Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What's in the mail?; What are you waiting for?
Topic Started: 14 Mar 2011, 11:34 PM (72,377 Views)
Sigurthr
Member Avatar
Flutist and Ham Radio Operator. Talarđu Íslenska?

@Ubi Left Thumb C nat and a Low C?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

Kalasinars Hind Harmony Inline Double arrived. It is a beautiful oc and I have been playing it over the past week or so.

Now I am waiting for the Maparam Double from Kalin (he posted it over the weekend) :D

I will now be very pleased and satisfied with my ocarina collection as I will have just about everything I want.

To be honest though my next and probably final purchase for now will be a bass ocarina. I need to weigh up my options and decide which one I want

speckles
Member Avatar
I’ve been hypnotized

Kalasinar
4 Apr 2011, 06:20 PM
speckles
17 Mar 2011, 02:17 PM
Waiting for this book:

Spoiler: click to toggle

:eager: :eager: :eager: :eager: :eager:
I have that book...it is...amazing :love:

Philippe Faraut is one of my favourite artists and that book helped me sculpt my Attius Grey sculpture ^^

You will love it, i'm sure of it :D
I got it because you mentioned Philippe Faraut on your Attius Grey topic, and from seeing your work. :thumbsup:

ubizmo

Sigurthr
12 Apr 2011, 04:09 AM
@Ubi Left Thumb C nat and a Low C?
Yep, I want it all!

Ocarinette
Member Avatar
Lone French ocarinist
What's in the mail????
A Muse in Eb is in the mail!
Hopefully I'll get to order another oc this week :D

TimGreen
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint
Im still waiting for my 4 ocs, and I hope they come today, I cannot wait for my first pendants and the almighty dragontooth!

Iroh
Member Avatar
Tea, the life blood.
I have a teacarina from TNG coming in the mail soon

Yoshi
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
YES I can finally post in this topic! :D

I have an Ogawa AC on its way to me right now ;)!

Ocarinette
Member Avatar
Lone French ocarinist
Yoshi
16 Apr 2011, 04:41 PM
YES I can finally post in this topic! :D

I have an Ogawa AC on its way to me right now ;)!
Oh no! i'm so jealous!
congrats on your new oc though! :D

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

That's awesome Yoshi!!! How was the ordering and payment? Too hard?

Yoshi
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
Dullahan
16 Apr 2011, 05:45 PM
no it was very easy! i emailed him saying what i wanted to order and he responded really quickly, in only minutes. Then he tells you your total and you just send the PayPal payment to his email. I was very impressed by his customer service =]
Ocarinette
16 Apr 2011, 04:51 PM
Yoshi
16 Apr 2011, 04:41 PM
YES I can finally post in this topic! :D<br /><br />I have an Ogawa AC on its way to me right now ;)!
Oh no! i'm so jealous! <br />congrats on your new oc though! :D

I'm so excited
Edited by Yoshi, 16 Apr 2011, 11:42 PM.

Member Avatar
There will be cake.
Wow! I wanna do that now. Congrats Yoshi!

TimGreen
Member Avatar
Yoshi
16 Apr 2011, 11:42 PM
Dullahan
16 Apr 2011, 05:45 PM
no it was very easy! i emailed him saying what i wanted to order and he responded really quickly, in only minutes. Then he tells you your total and you just send the PayPal payment to his email. I was very impressed by his customer service =]
wow, thats pretty awesome! I'm glad to hear you have an ocarina on the way and that you got such great customer service, thats always a bonus!

Ketonquot
Member Avatar
Slave to the tootles
I'm waiting for "The Art of Ocarina - Volume One - For C Major 12 Hole Ocarina" from STL. I ordered on thursday, so i'm hoping for monday or tuesday. :thumbsup:

Poltergeist
Member Avatar
Pink Elephant on Parade

I've been drumming my udu a lot lately (a "Neck Udu" by Schlagwerk), so I decided it's time to order another, different udu. I bought one with a skin attached, adding some of the possibilities and sounds of a darbuka to the udu. It's the same as in this video:

TimGreen
Member Avatar
wow, I have never heard of an Udu before! Thats a cool instrument! Is there one of them in your profile picture?

Poltergeist
Member Avatar
Pink Elephant on Parade

Thraxier
19 Apr 2011, 11:03 PM
wow, I have never heard of an Udu before! Thats a cool instrument! Is there one of them in your profile picture?
No, but a close relative.

This is a Hawaiian IPU. More precise an ipu heke'ole, as opposed to an ipu heke. It is basically a hollowed out gourd with a cord attached. It's a traditional instrument to accompany the hula.

This is my old udu. It's from Africa, from Nigeria.

TimGreen
Member Avatar
that is so cool! I am glad that I am now aware of these instruments!

legendsofzelda
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I'm waiting for my focalink alto c Straw Fire!!!!!!! can't wait

Ryguy27
Member Avatar
Ryguy27
I never get to post in this topic because songbird ocarinas ship in a day or two. :(

Livin4Jesus
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
:rofl:

Currently waiting for a brown Scarab pendant ocarina! :D

Poltergeist
Member Avatar
Pink Elephant on Parade

Ryguy27
20 Apr 2011, 04:50 PM
I never get to post in this topic because songbird ocarinas ship in a day or two. :(
You might want to take advantage of some holidays. Order one now and it probably gets delayed till after Easter Monday. ;)

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

My Maparam DAC arrived tis morning :boogie:

I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when I saw the post van this morning.

Unfortunately I havent opened it yet as I was running late for work (as usual).

We have an extra long weekend here in Australia (Easter and Anzac Day) and wont be returning to work until next Wednesday

Something tells me I will be playing her all weekend :D

Ill definitely let you all know my impressions of her in the next few days.

Also, id just like to let everyone know that Kalin was absolutely awesome to deal with and id recommend him to anyone if he was to sell anything else on here. Thanks again mate

popzap
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Yay for super long weekends and congrats on getting the Double Map Kypsyd....the timing was perfect.

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

haha thanks popzap :)

As you know its been an ocarina ive wanted for a while now

Ill do my best to try and post a review soon

Enjoy the long weekend mate

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

What holiday have you guys been referring to? Everyone I know that is working, is still working normal days for as far as the eye can see.

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

Well in Australia, Anzac Day (the day we honour soldiers that have fought and soldiers that have died) is on the 25th of April. It just so happens that this year it falls in the middle of the Easter celebrations so we get Good Friday off, Monday off for Easter and Tuesday off for Anzac Day.

Work finished on Thursday and we dont go back til next Wednesday :D

geotjakra
Member Avatar
EpiCai Ocarina Maker
Those in Australia, enjoy your holidays!!

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

Ohh its Easter weekend? I always forget about religious holidays, lol. Just another Sunday 'round 'ere.

Coming in the mail tomorrow is my custom medallion. After that I have several things to look forward to:

1)my Vibram FiveFingers shoes
2)my spinthariscope (technically a geigerscope since the thorium source is detachable)
3)two samples of uranium ore: 15grams of Pitchblend and 9grams of Gummite (both for a fluorescent display behind lead glass that will decorate my mantle).

spoonyspork
Member Avatar
L'il Tooter
@KypSyd -- Lucky! Dang I could really use more than a day extra off (I do have today off). We USians really get the short end of the stick when it comes to holidays/vacations/etc. I get a whole 10 days for vacation and that's considered insanely good XD

As for Easter holiday, we also aren't religious but use the long(ish) weekend as an excuse for the family to get together. Only annoying thing is thanks to a battle between religious and anti-religious groups, Spring Break varied wildly for everyone this year and half my family are teachers and got the 'other' Spring Break. Blah. XD

@Sigurthr -- I forgot to mention about the vibrams - They might feel a bit loose when you first put them on. Your feet will stretch into them. That's how I ended up with mine - hubby got 40's, thought they were too big and got 39's, and within about a week of wearing the 39's they were too tight and fit perfectly in the 40's. The 39's were too big for me at first but also fit fine within about a week. I subsequently had to get half-size larger work shoes XD

Today in the mail I got a practice bow and crossbow set. It's for "my son" ... cough cough... I didn't get both because I wanted to play too... nope >.>

sr20det_fung
Member Avatar
Beginner Ocarinist
After the long wait for the Pacchioni ocarinas, now I'm waiting for a Hind sweet potato bass ocarina.

reikokuna
Member Avatar
Black sheep among your daily lurkers
I ordered the following recently:

2 night lights (Mushroom, and egg shaped one), a star projector lamp, a screen protector, a laptop remote control, and a fishbone shaped wire winder object.

I addressed them to the place I was staying at in a dinky town in Michigan, and totally didn't factor in shipping delays...so the stuff for my computer would need to be forwarded to my actual home base, where I am now.

--
I arrived home after being gone for around a month, and so FINALLY I was able to open my ocarina packages.
There's 6 new members to add to my collection 8-D

(2) Honest/Sincere Ocarinas
(1) Hind Tenor F
(1) Ocarinamusic F4 (Rotter)
(1) 6 hole mini G (Rotter)
(1) 11 hole souvenir ocarina from Okinawa

Sigurthr
Member Avatar

Thanks for the warning, Spoony! I suppose normal shows compress our feet a good bit, and we're used to that. I couldn't get the 38s on at all, lol, it was so small I was sure a 39 wouldn't fit either, so I'm not too worried about the 40s fitting.

Yoshi
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist
reikokuna
22 Apr 2011, 06:16 PM
I ordered the following recently:

2 night lights (Mushroom, and egg shaped one), a star projector lamp, a screen protector, a laptop remote control, and a fishbone shaped wire winder object.

I addressed them to the place I was staying at in a dinky town in Michigan, and totally didn't factor in shipping delays...so the stuff for my computer would need to be forwarded to my actual home base, where I am now.

--
I arrived home after being gone for around a month, and so FINALLY I was able to open my ocarina packages.
There's 6 new members to add to my collection 8-D

(2) Honest/Sincere Ocarinas
(1) Hind Tenor F
(1) Ocarinamusic F4 (Rotter)
(1) 6 hole mini G (Rotter)
(1) 11 hole souvenir ocarina from Okinawa
LUCKY!!!!! omg congrats on your hind and rotter :D

Member Avatar
There will be cake.
Woohoo! I am waiting for a Focalink DAC! Any word on the quality of these?

reikokuna
Member Avatar
6.6...I made a last minute order on the songbird website on Friday.

So I'm waiting for that one. xD

Sucks that they don't tell you when it's been shipped out =/

TimGreen
Member Avatar
reikokuna
2 May 2011, 04:26 AM
6.6...I made a last minute order on the songbird website on Friday.

So I'm waiting for that one. xD

Sucks that they don't tell you when it's been shipped out =/
hmmmm... I usually get an email giving me updates on the shipping, maybe its not been delivered yet or something.

reikokuna
Member Avatar
Um, yes, of course it's not been delivered yet. ^^;
I don't even know if it's been shipped yet, since they don't automatically update you if it's already gone out. I know they usually ship it right away though (since they arrive pretty fast), just that they don't send you an automatically generated email about it, nor can you check the status online via the songbird website.

This isn't the first time I've ordered from Songbird. This is the second time I've ordered from the website, and I've ordered from them via their ebay store before. I think, if anything, the only thing that gets shipping notification is the one on ebay...and even then it's not all the time, since I remember one instance in which the status on ebay was only checked as shipped weeks after it already got to me. xD

The first time I ordered from Songbird, I had quite a few questions to asked, so they called me about it and then let me know my order was going out that same day. All other instances, I just had to wait and hope they already sent it out.

Livin4Jesus
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Currently waiting for two awesome GameBoy games: Yoshi and Tetris!

Roku
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
Waiting for this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220573430992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Im always so impatient xD I want to play already!

Jhaemes
Member Avatar
wow

Roku
2 May 2011, 10:07 AM
Waiting for this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220573430992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Nice choice, is that your first Noble?

Roku
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
That's my first ocarina :)

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Roku
2 May 2011, 10:07 AM
Waiting for this:

Nice =D

Aaaah! this thread is making me jealous! I'm waiting on some money so I can:

a) Pay the deposit on my Hind Alto C
b) order my Fairy ocarina, Doggy 4 Hole and Tai Chi Pendant.

Roku
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
Yay, they shipped my ocarina to me today! :D I wonder how long can it take from Korea to Netherland? I was ordering CD's from Korea before, but now it's a big package so I guess it will take more time...
Anyway, Im super exited :jumpy:

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Congrats! Now play and become awesome! =D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ