Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Cris Gale Asia Ocarina Concerts!
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2013, 07:25 AM (5,726 Views)
Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

Posted Image

Some of you may already know, but I just wanted to officially share the news about my upcoming concerts in Asia. I have 4 total concerts, with two in Taiwan and two in Japan. My concerts in Taiwan are free charity concerts that will benefit the Taiwan Ocarina Philharmonic Society. My June 26th performance is already completely reserved, but the June 29th concert is still accepting reservations. I'll have the honor to share the stage with the Warm Wind Ocarina Quartet, Li Wenyu, as well as the Yilan County outstanding Junior Ocarina Team.

I'm really looking forward to just visiting Taiwan and meeting old friends and making new ones. I'm also hoping to visit quite a few ocarina shops as well as Takashi Ocarinas, Focalink, TNG, and Chen Ching. I'll try to take lots of pictures and try lots of ocarinas.

Taiwan Flier

I have two Japan concerts, both of which are being presented by Night Ocarina. My first concert, July 6th, will be a solo concert at a very old church built in 1919. It will feature music from Japan and America. It's funny, but I already knew most of the Japanese music but am having to learn the American tunes :)

For the July 7th concert, I'm really excited and honored to be sharing the stage with nyuCrossroads. They are a fanastic husband and wife musician team. I have a few of their CDs and they're really amazing. I'll try to find out if they are available anywhere online. That concert is for the Tanabata, which is the Japanese Star Festival. I'm performing a few "star" themed pieces and they'll be performing music from their CDs. I'll be joining in for a few duets. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Japan Flier

If by chance you or someone you know will be in Taipei or Tokyo during that time, please let me know :) Ticket information for the Tokyo concerts can be found at Night Ocarina's Website

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

Very very very cool :)

Best of luck with it all Cris! I hope you enjoy the experience

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I really wish I could be there! :cry: I hope you have a successful performance and have a wonderful time! :)

Erin
Member Avatar
Aussie Oca
Wow! I find this totally inspiring, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time spreading the ocarina's beauty! :D

RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

That all sounds like great fun. I hope you have a great time over there. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures (and hopefully a video or two).
RJ

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Please be safe, friend! It's pretty safe to say you will have fun. I hope you make a lot of good friends and have a wonderful time! がんばってください!

Endalion
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Are you participating the next tea exchange Cris? If yes, maybe you could find some nice teas to share during the trip (just a consideration for the trip if you have time). We could time it after your trip.

casper ocarina
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker and ocarinist

Welcome to Taiwan, wish you the best when you stay here. It's a pity that I couldn't make it your concert in Taipei, I will ask my friends to go and enjoy your performance.

Best wishes from me. C:

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Cris, I sure hope you have time to stop by Chen Ching's LCC studio and meet his cat Mimi. Be sure to take lots of pictures if you do. I'm a huge fan of that adorable little beauty. She now has a pesky little brother to deal with. Chen recently adopted a black kitten that seems full of mischief. :)

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
Sounds like so much fun! I live so far away! :(

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
This is so rad :) Congratulations and best of luck with your performances, Cris! It's very inspiring to see one such as yourself pursuing such excitement in music!! <3

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone!

@Endalion : Yes! Definitely! I'm planning on picking up some good tea while I'm in Taiwan and I'd be happy to share some in the next tea exchange.

@Casper : Thanks! I hope we have a chance to meet during my visit.

@Pandorado : I am definitely planning on visiting Chen Ching and finally meeting Mimi. I'm bringing her a gift :) I saw the photos of the black kitty. He's adorable! I'll have to bring him something too!

Bryce
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Cris, is your husband coming on the Asian tour? Perhaps you should pick up a little something for the Mods. ;) (just kidding, of course) Be sure to take lots of pictures of Focalink's museum. It looks really cool from the photos Hans shared on FaceBook.

lakilester5626
Member Avatar
Undecuple Ocarinist
:O On the Taiwan flier, who is the man below you, and what ocarina does he have? Is it like a Quadruple Bass G or something?

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Good luck with the concerts! I wish I could attend them.

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

@TheZ : No, my husband isn't coming this time. I think he's planning on going next time. I am planning on taking LOTS of pictures and videos.

@lakilester : His name is Li Wenyu. I think the ocarina he has in the photo is a quadruple bass from Focalink.

@Wollemi : I wish you could attend too! If you do, I promise not to reveal your secret identity :D

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

You're so lucky, I hope you enjoy yourself while over there =D. Be sure to keep us lot updated whenever you can XD.

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

Thanks Grimat :)

I just found out that my July 6th concert is sold out!!!

Edited by Ocarinadiva, 14 Jun 2013, 07:31 AM.

Gyzyn
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 4
Why does Japan have all the fun stuff? They got Godzilla, Milt, Cris Gale. All I got is Rihanna concert :dead:

ubizmo

You'll love Taiwan!

I know you'll give a great performance; enjoy every second of it!

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Wow! That is soo exciting! I look foward to seeing your photos of your trip! May you have a safe journey. :)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Gyzyn
14 Jun 2013, 11:46 AM
Why does Japan have all the fun stuff? They got Godzilla, Milt, Cris Gale. All I got is Rihanna concert :dead:
What? You want Godzilla to come and trample all over Poland, Gyzyn? That's your idea of fun? :<

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Hehe. I never thought I'd see Godzilla and Cris Gale come up on the same sentence. :)

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone. I think I figured out how to sync my photos to my home computer, so my husband may be able to help me post stuff too on Youtube and Facebook. I'll try to update stuff too, but I might be busy. If he posts - he'll tag it as (Jon).

WindSong
Member Avatar

Best Wishes Cris!

MiniYabber
Member Avatar
I'm a dude.
Woah! Way to go, Cris! :jumpy: It's a shame we don't all live in Japan/Taiwan :C
Looking forward to the photos!

Ari
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Congrats, Cris! I hope you have fun in Taiwan! Keep us updated on those ocarinas :)

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

Hey guys, I'm in Taipei now, and the hotel does has free wi-fi, so it looks like I won't have any difficulty posting here and to Facebook! I'm rehearsing soon, but later today I will be visiting Zack at the Focalink factory , and tomorrow after more rehearsal, I will visit Kuolong and my friends in Rubato group at his place for dinner, and hopefully I'll get to visit his workshop! I'm so happy and excited to see my friends again and meet the ones that couldn't make it to Korea. My hotel now is very close to the train, so I'll be able to explore a bit too. Yung-tai and his family have been so kind to help make my dream come true to visit Taiwan! :). I feel very much at home here...

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Sounds great! Don't buy too many ocarinas. :)

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
Pan Kuolong might just give her a few as a gift. :)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I already saw the pictures of your lavish banquet, Cris. You are definitely experiencing fine Chinese cuisine. I'm so jealous (and hungry) :)

Did you get the chance to visit Chen Ching yet? What about Casper? He's in Taipei.

casper ocarina
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker and ocarinist

pandorado100
24 Jun 2013, 12:10 PM
I already saw the pictures of your lavish banquet, Cris. You are definitely experiencing fine Chinese cuisine. I'm so jealous (and hungry) :)

Did you get the chance to visit Chen Ching yet? What about Casper? He's in Taipei.
Chen Ching is located in Tai-Chung where in central of Taiwan, may be he might attend Cris's concert. And I have been occupied by the Wednesday class.it's a pity that I will not be able to attend this fantastic music event. -_-

Shion Itsuki for Milt
Member Avatar

Hi Cris!! I am so excited about your concert in Japan.
I will be an interpretor for you when you will have an interview ^^
I know your schedule is super tight but I can still have a bit of time to spend with you at that time!!

See you soon!

Frozen
Member Avatar
The Black Knight
Thank you Cris, for sharing your impressions on Facebook!
I really enjoy following your journey, and I recommend it to everyone, who is on facebook.

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

@Wollemi
I will try, but after my first concert on Wed the 26, I am visiting a town famous for ceramic that has several ocarina shops, a place called Taoyuan Yingge Old Street. My ocarina hero You Xue-shi (who I met last year in Korea ! ) has an ocarina shop there, and also another friend of mine from Rubato Group (her name is Sweet) has a shop there as well. Rubato group is the ensemble that Kuolong is in too. I met them in Korea, and it was really great to finally meet them. Not everyone in Rubato group was able to go to Korea, so I'm looking forward to meeting even more friends! There is also the ocarina shop in this town that has the giant duck ocarina, and it is famous in the area! I think it will be very difficult to resist buying some cute pendants in this town, and I'm also hoping to buy the triple in G and F that TNG makes (since I already have the triple AC and BC - I'll be pretty much set once I have these ocarinas :) ). I also want to buy the double SG from Zack at Focalink. Since the Dolce line is softer breath, I think having a double SG that isn't too loud or shrill will be nice.

@OcarinaFanatic
We're actually planning to do an ocarina trade. Even though the Aria is made in Taiwan, it isn't actually available in Taiwan I think, because STL designs are exclusive to STL, which is only allowed to sell outside of Taiwan, (and TNG sells only inside Taiwan and to distributors). Also, it looks like I maybe won't be visiting the TNG factory, because my friends assure me that the TNG ocarinas I want will be available in the shops in the ceramic town. I'm glad I will get to visit Zack at Focalink. I've also been wanting the AF pendant so I can play Chinese (and some Japanese music) with my friend who has all that jianpu music sheets. A lot of those pieces are in F, and she has an AF Focalink seedpod. I have a G one, but the F has such a nice mellow tone. Now I can pick out a pretty one!

@Pandorado
Yes, the food has been marvelous so far. Wish you were here to enjoy it with me! :)

I will visit Chen Ching on Friday the 28. I will leave early that day with our mutual friend Lee (Ching Ming) to go play a small concert of music for some elementary school kids, and then he will ask me some questions so the kids can know a little more about me. I'm really looking forward to meeting the kids! Afterwards, I'll visit Chen Ching (and Mimi!!) for some tea. Later on, I'll take the high speed train back to Taipei.

@Casper
I hope we can still meet, even if you are not able to come to the concert! It's so exciting to finally be able to come to Taiwan! I really feel at home here, and it's so wonderful to be able to see my friends!

@Shion
Hi Shion! I can't wait to see you and Milt again! Thank you so much for being my interpreter for the interview. I'll see you both very soon! :D

@Frozen
Thank you very much! It will be busy again tomorrow with rehearsals, but i'll try to remember to post pictures of my adventures throughout the day! Once the concerts are finished, I will have more time for sightseeing, and i will also visit some places of interest in Taipei: Yang Mountain, Taipei 101, the Taipei International Museum, and maybe bike along a bike trail that is near the river. Yung-tai says it is very beautiful there.
Edited by Ocarinadiva, 24 Jun 2013, 09:26 PM.

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself, I hope the concert went/goes well =D. And thanks for keeping us updated on facebook =D

Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar
Close the World, Open the Next

I have no idea how to get to the church, or even what prefecture it is in.

WindSong
Member Avatar

Hi Cris,
Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a good time.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Stephen Bobchin
4 Jul 2013, 06:22 AM
I have no idea how to get to the church, or even what prefecture it is in.
Stephen, it's in Tokyo. Take the Chiyoda line to the Nezu station; and it's an 8 min walk from no. 1 exit. Here is a map. Good luck! :)

Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar

No worries, I found it, listening to Cris warming up.

Endalion
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 3
The traveling ocarina is with you there, right? Hang out with Cris there and scheme with her to introduce it to local ocarinists there as well.

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar

Endalion
6 Jul 2013, 12:35 PM
The traveling ocarina is with you there, right? Hang out with Cris there and scheme with her to introduce it to local ocarinists there as well.
:) I got to meet the ocarina on both sides of the world! Thanks Stephen!

Posted Image
Edited by Ocarinadiva, 8 Jul 2013, 01:04 AM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Try to get Milt to play that traveling ocarina. Having him contribute would be awesome.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
Very cool trip(s) so far, Cris :) You're very lucky. And we're all there with you in-spirit!!

Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar

pandorado100
8 Jul 2013, 01:54 AM
Try to get Milt to play that traveling ocarina. Having him contribute would be awesome.
I will. Gonna have him and Shion sign it as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ