Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Oberon Ocarinas
Topic Started: 21 Apr 2013, 01:22 AM (10,590 Views)
OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Page pending update
Edited by OberonOcarinas, 5 May 2014, 11:38 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Hi Ross! Welcome back!

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

A-thank you sir! ^^

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
So, so, SO cool! Congratulations for launching your business, Ross! Your ocarinas are beautiful and they sound so lovely :) I look forward to perhaps ordering from you in the future. Also, lucky Achint!! :D

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

They look so beautiful! Like marble (or some kind of stone)! I also look forward to purchasing one in the future! :D

Penycat
Member Avatar
Ocarina lover at first site!
Congrats on getting production of your ocarinas out to the public!
They look so lovely! So creative about using names for ocarina identification!

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

ah shucks, thanks guys :D I hope youll like them!
hopefully achints sound clips will do them more justice than my cruddy phone

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

I like the look of these Ross. :)

From the sound sample they seem to have strong subholes too which if that is the case is excellent.
From what I can see you have put a lot of effort and thought into making these and I think that also shows by the naming scheme you have devised. :D

I'm interested in the unique voicing ramp too.

I'm also happy to see a maker who is producing Taiwanese subholes, but even better, gives customers the choice out of three (or potentially more) types.

(I really like the look of the white and this one.)

WinterdrivE
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Oh, wow. they look and sound so good! Now I really want one... TT_TT

Just out of curiosity, do you currently only offet ACs? And if so, do you plan to expand your models to include other pitch ranges?

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

@Elven spellmaker~ Thanks man! The ramp is kinda goofy, but it really helps out the high F so that the player can push it without worry. Im glad that it comes across as unique; and thanks for the compliments mate! :D

@WinterdrivE~ Cheers for the interest! At present, I am offering 11 and 12 hole AC's, as providing this model has been my aim for a loooong time. However, I realize a lot of folks are interested in various pitches as well, so I will be producing some other pitch ranges in the coming months. With a few existing molds I have I can possibly create a Bb and a D, but thatll take some practice first to get the tonality just right but if a lot of folks are interested in a particular pitch, I'll gladly consider it. One thing is for sure though, Im really itching to produce a soprano F ocarina too ;)

Eventually I plan to have a basic range of AG, AC, SF, SG, and SC which is common ocarina set but im always open to suggestions!

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Yayyy for official announcements! Congratulations Ross! :D
You've been working so freaking hard at this, I'm glad it's FINALLY taking off!

Can't wait for Spica to get here :D

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

I remember when you first joined TON Ross and I saw your first ocarina pictures on your Facebook, and I was intrigued by them. I knew this day would come!

I also still enjoy the Eb pendant I got from you way back.

SpiritWind Ocarina
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Awesome Ross! I'm glad your finally selling :D I know a lot of people have been waiting on your ocarinas.

Poc
Member Avatar
Ocarinist
These are beautiful ocarinas and it's evident that a lot of hard work went into developing these. I especially like the white clay ocarina and the intense smoke fired ocarina. Good luck with the business!

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
Heck yeah! I've been waiting for these to be ready for quite a while now! Is it possible to request a name providing it isn't already taken?

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi Ross
fantastic ocarinas!

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Thank you all so kindly guys. It really has been a long time and the designs have been ever changing. Definitely a roller coaster of emotions, stress and good stuff but its a journey I would definitely recommend to anyone who has a passion for working with ocarinas. It may be daunting to some folks, but at least giving it a shot at some point in time is always worth it, even if its made out of play dough :P

@FortyTwoBlades- I had thought about the naming system quite a lot and while it could be fun for folks to name their own to have some meaning to them in that regard, I ultimately decided against it. I name them after stars in constellations currently and list them accordingly for each ocarina that exhibits traits akin to their name, if that makes sense. It just keeps things a little more simple for me. I may consider it in the future though once Ive a better grasp on the whole commerce aspect.

Ah and I neglected to mention something. I know there are a slew of folks that were curious about pendants and I will comment that I have been thinking about them with those people in mind. While it wouldnt be any sort of regular production, I may produce a singular batch of a certain number once a year. Im still thinking hard about it and need to do some new testing and designing but it is a very real possibility that I may produce some.

My main focus is transverse ocarinas and I have dedicated myself to making them so they will certainly remain my primary interest, but I will be open to the oddity once in a while, which would be the occasional set of pendants and might even be some one off instruments and pottery.

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Hey Ross! Awesome to see you finally in production and (more importantly!) selling mode!

I wish you all the best with your business and the design of other pitches :) I may have to pick up an Oberon set one day ;)

Congratulations :thumbsup:

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Thanks Cambell, I always appreciated your following my stuff from the start ^^ I totally means a whole lot to me that youre still cheerin me on! Thanks man

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
Old. Just really, really old. Also tired.
Them's some pretty ocarinas.

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

I love the look of the saggar fired ocarinas. They look very ancient and earthy.

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Make music, not notes! >:(
Those are so pretty! Good job! :D

CKeene
Member Avatar
Lion Tamer
I know I've been waiting on these for awhile now. I hope to have some money in the future.

I had to sell almost all of my ocarinas to pay for my wife's hospital bills when she was injured several weeks back. It was very difficult as I sold some amazing pieces but we got hit hard. I would love to write a detailed review of one of your ocarinas. I enjoy giving back to TON by writing helpful, detailed and professional reviews as a serious player because without TON I would never have known about so many of the great makers out there, yourself included. I hope I can begin replenishing my ocarina collection with one of yours in the not to distant future.
Edited by CKeene, 21 Apr 2013, 08:36 PM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I'm definitely one of those people interested in buying your pendants whenever you get around to making them, Ross.

In the meantime, I shall gaze longingly at pictures of Achint's Spica ocarina and try hard not to be so jealous. :)

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
Ocarinadiva
21 Apr 2013, 07:38 PM
I love the look of the saggar fired ocarinas. They look very ancient and earthy.
Yeah, I was thinking mossy... like they're made of moss agate.

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Yeah, the green is very pretty!

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

I always enjoy the marble vs. moss comparison as I think they look like both myself :D Its always random as even though the ingredients may be the same for two ocarinas, the patterns never are and the reactions vary based on temperature, ramping speed and oxidation. Im going to be trying a few different ingredients in the coming months to see if I can get some more unusual colors in there. I would really like to get some true blue colors in there, maybe purples but im not sure if its possible...yet

Man, thanks a lot folks for the support so far. Ive been really nervous about this but youre all making me feel like its going to be quite alright ^^; Its a big hope of mine that I'll maybe see some pop up on here with some good vibes in the future!

@Ckeene- I had noticed your ocarinas on ebay over the past few months and that situation sounded so tough. Im sorry you guys had to go through that :( I hope everything is getting better and that your wife is on the mend!
Edited by OberonOcarinas, 22 Apr 2013, 01:02 AM.

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
Super excited! :D

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

OberonOcarinas
21 Apr 2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks Cambell, I always appreciated your following my stuff from the start ^^ I totally means a whole lot to me that youre still cheerin me on! Thanks man
No problem! It's the least I can do to help a great new maker. I may have some more opportunities to help out and promote soon... Will let you know ;)

EDIT: Also, I would have been your second customer, if I wasn't saving all those hard-earned nuts like a mad little squirrel... Wedding coming up! :grin: but no ocawinas... :cry:
Edited by Cambell, 22 Apr 2013, 01:21 AM.

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
Yeah, you are finally selling :) awesome dude, I would really like to get one of your sagar fired ones, they are so lovely! I'll have to send you an e-mail soon. Please reserve one of your most unique sagar piece for me. You accept PayPal?

Best regards, Geoff

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

@Cambell~ no worries man, I'll still have hands to make em later on :3
The wedding is far more important than any ocarina! You must be elated, I can only imagine. Good luck mate, I hope it'll be a happy and memorable occasion and wish you all the best ^^

@geotjarka~ thanks a lot Geoff, coming from such a talented artist and fellow ocarina maker, that always means a whole lot :3 I'm making them on an as-ordered basis at the moment but will try to make some on the side for stock (Etsy or eBay BIN) if I can, so I'll keep you in mind for one! And yessir, PayPal is the only method I'm comfortable with for now until I've gotten the hang of this business stuff.

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
Congratulations Cambell! Good business to you, Oberon! :D

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
Indeed--congrats Campbell! ^_^

And Ross--if there's ever anything I can do to help you out with learning the business ropes I'd be happy to help. I consider myself a novice still, but I've been running my own show for a few years now and had lots of retail experience at a small business before that, so I may be able to help you clear some of the hurdles I ran across. :)

Jon.w
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
They look great! Best of luck. I hope to get one soon, will you post to Ireland?

(Kevin)
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Jon.w
22 Apr 2013, 01:07 PM
They look great! Best of luck. I hope to get one soon, will you post to Ireland?
He will ship to Ireland, Jon. I placed an order for one of his Saggar fired oc's and i'm living in Ireland.

Jon.w
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
(Kevin)
22 Apr 2013, 01:30 PM
Jon.w
22 Apr 2013, 01:07 PM
He will ship to Ireland, Jon. I placed an order for one of his Saggar fired oc's and i'm living in Ireland.
Thanks Kevin, let me know when you get it.

Riquisimo
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist
Wow, your ocarinas are gorgeous!

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
I wish I could just buy the one at the bottom of the first picture. That's the one I want!

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
That one IS spectacularly breathtaking isn't it?

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

aw shucks, thanks guys. That one in particular is already in transit to Achint though :D
And yep, I will ship to anywhere I can as long as the rates are reasonable enough for the customer in some way shape or form. Hopefully customs arent too tough wherever these may go.

@fortytwoblades- I may take you up on that offer once I organize some things further. Its brand new territory for me and it would be great to get some advice from someone whos been doing the commerce thing for some time, and rather successfully at that! your website is pretty awesome i must say ^^

@jafafa hots- While I dont have any in particular stock right now as Im working on a per order basis, I will be trying to make ocarinas if I can via by it now on ebay. Thats wholly based on how much time Ill have to make them. Ordering is the best bet to get one lined up for sure, but the odd one may pop up on ebay from time to time :3

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
OberonOcarinas
22 Apr 2013, 04:09 PM
aw shucks, thanks guys. That one in particular is already in transit to Achint though :D
And yep, I will ship to anywhere I can as long as the rates are reasonable enough for the customer in some way shape or form. Hopefully customs arent too tough wherever these may go.

@fortytwoblades- I may take you up on that offer once I organize some things further. Its brand new territory for me and it would be great to get some advice from someone whos been doing the commerce thing for some time, and rather successfully at that! your website is pretty awesome i must say ^^

@jafafa hots- While I dont have any in particular stock right now as Im working on a per order basis, I will be trying to make ocarinas if I can via by it now on ebay. Thats wholly based on how much time Ill have to make them. Ordering is the best bet to get one lined up for sure, but the odd one may pop up on ebay from time to time :3
Given that I've shipped razor sharp machetes to places like Australia, Singapore, the UK, and others, I think you'll have no problem with customs! Just make sure you label the ocarina as "ocarina flute" on the customs form since most postal/customs workers probably don't know what an ocarina is.

Thanks for the kind words--it's a labor of love, much like your work is for you! :)

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
Watcha gonna do when you run out of stars to name ocs after? ;)

OcarinaFanatic
Member Avatar
You can't run out of stars! LOL

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

I know I'll be buying one of these.

FortyTwoBlades
Member Avatar
Plays With Sharp Things
Jafafa Hots
22 Apr 2013, 04:55 PM
Watcha gonna do when you run out of stars to name ocs after? ;)
I think it'd be tough to run out of them! Even if it's "boring" names like HD 39801 (yes it's a real star) but THIS list contains around 300 star names. However, if extending it to include other named celestial bodies, THIS list contains a STAGGERING number of names, and it's only for minor planets!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ