Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
how can i get these nots clear; can,t get some of the two lowest notes on my 12 hole transvers oot to sound right when i go from low b to c
Topic Started: 22 May 2013, 10:50 PM (312 Views)
Katie
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
Any tips to help me i keep practicing but it still dosnt sound right
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
So it sounds like you're having troubles with the subholes. Make sure you are covering them all the way, and when you do cover them, be sure you aren't lifting your fingers off the main hole.

Furnace with wings
Member Avatar
Tolkienite, Whovian, Book-loving Polymath.
Which notes ? High or low?
What kind of ocarina do you have?
Hopefully well figure this out pretty quick.

Whoops , didn't read the subtitle.
Edited by Furnace with wings, 22 May 2013, 10:54 PM.

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
She mentioned she had an OoT, presumably from SongBird. She also said she was having trouble with the lowest notes.

Furnace with wings
Member Avatar
Tolkienite, Whovian, Book-loving Polymath.
The lowest notes will be much softer. They will also require less breath. I would suggest using a tuner when you practice. It should give you the notes as you play, then just adjust your breath pressure accordingly. They have some on the App Store and in music stores.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
Just make sure you get a good seal on the fingerholes, and oftentimes the notes you play with the subholes require a lot less breath, so try blowing more gently on those two notes. Practice, and you'll get it :)

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
I wish all ocarinas had proper subholes. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ