Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Jade Everett Ocarinas; Woo! Another UK Maker!
Topic Started: 18 Aug 2014, 06:08 PM (6,990 Views)
Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Jade Everett, more popularly known as Kalasinar has finally started producing ocarinas as a finished product!

https://www.facebook.com/EverettOcarinas/posts/555988294523955

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Not quite, her work does look good though.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
They look very nice and uniform. Wish there were sound samples (unless I missed them). It's too bad - they'll probably be really expensive. I mean, they've got good reason to be, but still, that doesn't help me any...

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
There are very few sound samples of her ocarinas because she's still not quite ready to sell them. Any sound samples that do exist at the moment are likely from her older models; having said that, I've heard two of her prototypes being played in the TON Skype group, and they sounded excellent :)

Last I heard (and it was months ago), I believe she was considering charging somewhere in the £90 range (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm a bit sad that she's not going to be offering the same glaze options that she had on some of her older prototypes. That Nebula glaze was stunning! Hopefully her new glaze offerings will have something similar...

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Great news! I've been waiting a while for these.

CKeene
Member Avatar
Lion Tamer
I've been waiting a long time as well. I can't wait to get one myself.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

hylian_shieldmaiden
18 Aug 2014, 07:29 PM
Last I heard (and it was months ago), I believe she was considering charging somewhere in the £90 range (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
I actually just got a message from Jade saying that she will most definitely NOT be selling the ocarinas for £90. Just needed to confirm that.
Edited by Achint, 19 Aug 2014, 01:15 PM.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
That's nice to hear - I was afraid that my fears of them being really expensive were confirmed. I mean, I'd expect to see that price on a really good double, or maybe even a decent triple! Again, she has good reason to sell at high prices, because they seem to be some mighty fine ocarinas in more ways than one, but it cuts down on my chances of reasonably buying one any time soon. Not like that's a huge problem though - the shipping would've already handled most of that as well.

Endalion
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Amerred
19 Aug 2014, 03:08 PM
That's nice to hear - I was afraid that my fears of them being really expensive were confirmed. I mean, I'd expect to see that price on a really good double, or maybe even a decent triple! Again, she has good reason to sell at high prices, because they seem to be some mighty fine ocarinas in more ways than one, but it cuts down on my chances of reasonably buying one any time soon. Not like that's a huge problem though - the shipping would've already handled most of that as well.
So you expect to see that price on a really good double? What's a really good double? Ocarinadiva recommended purple clay and Takashi in her ocarina thread as really good. The purple clay double at STL costs $229. I dunno how much Takashi costs.. Focalink has some doubles in that range, the new AC being $160, which is in that range, being only $10 more than that £90($150). But yeah, £90 is pretty expensive for a single chamber ocarina.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Look, I don't know what a "really good double" would be. Different people have different preferences. My reasoning was that the doubles sold by Focalink and ICO are usually under $150/£90, despite being pretty well-received. Obviously, a double that was more expensive would be better, and thereby pretty good (really good, even). For example, Claudio Colombo's double AC is just about $160, or 120 euros.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
Achint
19 Aug 2014, 01:09 PM
hylian_shieldmaiden
18 Aug 2014, 07:29 PM
I actually just got a message from Jade saying that she will most definitely NOT be selling the ocarinas for £90. Just needed to confirm that.
Aah, I stand corrected :)

Any chance she mentioned how much she will be charging? Still looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
Vunderful :D Jade's work is incredible. I can't wait. I agree with Tawny, though. I'm sad some of her other glazes might not be offered anymore :c

HOWEVER, I DO really, really, REALLY like the 'Polaris'! It reminds me of the Nebula. Anything resembling *space* is quite gorgeous. Jade said it was one of the more cost-effective finishes, too :D If I had to choose, I might just get that one. Tiger's Eye and Lapis Lazuli are quite the eye catchers as well :)
Edited by Jill theredhedgehog, 19 Aug 2014, 06:17 PM.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

She has not mentioned to me how much the prices would be. Once they go on sale I'm sure she'll let us know :D
Amerred
19 Aug 2014, 03:08 PM
Allll you need to do is put it in context. A good guitar can cost atleast a thousand dollars. And that's cheap. A great ocarina costing just £90?! Hot dayuuuuum, that's value :D
Edited by Achint, 19 Aug 2014, 08:38 PM.

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

I'm not fully adjusted to the ocarina yet but I can't help but post a sound sample of the Everett C3 I just received! I've been fanboying about it for the last few days.

https://soundcloud.com/bateleur5/frontier-village-dali-short

Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

More final fantasy 9 music :)

CKeene
Member Avatar
Lion Tamer
There are a batch of these available on Ebay right now! They have finally been released!

As I'll be in England within a month I have to hold off but anyone else who sees this should leap to grab one.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
Bateleur
28 Aug 2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not fully adjusted to the ocarina yet but I can't help but post a sound sample of the Everett C3 I just received! I've been fanboying about it for the last few days.

https://soundcloud.com/bateleur5/frontier-village-dali-short
It sounds beautiful!! :D Well played, Bat c:

And yaaaaayy! I'm so happy Jade has some of her ocarinas up on eBay now :D Those of you who get one are soooo lucky!! :boogie:

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Is there meant to be any difference in sound between the Oriental and Italian models?

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Doubt it. Just a fingering thing I think.

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

Though on the other note, the capello for my Italian model C3 comes in handy. I've never really made use of one on an ocarina before this, but it came naturally to use!
Edited by Bateleur, 29 Aug 2014, 07:20 PM.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Well, at first I wasn't seeing them, but then I turned it on to Worldwide. Just another reason to use that setting, I guess. And oh God, are those things beau-ti-FUL! Damn, they look great! I'm not gonna have the money to buy them all too soon, but I'm glad I got to just see them. Plus, I spotted something else interesting on the English eBay that I'll hopefully be bidding on, so it was even more productive. Well, congrats to anyone that buys one - I'm envious.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

It's heeeere! :D

First view after opening the box.

The wax seal on the letter has the Jade Everett logo/insignia

Bag under lots of packing popcorn

Another bag picture

Jade Everett insignia on drawstring.

Bubble Wrap

The Ocarina

It sounds incredible. I'll do a sound sample later.

Jonnvoll
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
That looks absolutely gorgeous! Congrats Achint :) (put on wishlist, check)

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Thanks! The pictures really don't do it justice. It's got this shimmery quality on it, almost like glitter that low quality pictures like this just can't capture. It looks bloody incredible and the sound is just so crisp! Each note has definition and they don't slur into each other like a Focalink. It's very reminiscent of Spencer like qualities with a husky bit of Menaglio in there. It's absolutely wonderful. Really great ocarina.

Nightlark
Member Avatar
Maker

It is really fantastic. I have never bought an overseas ocarina, but if I ever do, this may well be at the top of my list

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Does a happy dance for Achint! :boogie:

Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Deleted, no longer needed.
Edited by Robert Hickman, 2 Sep 2014, 07:44 PM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

There's room for both of you.

It does seem a bit odd to have an extended discussion here about Jade's work when she's definitively left this forum, though. Most of the people posting in this thread are also on Little Geese, which she was involved with from the very start. She might actually read comments posted there.

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

I don't see an issue discussing an ocarina maker on the largest forum about ocarinas on the net. If she doesn't want to post here, that's fine, but that doesn't mean we don't like her ocarinas. Other than her being there, there isn't much incentive to post about it on Little Geese when everyone else that is buying them is already posting about it here.

Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Quote:

There's room for both of you.

Yes I know.
Edited by Robert Hickman, 2 Sep 2014, 06:08 PM.

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

This glazing job is really something to look at outdoors. I took a quick little video (not sure where else to host it! :/ )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh90wnahgwovn1g/IMG_2285.MOV?dl=0

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
At first I was enthralled by the beauty of the bubble wrap and foam packing peanuts. I said to myself, "Achint, you are a lucky man." Then I saw the actual ocarina itself and that all changed to, "Achint, you don't deserve it. Gimme! Mine!" :D

I love that Tiger's Eye finish.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Nevar!

carbon

For those of you pining for an Everett ocarina, her ebay store has a few available :

http://www.ebay.com/usr/kalasinar?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

carbon

Looks like she only has 1 AC left right now!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141421145174

It's one of the Italian style. I tried Bat's and I really liked it. Jade puts so much effort into the details.

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

Hello everyone! Just a little update, more ocarinas are done and up for sale on eBay! The C1s are finalised now as are the new style Minis, and this latest batch includes Tiger's Eye finish (which a lot of folks have been asking me for!).

Head on over to this link to see the C1s, C3s and Minis for sale: EBAY

Just Tiger's Eye and Polaris finishes have been added for now. I actually made a much much larger batch but i'm trying to save stock up for the impending Budrio Festival. I'm starting work on a new batch however, with a few little surprises to come with it!

And pictures :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just want to say thank you so much to all who have complimented my work, and to my happy buyers who have since contacted me with their praise. I'm so happy and so gratified to know that i'm on the right track ^^
Edited by Everett Ocarinas, 6 Dec 2014, 11:48 PM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Beautiful! The Polaris glaze makes me want to lie down and stare at the starry sky at night! Looking forward to the surprises! :)

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

Oh that tiger's eye :*

If I hadn't spent $400 on ocarinas in the last month I'd probably buy that Italian C1 & Mini on the spot. :rofl:
I'll just be patient for the next batch though, hopefully when my checkbook is in order~

Ocarina101
Double Ocarinist x 3
WOOOO! Just bought one of your 11 hole tiger c3 designs jade! :D If I had the money, I would totally buy a c1 lol.

Ehhh..wat da hay. I bought your c1 polaris XD. I couldn't resist
Edited by Ocarina101, 6 Dec 2014, 09:50 PM.

Bryce
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
And shipping is 8 GBP world wide, correct?
Edited by Bryce, 6 Dec 2014, 10:07 PM.

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

Thanks guys for the comments, and thanks so much E123Timay for your generous purchase!

@TheZ: It's £8 Royal Mail Special Delivery for buyers in the UK. For worldwide, it depends on the model size (£16 for C3, £14 for C1, £11 for Mini - all Royal Mail Int'l Tracked & Signed). Sorry i guess i should be providing .com links rather than co.uk links, as it defaults to UK postage in the latter!

Edit: Naturally i will combine postage for multiple purchases.
Edited by Everett Ocarinas, 7 Dec 2014, 12:12 AM.

Ocarina101
Double Ocarinist x 3
Everett Ocarinas
6 Dec 2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys for the comments, and thanks so much E123Timay for your generous purchase!
Np Jade! Your my favorite maker here on TON! Your ocarinas are GREAT quality, your always super fast to responding, I can only say I wish you made more types honestly...I wouldn't mind seeing 12 holes and doubles. Even though I know those may never happen :P your ocarinas are still the best! Definitely can't wait to hold that c1 model and try it out!

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

Aww, i really have to say, i'm speechless. Even a year ago i couldn't really imagine myself being where i am now, let alone four years ago when i started making. It was always a hope, a dream…but to be a reality, it is still taking some getting used to! I used to look at all my favourite makers who i so admire, and i never dared to believe i'd get as far. And the fact that you and others like them so much, i feel so grateful (and so relieved!). Thankyou so much for your kindness and support, i'm packing up your ocarinas as i type c:

Oh and other models will make their way to the scene eventually. I was supposed to be going straight to G4 (Alto G) after the C3 and the Mini, as i started work last year on a G4 of my old design. But i think i play my Kurt Posch B1 too much and have just fallen head over heels in love with sopranos in general. I couldn't help myself, i had to make a start on a C1! G4 will be next though, whenever that may be!

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

You have some of the lovliest glazing options! The Italian shape with the Polaris glaze is quite stunning! <3

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Wow those are gorgeous!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ