Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Oberon Ocarinas
Topic Started: 21 Apr 2013, 01:22 AM (10,705 Views)
geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
thank you Jeanne and Jill, it even looks better in real life, the photos did not do justice to the beauty of Ross's Ocarina. the sound is loud with a tad of texture, which I like/love :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Naos and Mizar were once a pair before being shipped off. Very nice, Geoff! :)

I made this video featuring Mizar last month, but was not satisfied with my performance, so I never uploaded it. After some time passed, I finally decided to just upload it because I didn't feel like re-filming.
Mizar Video

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Yo guys! On behalf of Ross, can I ask both of you to write a full fledged review please?

As a new maker he can use all the exposure possible and keeping stuff in the reviews section is a good surefire way to do that.

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive, and then there will be a full review on The Ocarina Repository c:

I am so stoked waiting for it... I HATE the international postage to Western Australia though! :/

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Achint
19 Aug 2013, 08:32 AM
Yo guys! On behalf of Ross, can I ask both of you to write a full fledged review please?

As a new maker he can use all the exposure possible and keeping stuff in the reviews section is a good surefire way to do that.
It's on my to-do list. But since this is the second time being asked, I'll try to write one today. I hope you don't mind me stealing your review format, lol.

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
give me some more time to really get to know the ocarina first :) then I will write a review.

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
just made a recording with my Naos, just trying to explore its nuances, man....this thing is a power house, but please forgive and excuse my mediocre skill,
http://youtu.be/p9ERLTUHV8I

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
You have some nice natural reverb in that room where you made the recording. It makes your ocarina sound very resonant. :)

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
yes the pingpong hall have high ceiling, giving it a nice reverb, you can compare the sound to this video....where I'm playing the Naos in my room where there is no reverb.
http://youtu.be/W2SpUoknVJs

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Arcturus arrived with me 10 minutes ago ;) Darn but it's beautiful... o.o

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Congratulations Cambell! And pictures!!!

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Mark Chan
23 Aug 2013, 03:30 AM
Congratulations Cambell! And pictures!!!
No! I tease you all mercilessly now ;)

Yes I took pictures ;)

Spoiler: click to toggle

Let me know if you can't see them, and I'll post them up here too c:

I'm not doing a review right at this moment, but I can say one thing: This ocarina is amazing. Mr Dubois, you are going places with this kind of work :thumbsup:

I want to be first in line for the Soprano G model, ok? Literally, the first in line :D
Edited by Cambell, 23 Aug 2013, 07:09 AM.

Skwishee
Member Avatar
Ocarina Fish Lady
Oh wow Campbell, that ocarina is gorgeous :love:
The firing Mr Ross uses is just stunning, I've loved seeing everyone photos :D
Edited by Skwishee, 23 Aug 2013, 09:07 AM.

JKreutzer1
Beginner
Do you make any bass transverse ocarinas? If so what is the price range and where can I buy one?
Thanks

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Skwishee
23 Aug 2013, 09:04 AM
Oh wow Campbell, that ocarina is gorgeous :love:
The firing Mr Ross uses is just stunning, I've loved seeing everyone photos :D

Oberon ocarinas are amazing :D They look and play like a dream and I highly recommend them to everyone :thumbsup:

JKreutzer1
11 Nov 2013, 02:36 AM
Do you make any bass transverse ocarinas? If so what is the price range and where can I buy one?
Thanks

Ross doesn't make bass transverses at the moment, but I believe he is working on some kind of bass model. That doesn't mean it's anywhere near ready for production though. The wait will be worth it ;)

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Its been a while since I updated this thread!
Thank you Cambell, like always youre way too kind! :)

To echo what he said, I do not have an bass or tenor ocarinas planned at the moment. Im currently in the process of releasing a newer design of the Alto C and Soprano G ocarinas which I expect to be available before december. Pendants are also in full swing!

I havent mentioned it from the looks of it, but the way folks will be able to order ocarinas from me will be changing as well. Due to the chaotic nature of saggar firing and its unique patterns and names, ocarinas will be listed as theyre made on my Etsy account, which will become active as soon as I have an inventory. There you will be able to find the AC, SG and pendant ocarinas, pick the design that most appeals to you individually and feel happy about what finish you receive, rather than hoping a saggar goes a certain way. Furthermore, new interesting finishing techniques will be applied, spicing up an already interesting saggar form.

I'll pop in once more when everything is updated :D Im prototyping the new line as of two days ago so it shant be long!

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Haha I'm not being too kind... Arcturus is my best ocarina. Not just my favourite! My best :)

I think the new ordering system will work well for everyone. Lets people get an idea of what they are buying and not have to wait for it to be made either ;)

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I can't wait for your Etsy store to launch, Ross. I've been waiting for one of your pendants forever!

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I'll be checking the Etsy page every hour of every day, lol. :D

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Mark Chan
11 Nov 2013, 01:14 PM
I'll be checking the Etsy page every hour of every day, lol. :D
Gosh darn it, Mark. You have an unfair advantage since you use Mobile to surf the Internet. No wonder I can't buy anything new that Sarawut posts on his Etsy store. You're always there ahead of me. :shakefist:

It will probably be the same situation once Ross launches his Etsy store. :giveup:

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Kids these days... Lol

itsgottensunny
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Wow, these ocarinas are so beautiful! I'm still a very new ocarinist and this is my first time really exploring your instruments, Ross, even though I've seen them floating around on ToN. :) I can't wait for your etsy store to launch, I'd love to own one soon!

Also, I'm excited to see an oc maker from my immediate area! I've noticed there seem to be very few members from the northeast/tri-state area (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), so it makes me happy to see a great, local shop! :thumbsup:

Spacefood
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Did the etsy store launch yet? I couldn't find it.

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
Nope. His last FaceBook post was November.

Spacefood
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Hmm... that's too bad. Does anyone know if he's still making ocarinas?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Yes, he's still making ocarinas.

Spacefood
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Thanks Mark, I guess i should have looked at his Facebook page first. He says "Keep in mind, I am not accepting orders, but stock will be posted to etsy, with the pendants and alto's coming first." The implication is that he's working on building an inventory before the store launch. I hope things are still on course for him, I'm quite interested.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Spacefood
23 Jan 2014, 03:57 AM
Thanks Mark, I guess i should have looked at his Facebook page first. He says "Keep in mind, I am not accepting orders, but stock will be posted to etsy, with the pendants and alto's coming first." The implication is that he's working on building an inventory before the store launch. I hope things are still on course for him, I'm quite interested.
Yep, he's currently looking to add a Soprano G to his line up, so he'll hopefully soon be making pendants, alto C and SG .
Also his Alto C is being reworked and we should see a new prototype soon.
Edited by Achint, 23 Jan 2014, 07:35 AM.

Zephyria
Member Avatar
devourer of sushi
I know this is an old thread...but did he ever get an etsy store together? It's on my eventually list to snag one of his, and it'd be nice to stalk a store in the meantime. :)

The-Zesty-1
Member Avatar
Heartily Laughing
I'm curious about this as well. It would definitely make ordering an Oberon a heck of a lot easier. Fingers crossed!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Ross posted a few pictures of a batch of new ocarinas that he is working on. He's on Facebook if you want to check them out.

https://www.facebook.com/OberonOcarinas/?fref=ts

Gabbb
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
Too bad to see that he's making the new ones with a different finish.. Too bad, that was something i always loved of his ocarinas.. They look stunning!!

The-Zesty-1
Member Avatar
Heartily Laughing
I like his stone-like finishes better too, those seem like they're hundreds of years old. So awesome. I hope he keeps making that finish.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I like Ross' saggar fired finishes too. The problem is he has to find somewhere that he can do the special process that creates that lovely marble like effect. It's somewhat similar to the raku firing process that Songbird used to do. It creates a lot of smoke and neighbors may complain, plus a lot of cities have ordinances against burning things.

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Hey all.
I'm still producing saggar fired ocarinas and they will continue to be my signature style. I will be offering a toned-down finish style as well as a more affordable option, but rest assured nothing will change otherwise.
I'm working on transitioning into a lighter work schedule that will permit me more ocarina making time and once that is under control, you can expect to see more of my instruments on the market (I know they've been incredibly scarce on the used market).
Thanks so much for your interest guys and you'll be hearing more from me soon!

Roberto
Member Avatar
OcarinaJapan
That's good news to hear Ross ! I don't own an Oberón Ocarina yet but I'm thinking very seriously to buy one since your Ocarinas has many things I'm always looking to find on Ocarinas. Starting from design to sound. Thanks for the update and looking forward to see your news Ocarinas available on the market.

CKeene
Member Avatar
Lion Tamer
I can't wait to try one!

The-Zesty-1
Member Avatar
Heartily Laughing
Yay! I really want to try one of these as well. :)

OcSlader
Member Avatar
In Need of Unlimited Funds
AARRGGHHH! You're killing me Ross! So many ocarinas I want and so little money *sniff* :<
Edited by OcSlader, 15 Feb 2016, 07:32 PM.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
So glad to know you are still making these!! What will the prices for them be?

And when will they come out? I'm very much looking forward to seeing them again.
Edited by Vendace, 1 Mar 2016, 11:35 AM.

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

Here's a lil sound sample of Oberon's Gosling Soprano C pendant!

LINK
Edited by Bateleur, 19 Feb 2018, 04:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ