Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Casper Ocarinas; new 7 hole pendant
Topic Started: 3 May 2013, 09:59 PM (4,493 Views)
pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Yes, once I got over the mental hurdle, I found I could play the Casper 7 hole no problem. This will probably become one of my favorite soprano pendants.

I just played Funiculi, Funicula. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
Yay for you guys! :D

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
I was just wondering, does Casper make a Triple Alto G? I'm starting to save up for an TAG, for my ocarina anniversary in September, and I love the look of his ocarinas. Might even spring for a Meteor finish. I'm guessing a PM is the way to go...?

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Or contact him via FaceBook. He hasn't been on here since mid-April.

(Kevin)
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Carmelita
25 May 2014, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering, does Casper make a Triple Alto G? I'm starting to save up for an TAG, for my ocarina anniversary in September, and I love the look of his ocarinas. Might even spring for a Meteor finish. I'm guessing a PM is the way to go...?
He does offer a TAG. He quotes prices in this thread, Post #68
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/7449705/2/#new
Best to contact him via PM through his facebook page, he hasn't been around TON in a while.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Yep, Facebook. I ordered a pendant from him last week. :)

SewedCodeMode
Member Avatar
Music gives my days light and my heart, peace.
Thanks guys. :)

PassingBlur
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
I'd like to buy a 7 hole pendant from Mr Casper, does anybody here have a good amount of experience with these instruments?
I've looked through the review section, but i don't see a review for these yet.
Edited by PassingBlur, 20 Mar 2015, 08:15 PM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I have several of Casper's 7 hole pendants. I like them a lot. The reason why I haven't written any reviews for them is that I lack enough musical experience and technical jargon to express things as nicely as other forum members such as Bateleur or CKeene do.

All I can say is that I love the extended range, they are easy to play and sound really nice. My favorite one is his Soprano G 7 hole pendant but I also have an Alto C and Alto G pendant as well as quite a few of his transverse ocarinas.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: CasperOcarinas.jpg (34.98 KB)

PassingBlur
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
Thank you Pandorado100, I will try to contact him today, see what he charges.
Might go for a C, missing my old Wang Yue right now, .. but i want something new :)
Edited by PassingBlur, 21 Mar 2015, 12:36 AM.

teddeler
Member Avatar
wonderland commuter
Casper has posted a photo series on his facebook page showing the steps to making ocarinas (extended range pendants). Very nice:

https://www.facebook.com/CasperOcarina/?fref=nf

My only complaint would be the choice of glaze at the end. I prefer the meteor or 'string-pattern' design.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
teddeler
26 Jan 2016, 05:45 PM
Casper has posted a photo series on his facebook page showing the steps to making ocarinas (extended range pendants). Very nice:

https://www.facebook.com/CasperOcarina/?fref=nf

My only complaint would be the choice of glaze at the end. I prefer the meteor or 'string-pattern' design.
I love Casper's meteor finish too but he said that he is not making them for now. About a year ago, his supply of the plant based resin that he uses to seal the ocarina, dried up and he wasn't able to find a new supplier. I haven't talked to him recently to see if that situation has changed. You could PM him on Facebook to see what's going on with the resin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ