Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
October is OcAwareness Month
Topic Started: 4 Oct 2013, 11:24 PM (9,068 Views)
Bluegrass ocarina
Member Avatar
Lazy Ocarinist
Sounds like you guys had some success, I didn't get much attention from people I took mine to work almost every day in October but no one ever aproched to ask just staired at me lol. But while playing outside my apartment watching the kids play I had a few people stop and ask me about it, one women even can out of her place and said(I thought I heard flute music) so my oldest took my ocarina over and showed it to her and explained that it was a special flute called an ocarina it was cute.
geotjakra
2 Nov 2014, 03:43 PM
Been a while since I posted, but just want to share some ocarina awereness opportunity I had in October. Got a short interview segment in the local news about my ocarinas in a Ceramics exhibition I was in. Starting at around 2:46 to for the ocarina part. I was there that Saturday to give an Ocarina making workshop.
http://video.metrotvnews.com/play/2014/10/25/310021/xinwen-lifestyle-pameran-seni-2
I just watched the vidio it was really good you guys have some awesome stuff there. >:D
Edited by Bluegrass ocarina, 2 Nov 2014, 05:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
thank you Zero and Bluegrass, it was one of those impromptu moment, I hope it's enough to trigger interest to those who were there as well as those who watched the segment to actually want to try or learn more about the ocarinas....:)
Edited by geotjakra, 3 Nov 2014, 10:02 AM.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

This deserves a definite bump!

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I'm going to start out this OCtober by playing my ocarina in a friend's church this weekend. All the people in my church are familiar, and my mom and I were asked to play in a different church.
Edited by Kitten Forest, 2 Oct 2015, 07:19 PM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

October is Vegetarian Awareness month. :)

I'll be attending two ocarina festivals this month. :dead:

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Well, I'm a vegetarian ocarinist. Perfect!

There aren't any ocarina festivals near me, but I'll be going to a Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Gaming Convention at the end of the month and I'll be bringing an ocarina to play Zelda songs on. Last year I went and had a few requests when I was standing around playing.
Edited by Kitten Forest, 2 Oct 2015, 08:48 PM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Going along to this tomorrow:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1598866667042541/

There's a session after the dance - I'll use my normal mix of ocarinas, recorders and C clarinet.

The organizers: http://www.edinbal.org.uk/

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Be aware !

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Be verrrrrry aware!!

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

It's still October!

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I've had enough ocarinas for the month.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Mark Chan
28 Oct 2015, 04:18 PM
I've had enough ocarinas for the month.
You can still play your melodeon, NAF and ukulele for David's October video collab. :)

Jem21797
Member Avatar
Euphonium Enthusiast Extraordinare
Technically this was last month, but I started an ocarina ensemble at my university and now we're up to 9 people! Teaching ocarina is also great practice for me as a music ed. major. Hopefully, we can start making some videos in the next couple of months.

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
I've done a lot. I've taught quite a few people the ocarina, and they eventually wanted one of their own. I play it a lot in my front yard and my neighbors like to listen to it.

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Conflict resolution is only a half step away!
I played at church last Sunday. Quite a few people asked me to tell them more about the ocarina.

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
I filmed a vid for David's World Ocarina Collab last night, with my youngest brother's band. BlackCat Sunshine is the name of the group, and man are they great! Just waiting for my brother to send me the file... C:

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

A 1 month heads up!

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Bump! 'Tis the month.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
David Ramos' anuual collab announcement is out now! I'm planning to record at my university for it this year since there are some neat spots around campus.
Anyone else going to participate this year?

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist x 2
yeah i will participate with my electronic ocarina ;)

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Strange he did not announce that here.
I'll see if I can do it. I hope so.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Ocypode
6 Oct 2017, 09:57 PM
Strange he did not announce that here.
I'll see if I can do it. I hope so.
The collaborations used to always be on here first, but there was a large group of people that left a couple years ago and since then, everything has been mainly on YouTube and other social media sites. It reaches a larger audience that way.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Less than a week left in October

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Ok i have recorded it today. Do you know if i can upload this song on my youtube channel?
Or do I have to wait until his collabsong is online?

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Dirk Ocarina
30 Oct 2017, 07:42 PM
Ok i have recorded it today. Do you know if i can upload this song on my youtube channel?
Or do I have to wait until his collabsong is online?
I've seen lots of people post theirs on YouTube in past years. It's always neat to hear what other people are doing!

I'm going to play the SoL, so I had to add a harmony and I'm hoping that section will be put in. Since it's in key of G, I added a few lower notes based on the chords shown.

Ocypode
Double Ocarinist
Maybe next year, I got stuck under a mountain of work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ocarina News and Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ