Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
[CLOSED]2013 TONs of Fun Christmas Contest!; Deadline: 1/1/14
Topic Started: 8 Dec 2013, 01:47 AM (6,196 Views)
Ocarinamusic
Member Avatar

Hi Suki, do not worry you do good work but it seem we have not spoken properly about the contest, but is also my fault I do not have time at the moment and am traveling a lot. But please agree with A and B as indicated above this makes the contest more interesting.
Also, send me your address I would like to send you one of the new Ocarinas as a little Christmas gift for your work here.
Greetings Hans
Offline Profile Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Ocarinamusic
11 Dec 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi Siki, sorry the late reply but I am only now come back from a long drive here were almost 700 Km I drove it again today . I know that everyone has a lot to do around Christmas but believe me the least have the stress I have currently.
As you all know I am very generous with prices here on Ton, and I have donated this Ocarinas as prizes for people who do something for it, make films or whatever the contest is designed ( if it's a painting contest you have to draw pictures ) I am a little ignored with the raffle if you had have asked me before I would told you what I think of that.
The people that donate the prices should be a little informed what happens to the prices.
For me, the idea was to donate more prizes to make the contest more interesting and not just to give away Ocarinas for nothing.

So if I donate these prices, and those are very nice prices, as the alto B3 Ocarina this is one of the best B3 there are. And the birds ar very nice and play very well.

People should do something for their prices, only then it is a good Contest
A.) To win the B3 Alto Ocarina you have to send in a Video with a 10-hole Ocarina played!
( not with a 12-hole or other Ocarina )

B.) To win the 2 birds you have to send in a video with a 7-hole Ocarina playd !
( not with a 12-hole or other Ocarina )

The submitted videos you can judge, however you want.
If you agree with A and B I'm happy to donate the prices,

Please also remember only to send the prices, the costs is over $ 100

Greetings Hans

Dear Hans,

I don't believe having the prizes up as "raffle" is letting people get something for nothing.

To enter the raffle, the condition is to enter the contest and hence play a Christmas song in a video with URLs to TON and Ocarinamusic.com. Clearly some members will win the major prizes by voting, but I believe there is an extra dimension to the fun if all contestants also enter a draw. Everyone who enters the raffle would have put in the effort to make a Christmas/holiday video.

The focus of this contest is to unite ocarina players around the world during Christmas. The prizes are a bonus in the name of fun competition.
Edited by kissing, 12 Dec 2013, 04:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
May I suggest something like "meeting halfway"?

Wait until the 3 main winners have been announced and have the drawing for people who didn't win any of the 3 main prizes+ hamper to avoid multiple prize awarding to one person. :)

Too be fair, They are HIS prizes, ergo he does have some say in how they are earned. If he feels they are worth more than random draw goodies, then his opinion should be respected. :?

I'll just go and hide in the bomb shelter while the rest of this plays out.... o_O
Offline Profile Goto Top

teddeler
Member Avatar
wonderland commuter
Thanks for the contest, it's fun to be able to participate. I'm sad to see such confusion, though.

However this plays out, I think discussions between Hans and the organizers should be done either through Private Messaging or email rather than the public forum (no offense meant, just my thoughts).
Offline Profile Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Ok folks, this topic (and contest) is temporarily on hold in need of some maintenance work.

If you have already made an entry, or have already started making an entry, fear not - the requirements for the contestants will not change. Anything prepared for this particular contest will be 100% eligible for when the contest is back up and running.

Closing this topic for now.
Keep your eyes in the announcements forum for a speedy re-boot!

UPDATE**

Contest has been re-launched here:
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7485589/1/?x=0#post8388052
Edited by kissing, 15 Dec 2013, 12:02 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ