Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
[CLOSED] Halloween & Autumn Photography Contest [CLOSED]; TON's second official Photography Contest is here!
Topic Started: 2 Oct 2013, 10:51 AM (17,915 Views)
The Doctor
Member Avatar
Actor Writer Whovian Musician Snake Charmer Sword Fighter Genius Ocarina player and humble too
Catch that mouse!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Samuel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
That's it, I officially demand a trollface smily for this forum.

mkmusic
Member Avatar
Voice Artist & Musician
Ocarina1231
17 Nov 2013, 08:15 PM
Cool!!! I preformed "Empty chairs at empty tables" on friday
I am DYING to perform that one day. I got to perform "Bring Him Home" while I was performing on a cruise ship. Do I smell a "Les Mis" duet YouTube video?

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

I'll give you guys a hint.

The winner...

hint

mkmusic
Member Avatar
Voice Artist & Musician
Achint
17 Nov 2013, 08:39 PM
I'll give you guys a hint.

The winner...

hint
LOL I'll admit it, I clicked through all of them. x)

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

I'm pretty good at this hint thing.

Ahahahaha I'm going to terrorize everyone till Jill and Mark and Adriana stop me. WHICH THEY WON'T CAUSE THEY'RE NOT HERE. MUAHAHAHA.

The Doctor
Member Avatar
Actor Writer Whovian Musician Snake Charmer Sword Fighter Genius Ocarina player and humble too
Get the mouse traps! This ends today!

Awaren
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
I suggest Achint to get new official TON MouseTroll status :)

Zero Tolerance
Member Avatar
Tamer of beasts, Anything on Ocarina-ist and TON Secret Santa Organizer!
Mouse traps?! Please that's kid stuff. I'm thinking Rat-Tac or sick my Dog on him. >:3

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Guys guys guys. What's with all this talk of violence.

Must we resort to such crude methods of info extraction? Exactly. I didn't think so.

Now. Who wants to know who the winner is?

Click for peace. Click for no dead mice.

Samuel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Protip: if you go to quote Achint's posts, you can see the nested spoilers laid out in code.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Protip: If you click on the quotes... you... um...

I'm watching you Samuel. *squinty evil eyes*

Samuel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Hee hee hee.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Ok fine fine. It's time for revelation peeps. Jill will be here momentarily.

*Drumroll*

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
... Jill is no longer viewing the thread.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Achint
17 Nov 2013, 09:30 PM
Ok fine fine. It's time for revelation peeps. Jill will be here momentarily.

*Drumroll*
Truth?

Or master troll?

You'll never know.

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

Here come the drums, here come the drums :3

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Truth. Jill is currently posting a new topic in News & Events.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

OR IS SHE?? DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

NiceCrocs
Transverse Ocarinist
TYPE JILL. TYPE LIKE THE WIIIINNNDDDD

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Jill is learning from me. Master troll apprentice initiate.

MiniYabber
Member Avatar
I'm a dude.
My name's not MiniYabbler :D *stares at my name on the list*

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
:rofl: OOPS!! Sorry! Thanks for pointing that out! *fixing* :)

casper ocarina
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker and ocarinist

theshatteredpumpkin pm me said he is the winner, is this truth or just a joke, I didn't see the announcement of the winners . He he ......

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
:rofl: The contest winners thread is in the active topics, Casper!! :) theshatteredpumpkin wins first place!

casper ocarina
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker and ocarinist

Ok, congratulations to him.

Golden Monkey
Member Avatar
Power, Wisdom, and Courage
Achint
17 Nov 2013, 08:24 PM
I know who won.

Heehee.

In your face, contestants.

*runs away*
:shakefist:

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Golden... You realize the results have been announced, right?
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7431865/

Golden Monkey
Member Avatar
Power, Wisdom, and Courage
TheZ
18 Nov 2013, 02:47 AM
Golden... You realize the results have been announced, right?
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7431865/
Now I do :p

Mickji
Member Avatar
The Ocarina Chipmunk_^^_.
Why my photo was not added in the list ?
Is it because I have posted both Isa and my photo ?
Is it because I bothered with too many questions and photos ?
Or is it because shipping to Italy is too pricy so it's better that I don't partecipare anymore ?
Edited by Mickji, 19 Nov 2013, 03:16 PM.

seadeatea
Member Avatar
Just this guy, you know?
Oh, yeah. Your entry picture was the one with the acorns and mushrooms. I liked that one and didn't notice it not on the participant list. To be fair to the judges you posted a lot of various pictures around the same time on the thread. It was easy to overlook the final entry post. But sorry you were left off of their entry list. I am sure they will be able to explain what happened, but my bet is on simple oversight do to so many different pictures.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Jill theredhedgehog
12 Nov 2013, 06:08 AM
Hey guys! Sorry for my delay :) The OP is all updated!

PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE!!
@Mickji:

I'm very sorry that that happened. Jill did say let her know if she's missed anyone.
I can assure you it wasn't anything personal against you.
Since I've been away pretty much all of October, I haven't been following this thread until near the deadline.
It was simply overlooked. I know how infuriating that can be; so I don't really know what to say but sorry.
I hope you participate in the next one.

Mickji
Member Avatar
But they have a folder with the names of the participants with the photo and the nametag
someone said to not worry because nothing will go wrong
As you were away, and I know it because I read that you were travelling
I was too, and I said it that I was in the hospital
The last time I checked was on 12 and now on 19
The last time they took one month to decide, this time less than a week
She wrote me in the email on 9 if I'm not wrong saying to delete all the other photos
When I did it I wrote here if there was still something else that was not good and to tell it to me
I'm not infuriated...lot of water under the bridge must pass before someone can makes me infuriated, I only cry like a river because every time there is something wrong ...none' giusto...
Well the only thing that I can say is that I'm not able to take good photos so if I am in the list or not it doesn't change because the photo is not good with angle exposure focus etc...let's say that
Edited by Mickji, 19 Nov 2013, 03:52 PM.

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Mickji,

We would like to offer you our sincerest apologizes. We are not in anyway bias to anyone photos and everyone has an equal chance. Please do not think your photo was missed due to some personal reasons. This is not the case. As Mark quoted, Jill did say that if we missed anyone's photo to please contact us immediately. While we do try our very best to include everyone's photo, it is always a possibility that an entry may be missed. Therefore, we always advise for every participant to double check if their entry has been counted. It is always best for participants to double check near the due date. We truly are very sorry and really appreciate each and everyone's photos. We will try our hardest for this issue to not come up again in any of our future events. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Edited by Suki, 19 Nov 2013, 04:10 PM.

Mickji
Member Avatar
I am not saying to have something against the person
I only asked.. or I tried to understand.. don't know how to say -.-'''' Since it is not a contest from a maker, because they have enough money to pay the workers the bills etc and save some money that if a place is pricy to ship to, it is not counted in the constest
In this way people from that place yet know that they are participating for fun not hoping to win something
It seems to be a good reason to me,since I know that you are normal people

I remember that it was written that every person has a folder with their name and the 2 photos in order to not allow people to cheat changing their photo after they uploaded it the first time
So I was sure thinking, they make a list from the folder with the participant's folders and they are more than one person doing this contest to they will double check bethween them
As I wrote in my message, I was and still have to be in the hospital so I cannot chack the website often
However I wrote on fb when I uploaded my image and I wrote in private mail on fb before uploading my photo and I wrote it here then I answered to Jill about the problems with the photo both in private ton mail and in this thread
People that know me know how I am good at forums... it is also difficult for me to find this thread again u_u''' think
I thought I was not counted since I uploaded Isa and my photo, something like You have done this, this is not allowed so you are fired from the contest...it seems to be a correct thing to me, so I asked

I didn't said anything about my photo the day after I published it because the list in the first post stopped to be uploaded, so I thought I uploaded after Mery so I will wait until they add her name, if mine is not on the list then I will talk
Because to bother the day after you uploaded your photo is not polite no?
The problem is that then I had to go to the hospital other 3 times so I didn't had a chance to check this until today

For the next time I suggest that every of the judgers make a folder with the folders of the participants and that the date of the winner choosing is wrote in the main post
So you take a longer time to think about the photos and people know when they have to check
In this way you will also reduce the spam talking in the thread before the end date

Samuel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Mickji
19 Nov 2013, 04:39 PM
I didn't said anything about my photo the day after I published it because the list in the first post stopped to be uploaded, so I thought I uploaded after Mery so I will wait until they add her name, if mine is not on the list then I will talk
Because to bother the day after you uploaded your photo is not polite no?
It isn't polite? I don't think I waited much more than a day before pointing out that I wasn't in the OP, because the thread was active enough for that to be enough time.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
I am very, very sorry, Mickji, for not including you in the list. Please know it was NOT my intention and it was NOT personal at all. It was my mistake and I hope you can forgive me :C *huggles*

I'm on my iPod right now, but as soon as I get home I will add you to the list. Unless an admin can do it before I can? :rofl:

Also, I think you may have misunderstood me. Looking at it, your photo is fine! It's a nice picture, but I asked if Isa could create his own member account so he could upload his picture. We have the "one photo entry per member" rule so I wanted it to remain fair so Isa could enter. As for "deleting your photos", I asked if you could share all non-contest related links in another thread.

I DO remember you said you were in the hospital. Again, please don't think this was done on purpose. I admit it was my mistake and I should have been more careful when updating the list.

Everyone is always welcomed and we appreciate all the participation from our members.

Still, mistakes happen, and it's always possible for something to go wrong. In the future, PLEASE help us by letting us know if we have missed anyone's entry. Please.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ