Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
[CLOSED]2013 TONs of Fun Christmas Contest!; Deadline: 1/1/14
Topic Started: 8 Dec 2013, 01:47 AM (6,233 Views)
Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

UPDATE**

Contest has been re-launched here:
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7485589/1/?x=0#post8388052

Due to some arrangements to work out regarding the contest, we have put it on hold until further notice.
It won't be down for long - we will swiftly reboot it so the Christmas cheer can live on.

If you have already prepared an entry (or currently working on one) do not worry. The requirements for participants will remain the same.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

angiessa
Member Avatar
Cartoon'd ocarinist

Ooh, gonna have to put something together for this one. I've had my eye on a Noble bass. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coleton33Music
Member Avatar
Lover Of Straw Fire, and Italian Ocarinas.
How many submissions are we allowed? 1? 4?
Offline Profile Goto Top

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Coleton33Music
9 Dec 2013, 01:52 PM
How many submissions are we allowed? 1? 4?
RULES: To be eligible to win participates must:

-Be a member of The Ocarina Network. Creating an account is absolutely free of charge!

-Create an ocarina performance video playing any Christmas or holiday song on Youtube.

There are no restrictions on how many ocarinas that may be used.
Backtracks and other instruments, including your voice, are welcome.
The ocarina must be the main instrument of the video.

Collaborations are allowed, however, if there are several members from TON that are participating in a single video that video can only be submitted once by only ONE member. The member that chooses to submit the video will be the one representing that entry.

Images are also welcomed for those who are camera-shy or simply do not have access to video recording equipment.

One entry per member.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
*drool*....... That bass SHALL BE MINE!!!!!! :rofl: I've been practicing for a month for this!.... actually, all that time was spent trying to match an ocarina to a predetermined backtrack. :facepalm:

One question though: If someone says they don't want the basket, can they give it to the 2nd place winner?
(I'm only asking because some people have allergies.... like me. :giggle: )
Offline Profile Goto Top

Turtlewalker
Member Avatar
Where words fail, music speaks!
I really like the Fairy ocarina! :3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Zero Tolerance
9 Dec 2013, 04:31 PM
One question though: If someone says they don't want the basket, can they give it to the 2nd place winner?
(I'm only asking because some people have allergies.... like me. :giggle: )
Sure! That's absolutely no problem. If the first place winner chooses to opt out of the holiday basket it will automatically go to second place.

Also we know that you have been very eager for this contest and we're glad to hear that you have been practicing, Zero! We will greatly be looking forward to your entry! C:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ocarininja
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
That Noble Bass looks like it wants to be friends with my collection of Maparams~ Gonna have to come up with a genius idea! :3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

angiessa
9 Dec 2013, 12:40 PM
Ooh, gonna have to put something together for this one. I've had my eye on a Noble bass. ;)

. . .
Edited by Wollemi Pine, 9 Dec 2013, 09:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kit15
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
Sorry as I'm typing on my phone and can't really look for myself.

But is there a way to look at previous entries and winners? I have an idea or two but don't want to do accidentaly do something that's been done before. Especially if it won.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Kit15
9 Dec 2013, 07:21 PM
Sorry as I'm typing on my phone and can't really look for myself.

But is there a way to look at previous entries and winners? I have an idea or two but don't want to do accidentaly do something that's been done before. Especially if it won.
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7278227/1/
This is the topic from last year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
Yaaaaaaaay!!! :boogie:

I'm so happy this is happening again! I didn't get to participate last year, so I'll try hard to enter this year :)

Thanks so much Adriana and Sam! You guys are just terrific for always engaging the community :thumbsup: And thanks again to Hans Rotter for his generosity :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Member Avatar
>Make Awesome Video
>Get a TON of votes
>?????
>Noble Bass C

Hmmmm. I think I may have to think something up.

Offline Profile Goto Top

EduVolts
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Well.... this is a great reason to evolve my video editing skills! :rofl:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ari
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Would it be alright if I played a song from Disney's Frozen? That movie is amazing. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

carbon

I'm very tempted to take part in this. Great job Adrianna, Sam, and Hans!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

carbon
10 Dec 2013, 01:59 AM
I'm very tempted to take part in this. Great job Adrianna, Sam, and Hans!
Looks you square in the eyes with a straight face and says "you should just leave the ocarina playing to Cris." :rofl:
edit: inside joke
Edited by Mark Chan, 10 Dec 2013, 02:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
I have a question!

Is it possible to record a song that isn't a Christmas carol, but is from a Christmas movie? The one I have in mind falls under that category; if anyone needs to know what I specifically have in mind, I can send a PM...
Offline Profile Goto Top

carbon

The rules say "Christmas or Holiday song". I'm thinking of doing a non-traditional song.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angiessa
Member Avatar
Cartoon'd ocarinist

Wollemi Pine
9 Dec 2013, 06:36 PM
angiessa

. . .
LOL!! Not exactly the bass I meant. :-P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Carmelita
10 Dec 2013, 02:56 AM
Is it possible to record a song that isn't a Christmas carol, but is from a Christmas movie?
Well, I would advise to keep it Christmas/Holiday related. It doesn't have to be a traditional Christmas song, but if you're in doubt then you may PM me to make sure it qualifies. :)
Jon, I hope that you'll be able to join in as well. :) Maybe you can even make an ocarina /hangdrum video. :D
Kasumi-Chan
10 Dec 2013, 12:53 AM
Would it be alright if I played a song from Disney's Frozen? That movie is amazing. :D
Well, Frozen seems like it's intended to be a holiday video.... Kinda. xD Well, I suppose that's alright.

Really, I don't wish to be very strict, but let's just keep it to a Christmas/Holiday related theme though. (^_^;) This is meant to be a fun contest the whole community can take part in, so no stressing and most importantly HAVE FUN! :D
Edited by Suki, 10 Dec 2013, 06:04 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

angiessa
10 Dec 2013, 03:40 AM
Wollemi Pine
9 Dec 2013, 06:36 PM
angiessa

. . .
LOL!! Not exactly the bass I meant. :-P
I *just* got that :facepalm:
Offline Profile Goto Top

angiessa
Member Avatar
Cartoon'd ocarinist

It's okay, Sam, it took me a second, too. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
I have my song and my plan! Now, the only questions is whether I an execute it in time. Retirement on the 20th, three kids, two spouses, two grandchildren arriving on the 24th, a bunch of people in a tiny house, it will be close! And if I can remember how to use Final Cut Pro, it has been so long since I fired that puppy up!

Jon - you smack Mark in the face!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Pat Anderson
10 Dec 2013, 03:49 PM
Jon - you smack Mark in the face!
But, but... It wasn't me! Lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

carbon

I can confirm. For once, it really wasn't Mark! lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Fantastic new everyone!!!

The kind Hans Rotter is now offering even more ocarinas to the contest!!!! Thank you soo much Hans for your continuing generosity~

There will be a BIG raffle giveaway! Now by simply joining the contest your name will be entered in a raffle for chance to win a prize. Please view the original post for details.
Edited by Suki, 10 Dec 2013, 06:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Suki
10 Dec 2013, 06:07 PM
There will be a BIG raffle giveaway! Now by simply joining the contest your name will be entered in a raffle for chance to win a prize. Please view the original post for details.
Ok, now I have a reason to enter, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gyzyn
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 4
This annual contest is getting bigger and bigger, and it all started thanks to Suki. Thank you Suki, Hans, Kissing and James. Hopefully it will continue to grow, and one day I'll be able to say: I entered the TONs of Fun Christmas Contest before it was cool.
Edited by Gyzyn, 10 Dec 2013, 11:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EduVolts
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Mark Chan
10 Dec 2013, 06:16 PM
Suki
10 Dec 2013, 06:07 PM
Ok, now I have a reason to enter, lol.
Yay! Random winners! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd share some of the holiday sheet music that I've transcribed for my students, and we'll also be playing this music at the December ocarina meetup in Dallas:

A Silent Night Duet (the first part is the melody, and the second part is a harmony part)
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/d3e47303edfe6fe8b481f268e29ea3076e33a86e

White Christmas
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/be529c806a12026c7063d8db55b5d8785c267750

O Holy Night
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/5a8fbf9a3e6cb7a51f2b800f6c04d11eb085a3c5

Enjoy, and have fun in the contest! :)
Edited by Ocarinadiva, 11 Dec 2013, 12:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Karinett
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
Uhm... Here's my entry :O
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Yay! Our first entry. :D

Good job and thank you Karinett for your participation! Your entry will be added to the list in the original post.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Feanolwë
Member Avatar
Spirit of Wisdom
What do you mean by "holiday song" ? More precisely, can music related to winter be considered as belonging to this category ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Feanolwë
11 Dec 2013, 01:34 PM
What do you mean by "holiday song" ? More precisely, can music related to winter be considered as belonging to this category ?
The answer: Yes.

Holidays songs such as non-traditional Christmas songs, Auld Lang Syne, music related the winter season are all acceptable. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ocarinamusic
Member Avatar

Hi Siki, sorry the late reply but I am only now come back from a long drive here were almost 700 Km I drove it again today . I know that everyone has a lot to do around Christmas but believe me the least have the stress I have currently.
As you all know I am very generous with prices here on Ton, and I have donated this Ocarinas as prizes for people who do something for it, make films or whatever the contest is designed ( if it's a painting contest you have to draw pictures ) I am a little ignored with the raffle if you had have asked me before I would told you what I think of that.
The people that donate the prices should be a little informed what happens to the prices.
For me, the idea was to donate more prizes to make the contest more interesting and not just to give away Ocarinas for nothing.

So if I donate these prices, and those are very nice prices, as the alto B3 Ocarina this is one of the best B3 there are. And the birds ar very nice and play very well.

People should do something for their prices, only then it is a good Contest
A.) To win the B3 Alto Ocarina you have to send in a Video with a 10-hole Ocarina played!
( not with a 12-hole or other Ocarina )

B.) To win the 2 birds you have to send in a video with a 7-hole Ocarina playd !
( not with a 12-hole or other Ocarina )

The submitted videos you can judge, however you want.
If you agree with A and B I'm happy to donate the prices,

Please also remember only to send the prices, the costs is over $ 100

Greetings Hans
Offline Profile Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Hi Hans,

My apologies for misunderstanding. I had sent an email notifying you about the raffle Sam and I had come to an agreement on. I had no idea there was a certain way you wished to give these ocarinas away. Of course their your ocarinas and I want to respect your wishes. If I had known I would never have offered these ocarinas as raffle prizes. I assumed that since you had not answered my email that you were okay with this decision. That was my mistake of course. Previously I had asked how you felt the contest should be handled and since you said it was for me to decide I kept going on with that logic. My apologies, Hans!

I will gladly edit the original post later because right now I'm at work and busy. Sorry Hans and everyone for the misunderstanding! :(
Edited by Suki, 11 Dec 2013, 11:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cafe_Lothlorien
Member Avatar
Herbal Wizard
Aw man... I really wish I had a 10-hole ocarina! Dang, that B3 Alto is B-E-A-UTIFUL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I have 10-hole and 7-hole. :)
But I don't stand a chance. :giveup:
Offline Profile Goto Top

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
If you already have a 7 hole ocarina in your collection, why would you enter a contest to win another one?

They aren't as common as 10 hole or 12 hole ocarinas, so getting your hands on one in order to make a video is going to be tricky.

But Hans is our generous donor so it's only right to follow his wishes. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

It increases my chances, lol. :evillaugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
My video will almost certainly include my Rotter C1, but also alas other brands of ocarinas, probably my new-to-me Dinda AC and my ICO bass C! Oh well, like Mark I don't expect to win and am doing this for the sheer fun of it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

Hans' 10 hole alto B3 is one of the very best ocarinas I own. It is definitely worth trying to win. It has my highest recommendations. I would love to have the bird ocarinas. Would we be eligible for all the prizes if we include a 7 hole ocarina and a 10 hole ocarina in our performance?
Roger
pandorado100
11 Dec 2013, 11:09 PM
If you already have a 7 hole ocarina in your collection, why would you enter a contest to win another one?
Hahaha! This idea struck a funny bone with me. We could just as easily say "Why enter to win a 12 hole ocarina if you already have one...or a 10 hole ocarina?" We can never have enough!
RJ
Edited by RJ924, 11 Dec 2013, 11:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

I was like "I don't have a 10 hole or 7 hole Ocarina" then I realised I had my Mountain Oc XDDD
Offline Profile Goto Top

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
RJ924
11 Dec 2013, 11:51 PM
Hans' 10 hole alto B3 is one of the very best ocarinas I own. It is definitely worth trying to win. It has my highest recommendations. I would love to have the bird ocarinas. Would we be eligible for all the prizes if we include a 7 hole ocarina and a 10 hole ocarina in our performance?
Roger
pandorado100
11 Dec 2013, 11:09 PM
Hahaha! This idea struck a funny bone with me. We could just as easily say "Why enter to win a 12 hole ocarina if you already have one...or a 10 hole ocarina?" We can never have enough!
RJ
Yes, I know. It's ironic that I would say that considering I have well over 50 ocarinas. :grin:

I meant that in the sense of just having a 7 hole ocarina in the first place. They aren't as typical as most 10 and 12 hole ocarinas so it's harder to find tabs for them. Of course, if you can read music then that's not an issue.

I'm wondering if Hans would consider prizes for people submitting pendant ocarina videos? I've seen some nice Mozart pendants on his website that I wouldn't mind winning. I'm always up for getting more pendants for my collection.
Edited by pandorado100, 12 Dec 2013, 01:08 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ