Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's in the mail?; What are you waiting for?
Topic Started: 14 Mar 2011, 11:34 PM (78,351 Views)
Platina
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
This baby!

Posted Image

I'm very surprised of how fast it was processed and how fast I received it! I ordered it on Monday, got an e-mail of the process being done, and got a message on Facebook from Songbird Ocarina that they had shipped it and it was on it's way...ALL IN ONE DAY!!

I received it this afternoon! And yes, I used Standard Shipping and everything. I even used the discount code I got in an e-mail, but I doubt that makes a difference. Usually when I order ocarinas from Songbird, it takes a week for the instrument(s) to get to my doorstep! I'm very happy with their service, and the ocarina!

...I must say though, the color isn't what I expected it to be. I thought it would be the same lighter color as shown on the website. Must have something to do with how they had the lighting on it or something. Either way, I'm still happy!
Edited by Platina, 19 Jan 2017, 02:58 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
I've been waiting for three ocarinas from a Russian maker on etsy who I haven't seen mentioned here on TON. My parents got me these as a late holiday present. Shipping is a little slow because he had to make two of them (the Song of the Sea ocs) and shipping from Russia to the US is not quick.

These will be my first "sculptural" ocarinas besides maybe my Dragontooth AC. They are also interesting because they seem to be in a sort of reverse inline system (instead of linearly taking off fingers moving upward, you increase pitch by linearly taking off your fingers moving downward). I might review them if I feel like it for others.

Etsy Page
Acorn in F
Song of the Sea in D
Song of the Sea in A
Edited by jordan.1210, 20 Jan 2017, 11:06 AM.

Jellyfish
Pendant Ocarinist
I ordered a Hind sweet potato Tenor in sapele. I can't wait to play it!

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Nice! I need to get a Hind ocarina, probably will get an inline since they are more affordable to me now.

Jellyfish
Pendant Ocarinist
I can understand that, I've been saving a long time before I bought this one.

WinterdrivE
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I have an ICO triple BC in the mail that I've been waiting on for, like, 3 weeks and its killing me. Should be here this week. Fingers crossed it comes soon before I die of anticipation X_X It'll be my first bass ocarina and my first not plastic multichamber, so I'm pretty excited to play not a TNG plastic triple.
Edited by WinterdrivE, 16 Feb 2017, 08:24 PM.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
That's great! My only bass and triple is an ICO TBC and I love it! Have fun!

For me, I'm waiting on a Dinda alto Bb and a Fiehn AE. And having three brought to me from my house (I'm in college).
Edited by jordan.1210, 16 Feb 2017, 10:09 PM.

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist
Just got my Terry Riley extended range soprano g in the mail. Its a lot of fun.
Now I'm waiting for the Mr. Mute.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
I just got my Dinda alto Bb today. Love it!

Posted Image
Edited by jordan.1210, 23 Feb 2017, 03:24 AM.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
That's a beautiful Dinda, Jordan. He hasn't been posting much on Facebook except for an occasional khlui video. I am glad to see that he is still making ocarinas.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Yeah he's relatively active on etsy

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist
Got the Mr. Mute in the mail yesterday. Took about a week to get here. I've only played around with it a little, but it seems to work well.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
I just got a songbird alto C in the mail today and a shipping notification for my takashi. I would call this a successful birthday.

LifeLightXY
Member Avatar
procrastinator
Just ordered a Songbird Pokeball and Noble ocarina. I can't wait for the Pokeball. :)

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Just got a keyed Aria :D

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I ordered the SOL yesterday. Usually shipping to Canada takes about two weeks, so I'll probably have to do a review video for it as well as the Songbird Pokeball I got in Secret Santa.
The Pokeball is really good by the way.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Same, ordered a Sol

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
So jealous of the people who ordered a Sol. I just don't have the funds together.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I wasn't going to because I wanted to save up for a Nintendo Switch, but I wasn't planning on getting that until sometime in the summer when hopefully some of the bugs are fixed. When I found out that it might be my only chance to get a Sol, I did it. It still hasn't come through on my credit card from Paypal so I don't know the final cost due to issues with my discount code.

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Got my SoL in the mail today! I love playing it

Posted Image

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Wow. That was impressively fast! Look forward to the review, Jordan. :) I just got my Mr. Mute, so I'm excitedly trying that out. Trial and error, since the English manual has not been released yet!

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
I'd love to see a review of that too! I think the reason I got it so quickly is because I'm in San Diego which is about 2 hours from Songbird

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
That's neat! I live in Canada, so it will probably be about 2 weeks until I get mine, but I'm also waiting for a cosplay wig I ordered 3 weeks ago. Shipping can take a long time when I live so far east.

LifeLightXY
Member Avatar
procrastinator
Now that they're both here, I just thought I'd drop a picture! Surprisingly, I really like the Japanese sub-holes on the Noble ocarina compared to my old NbN's Taiwanese. The color is nice too, kind of like a dark navy blue. I'm still learning my way around the Pokeball, and I've found that the mouthpiece may be placed a bit awkwardly due to the shape, but it still has a nice and chipper sound!

http://i.imgur.com/ZHKlzj6.jpg

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I went out on a limb with my most recent purchace. I won a bid on ebay for a vintage plastic Gretsch ocarina in G. It seemed to be in pretty good condition from the pictures, and I look forward so seeing it in person as they were used in the second World War.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I am expecting this ICO mini DAC this week. I got it custom finished by Spoonyspork. :)

ICO mini DAC
Attached to this post:
Attachments: ICO_mini_DAC_custom_finishsmaller.jpg (179.43 KB)
Edited by pandorado100, 11 Apr 2017, 08:38 PM.

spoonyspork
Member Avatar
L'il Tooter
^.^ I hope you like it!

And since I'm here: I'm waiting on a a bunch of brass leaf, a new airbrush, and a TNG BC B&W Porcelain, because apparently having literally any key ocarina in any finish I want at my finger tips just isn't enough XD

(it was also $160... and last I checked, taobao was the only place to get it, at almost $500...)

Bobbie
ocarinas & etc
I'm waiting on an Alto F from Hamlett. After I get it and play it for a few weeks, I'll post a review. I couldn't find a review of the F on TON, though I found review of the Hamlett G.

BTW, I notice Songbird is now out of the SOL, so you folks who just got them timed your orders well!
Edited by Bobbie, 17 Apr 2017, 08:43 AM.

Breakfast Oreos
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
I just ordered a Luna Celta Alto C as an upgrade from my plastic Focalink. I haven't heard a lot about this particular ocarina maker so I hope I'm not disappointed!

jordan.1210
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
From what I've seen most people have had good experiences with Luna Celta

CFWhitman
Initiate
Bobbie
17 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM
I'm waiting on an Alto F from Hamlett. After I get it and play it for a few weeks, I'll post a review. I couldn't find a review of the F on TON, though I found review of the Hamlett G.
The Alto F from Hamlett is relatively new. He's only offered it for the last two or three years. It's a nice price for an Alto F (also called a Tenor F from some makers), so it seems like it would be a good buy. I've thought about picking one up myself.

Breakfast Oreos
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
jordan.1210
19 Apr 2017, 10:56 AM
Excellent! Now the wait... I've heard shipping takes about a month to the states :S I don't like to be that patient lol oh well

Shenanirina
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Breakfast Oreos
19 Apr 2017, 03:45 PM
jordan.1210
Excellent! Now the wait... I've heard shipping takes about a month to the states :S I don't like to be that patient lol oh well
Have you gotten your Luna Celta yet? If so, how do you like it?

I just started ordering a custom, triple bass C from them and I'm quite excited about it ^w^

Nafaei
Member Avatar
A figment of your imagination...
I'll be in the mail soon! (Sorta) I return home from studying abroad next Sunday :) when I get back, I have plans to purchase my very own harp, so that will be in the mail soon too!

Breakfast Oreos
Member Avatar
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
Shenanirina
12 May 2017, 03:03 AM
Breakfast Oreos
jordan.1210

I just started ordering a custom, triple bass C from them and I'm quite excited about it ^w^
I did get it a few days ago. The paint job is beautiful. I've been playing around on it for a few days and it seems to be flat on the upper notes but I'm still trying to give it time to figure out if it's the ocarina or if it's just me. I don't have the same issues on my focalink AC though. :(

Shenanirina
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Breakfast Oreos
12 May 2017, 06:26 AM
Shenanirina
12 May 2017, 03:03 AM
Breakfast Oreos
jordan.1210

I did get it a few days ago. The paint job is beautiful. I've been playing around on it for a few days and it seems to be flat on the upper notes but I'm still trying to give it time to figure out if it's the ocarina or if it's just me. I don't have the same issues on my focalink AC though. :(
I know that sometimes, on my takashi triple tenor C, the notes will be a little flat on the upper end if I don't sufficiently narrow the stream of air I blow out. Perhaps try that if you haven't?

Ari
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
My Takashi triple just arrived in the mail today.

I'm already loving it. The sound is as beautiful as the ocarina itself. You can definitely tell the high level of craftsmanship. I ordered it with Osawa fingering for the double chamber, which I like except for high C (I think) on the second chamber, where you have to take the thumb off the thumbhole. It makes me feel anxious about dropping it (especially given the price), but I suppose practice will eliminate that worry.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love how the marks in the smoke firing by the mouthpiece almost look like flowers. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/av0ceshhm7hlszh/AABVZwRoYT2AaKOfhcuTNCR2a?dl=0
Edited by Ari, 28 May 2017, 12:17 AM.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Glad you like the Takashi, I've heard they are top notch.

I recently got a Hong Xiao AG (smoke fired), very nice. Waiting on a couple of Ray ocarinas, an AC and SF.

Hopefully I'll be set for a while with ocarina buying. Though I might like a Pure DAG for my birthday or Christmas :)

heike
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
Kasumi-Chan
27 May 2017, 06:08 PM

I'm already loving it. The sound is as beautiful as the ocarina itself. You can definitely tell the high level of craftsmanship. I ordered it with Osawa fingering for the double chamber, which I like except for high C (I think) on the second chamber, where you have to take the thumb off the thumbhole. It makes me feel anxious about dropping it (especially given the price), but I suppose practice will eliminate that worry.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love how the marks in the smoke firing by the mouthpiece almost look like flowers. :)

I love my Takashi Triple! And yours looks so beautiful, with that special flowery pattern.

I don't take the right thumb away from the ocarina, rather roll the thumb tip up and away from the hole, so the ocarina still has support. by the thumb body.

Ari
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
heike
28 May 2017, 01:39 PM
Kasumi-Chan
27 May 2017, 06:08 PM

I love my Takashi Triple! And yours looks so beautiful, with that special flowery pattern.

I don't take the right thumb away from the ocarina, rather roll the thumb tip up and away from the hole, so the ocarina still has support. by the thumb body.
Ohhh, I see. I'm used to to the TNG fingering, which seems similar to Osawa but with the thumbhole under the B hole instead, so you just slide your finger off for the high C. I'll definitely try it out!

JordonMB
Member Avatar
Beginner
I currently own four ocarinas:

6 HOLE C MAJOR OCARINA MINI NECKLACE from STL.
NEW PLASTIC TRIPLE OCARINA (DOUBLE COLORS) from STL.
PURPLE CLAY ALTO F MAJOR OCARINA from STL.
ONE OF A KIND MUSE "DARK MUSE"- GLOSSY BLACK GLAZE IN KEY OF F from Songbird.

Now I'm waiting on these ocarinas:

SONGBIRD HARMONY TRIPLE OCARINA.
DOUBLE SWEET POTATO OCARINA IN SOPRANO G from Songbird.
BASS PLASTIC OCARINA from STL.
NEW PENDANT OCARINA WITH MAXIMIZED RANGE from STL.

In the future I plan to order these:

HARMONY DOUBLE TENOR OCARINA IN G from Songbird.
Bass Triple Chamber, Key of C from Imperial City Ocarina.
Double Bass in G from Focalink.

Honestly, I want more but I'm pretty happy with what I've selected so far. Out of the future ocarinas my primary interest is in the Focalink Double Bass in G, and with that I could probably do without the other two, however I'll probably get the harmony someday in an year or so.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
spoonyspork
12 Apr 2017, 01:59 AM
^.^ I hope you like it!

And since I'm here: I'm waiting on a a bunch of brass leaf, a new airbrush, and a TNG BC B&W Porcelain, because apparently having literally any key ocarina in any finish I want at my finger tips just isn't enough XD

(it was also $160... and last I checked, taobao was the only place to get it, at almost $500...)
@Spoonyspork

Sweet Jabeezus! You got a TNG BWP bass C for only $160? Did you have to sell your soul to the devil? Even on TaoBao that's a beautiful price. I want to get a BWP alto G or F someday. Everytime I look at Cris' TNG set, I get so jealous.

I am expecting a shipment from Yu Yu of an Odami ceramic AC. She told me she is also including the gift of a CD of ocarina music plus a plastic Odami ocarina for being a customer. She is so gracious. I encourage TONians to give her Etsy store a look. Samuel Lee has a couple of Odami ocarinas and recently uploaded a video demo of the plastic. He says it has the most stable notes he's ever experienced on a plastic ocarina. Here is the link to Yu Yu's Etsty store, it's called Ocarinamonster. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ocarinamonster?ref=l2-shopheader-name
And here is Sam's latest video with the Odami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWXYLyR9XS8

Edited by pandorado100, 19 Jun 2017, 01:27 PM.

spoonyspork
Member Avatar
L'il Tooter
pandorado100
19 Jun 2017, 01:19 PM

Sweet Jabeezus! You got a TNG BWP bass C for only $160? Did you have to sell your soul to the devil? Even on TaoBao that's a beautiful price. I want to get a BWP alto G or F someday. Everytime I look at Cris' TNG set, I get so jealous.

I am expecting a shipment from Yu Yu of an Odami ceramic AC. She told me she is also including the gift of a CD of ocarina music plus a plastic Odami ocarina for being a customer. She is so gracious. I encourage TONians to give her Etsy store a look. Samuel Lee has a couple of Odami ocarinas and recently uploaded a video demo of the plastic. He says it has the most stable notes he's ever experienced on a plastic ocarina. Here is the link to Yu Yu's Etsty store, it's called Ocarinamonster. https://www.etsy.com/shop/ocarinamonster?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Yep! B&W for only $160, and it is beautiful... Though I prefer the ICO (the holes are more ergonomically placed). Also basses this big should *not* have a glossy glaze. XD

Spoiler: click to toggle

Would love to try an odami at some point, but I now have... 12 12 hole AC's that are actually mine. So it would be insane XD

In the mail I currently have a project from pandorado, several customizations from Song Wei to paint/glaze, and a re-stock of standard ICO's. Also a Xun from ICO which I got to play with but it turned out someone who ordered a custom also wanted a Xun, so won't get a lot of chance to play with it. Will be cool to see what the glaze does across the grooves though :)

Ari
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
Wow, I got my BWP AC for almost $150! I love it to death, though my only gripe is the subholes, which don't have nearly as much clarity as the rest of the range. Also, I noticed that STL stopped selling other models of the BWP ocarinas outside of the AC and quad, so I suppose TaoBao is the place to go for them now.

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
That is a beautiful BWP bass Tina. I am envious. Just be careful playing it. You wouldn't want it to slip out of your fingers due to the glossy finish.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ