to hear! I'll be watching ever carefully hehe XD

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

BAM!! Courtesy of Odoc. :)

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
Woop Woop! hahahaa yeeeees! next paycheck I am buying one :D !
Just a warning! I asked jinook about it on fb, ray does not yet have it on his official tabao page, don't go buying from that link, ocarina china said not to
Edited by E123Timay, 5 Feb 2015, 11:14 AM.

alphard
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 5
Has anyone else bought from this seller? I'm very curious about the quality of Ray ocarinas, particularly at that price (808 Yuan for a triple is amazing if it is a strong breath of the same quality as a Focalink Forte). What is the balance like between the chambers? Does the seller also have multichamber bass instruments?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

They're good. I bought the triple AC, Single AC (strong type), an SC.

It's high breath pressure. Stronger than Focalink Forte. Chamber balance is good, but I think the wind ways are spread a bit far apart. It's also pretty heavy.

I don't like the ergonomics of the single AC.

I loved the SC.

I recommend buying from a taobao agent. I bought direct and went through hell and lost a lot of money and an ocarina as well as CD's in the process. Forwarders don't repack your goods correctly. But an agent will. I recommend Henry.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I was offered the role to be a distributor for Ray ocarinas in the USA. It'd be nice and convenient for people in the U.S., but I said I'd think about it. I'm kinda lazy, and there hasn't really been much interest here (USA).
Edited by Mark Chan, 5 May 2015, 08:48 AM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Awww, so you don't like the idea of being a business entrepreneur, Mark? That's too bad. It would be a nice way for you to make extra money so you could take even more vacations. :D

Was Zhou Zi Lei at Budrio this year? How did you hear about this opportunity?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

pandorado100
5 May 2015, 09:32 AM
Was Zhou Zi Lei at Budrio this year? How did you hear about this opportunity?
No, he wasn't.
I was asked by another distributor.

Desmønd
Member Avatar
Find me at southeast anime cons
Mark Chan
30 Apr 2015, 09:24 AM
They're good. I bought the triple AC, Single AC (strong type), an SC.

It's high breath pressure. Stronger than Focalink Forte. Chamber balance is good, but I think the wind ways are spread a bit far apart. It's also pretty heavy.

I don't like the ergonomics of the single AC.

I loved the SC.

I recommend buying from a taobao agent. I bought direct and went through hell and lost a lot of money and an ocarina as well as CD's in the process. Forwarders don't repack your goods correctly. But an agent will. I recommend Henry.
How loud is the triple AC? Also, I heard there are thumbholes on the middle chambers? :0

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Desmønd
10 Feb 2016, 08:54 PM
How loud is the triple AC? Also, I heard there are thumbholes on the middle chambers? :0
There is a thumbhole on the second chamber just like the Osawa multies and new Focalink multies.

I'm not sure how to measure loudness, so I'll just record a comparison between Ray, Focalink Forte, and Stein Exclusive.

I recorded with same distance to the mic one after another.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Screen_Shot_2016_02_10_at_8.39.36_PM_2.jpg (168.78 KB)
Edited by Mark Chan, 11 Feb 2016, 02:58 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ