Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Your Ocarina collection!; post pics of your ocarina(s) here
Topic Started: 5 May 2008, 01:37 PM (51,225 Views)
Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Post pictures of your ocarina(s) here!

Spoiler: click to toggle

So this is my current collection. Allthough I have added my sisters plastic ocarina, which I gave her for her birthday. And the Songbird Wishbone since that's technically not an ocarina. So I have 5 ocs :music:

Please put images over 500 pixel wide in spoiler tags.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
The Multi-Talented Ocarinist!
These are mine, my Maparam Triple is on the way! Woot!
Posted Image

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Nice ocarinas Zaff!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your triple ocarina :D

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

I will post my Ocarina collection tomorrow as an edit to this post!
I have(in order i got them)...
Songbird Alto Pendant
WPN Tenor/Alto C
Mountain Ocarina in G
WPN Soprano C
Sonbird Soprano Pendant
and surprisingly enough I have only paid for one of those Ocarinas :) I started playing at the right time that I was able to get the rest as Christmas or Birthday presents from Family AND Mr.Songbird(which was really cool!)

Turbo852
Member Avatar

I have only one, but I like it. My Night Alto C.

Mavari
Member Avatar
Giving It A Swing
I'll edit this post with my ocarina later today, but wow Turbo. I don't know why exactly, but that has become my instant 3rd favourite ocarina. Does Night have a website? I think it sounds wonderful how you play it, I just hope Night isn't Japan exclusive.

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
Myung
May 7 2008, 03:30 AM
Nice ocarinas Zaff!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your triple ocarina :D

Thank you ^.^ I loves my ocarinas, keep dem nice and safes. *nods*

I can't wait for my triple, its gonna be fresh out of the kiln! :boogie:

But the wait is torture >.<

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
This wait is torture too, my first and only ocarina is in the mail. :unsure:

Will update this post when I get it! Should be today or tomorrow! Ahhhhhh I can't wait. :music:

[edit] Oh yes, my parents had a fit when I finally told them how much I paid for it. Hey, it's a quality hand made instrument!

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
I'm sure loads of you guys have already seen him on OU but here he is- Boobo!
Customised STL 12H Tenor C :)
Also if anyone's interested in a how-to thread on ocarina decorating/customisation, I'd be happy to add my method :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
Posted Image

That's all I have right now - got it at a Renaissance fair. I should be able to order a new one within the month.

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
Cute ocarina Skip ^.^

Oh, that would be cool Deep! Please do ^.^

Deleted User
Deleted User

ZaffiroRubino
May 17 2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, that would be cool Deep! Please do ^.^

Yush, I second that.

And call the topic "Pimp My Oc" lmao
Quote Post Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Picture of my baby are here!

Due to its awesomely amazing coloring, it's difficult to capture what it looks like under any light, natural or artificial. So I've tried my best. This will likely by my only ocarina. :D

Beautiful! :lol:

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
*DROOOOOOOOL* purdy purdy ocarina O_O

Why is this prolly gonna be your only one, if I may ask?

We are the Oc.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Hahaha! Ze Borg! Oh I love Star Trek.

I d'no, I just rather like the idea of having one ocarina and braving the world with it by my side. I'm a romantic. :D

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Hind Hind Hind Hind Hind!!!!

Will do on the Pimp my oc thread!!! :)
'i am dyslexic of Borg. Your a*s*s will be laminated. Resistance is futile"

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
Huh, that Hind is beautiful. Also, it's a lot bigger than I imagined.

Now, hold that Ocarina up besides you face so we can see it better. :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

I took a quick snap of them all after photographing my latest.

Jugarina by Old Glory: Recommend, if you can find it. Low intimate sound great for indoors or campfires.
Susato Plastics Papageno and Nightingale: Durable. A decently sturdy plastic. Best for children.
Songstone: Too responsive for it's own good. I recommend to master players who want portability in playing outdoors.
Songbird Soprano: Great quality sound in a small package. I recommend for casual play anywhere.
STL 12 hole: Adaquate. Airy high notes gives it about the same range as a pendant.
Good for those who MUST have a 12 hole for no apparent reason.
STL 9 hole: The large vessel volume makes this one of the best sounds for Zelda songs. Easy to play and has no real faults.
Cabrera Turdle: A solid piece of ceramic craftsmanship, but the even sized holes in the Peruvian design makes hard to play.
Fair Trade Owl: Ornament only. Sounds horrible.
Quote Post Goto Top

tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
didnt u have a tenor songbird ocarina moonsyne?

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Beautiful collection! What is the reddish brown one in the upper right hand corner?

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
shadowyi
May 20 2008, 05:15 AM
Beautiful collection! What is the reddish brown one in the upper right hand corner?

That's an STL 9 hole Zelda.

Nice collection Moonsyne! Jugarina FTW :wub:

Also luv the owl, and is the one in the bottom right a turtle???

I should make a new pic too btw...My Focarinas arrived today :boogie:

Deleted User
Deleted User

tuneofwind
May 19 2008, 06:53 PM
didnt u have a tenor songbird ocarina moonsyne?

Yup, but I gave it away ... just like my mountain.
Quote Post Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
With my package from Focalink having arrived today, I took a shitload of pictures for the photo directory, that I still need to upload though. So I also took a snapshot of the family!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'd like a sound sampling comparison video of the long neck pendants.
Quote Post Goto Top

flip
Member Avatar
"the switch"
Oh!!!! Do a review of the focalink pendants! I wanted them for a looooong time!

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I can see where they got the shape idea for the "Enigma" model :lol:

Hmm, it's very difficult for me to get a photo of ALL my ocarinas together, since I have two homes. During weekdays, I'm at my University campus home, so I like to keep my favourite ocarinas for playing here. Here's a quick snapshot I just took now of the ocarinas that I have with me at this very moment in my University campus home (I keep them all in the top drawer of my desk :lol: All in their cases):

I guess it's hard to remember every ocarina you have with these numbers :XD:
(I forgot two ocarinas.. how sad :cry: )

Woodsound AC: My "no worries" carry-around ocarina, since its made of wood and not prone to breakage. The tone is very mellow and smooth, even more so than my clay ocarinas. The warm tone of this ocarina is addictive!

SC from Hao Lun Hsu: This was a gift to me from Hao Lun Hsu :) Haven't made a video with it yet (busy :( ), but it is quite a loud ocarina, designed for outdoor performances (Hao Lun Hsu does a lot of this).

Maparam Triple: This ocarina is my pride and joy! When I first watched Willy's Hungarian Dance video using the Maparam triple, I fell in love with it. Owningthis ocarina is literally a dream come true for me!

Focalink Double SG: This is the newer model Double SG. I keep the older model at my weekend home. That way, I save myself the trouble of having to carry it around, since I have one at each house :lol: Clever!! The Focalink Double SG is also personal favourite! It is very well suited to my style of playing and my preference of high notes.

Maparam SC: I got this one with the Triple ocarina to replace the WPN SC that I broke :( The sound is very clear, and you have to blow a bit gently to make the notes sound sweet. I daresay this ocarina is perhaps the one with the smallest holes ever!

WPN SF: This one is perhaps my least favourite out of this bunch, but it is the only ocarina tuned in F that I have. It's a bit outshone by the others in this crowd, but I am attached to it as one of my earliest purchases, and appreciate its unique tone. It's also the only blue one - so if I ever want to pretend to be Link :link: I'll use this one :lol:

Maparam AC: This one is perhaps the ocarina that I am most comfortable with. It is very comfortable to hold and to control the tone. It is my default, balanced ocarina, and my first Maparam purchase. The tone and breath characteristics of this ocarina allows me to be very expressive.
----

*Focalink double SG (old model). I keep this one at my weekend home to practice my Soprano G songs. When I go back home in the weekends, I will always have a Double SG ocarina at least. The Double SG (old model) is also an ocarina that I find very comfortable to use.

*Schwarz AC. It was my first clay ocarina.
I had some good times with that old buddy :) It was my sole ocarina for a long time at the beginning. But it soon became outshadowed by newer ocarinas that sounded much better, and required less breath. It now hangs on the wall as decoration.

*Blue pendant. Doesn't seem to play in tune. Another ornament for my wall :mellow:

My Mountain ocarina in G
I don't use it that often, because the tone doesn't really appeal to me compared to transverse ocarinas. It's still fun to play every now and again, I just leave it lying on my desk at weekend home.

My Focalink 4-hole fish ocarina
I keep this one at my weekend home, because Pendant ocarinas is not my specialty :lol: I just like playing a few songs on this one occasionally. It was a gift from afriend who went on a holiday to Beijing.

WPN SC
This one broke, and I fixed it with glue. I really love this ocarina. If I recommend any product from STL at all, I would recommend this WPN SC. The tone is quite good, it is comfortable to the hands and is well designed. Good value for its price. After gluing together, the low notes are a bit out of tune. I keep this one hung on my wall as decoration, since I have 2 other SC ocarinas anyway.

More?
Well I have two cheapo Peruvian ocarinas that I bought from a souvenir shop. I knew they would be bad, but they were dirt cheap, and I bought it to decorate my room. To further prove the world what an ocarina addict I am :lol:

I also have this very sad attempt at making my own ocarina.. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. It's not really an "ocarina", because it doesn't even make a sound -_- I think I'll stick to buying ocarinas made by experts :lol:

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Hehe wonderful collection kissing! You should buy a cabinet specially for them and showcase them in a video like Mr. Kokor. :D

Mikael
Member Avatar

Wow Sam! You're making your own ocarina? :lol:

I'd like to see how that turns out :ocarina:

Now give me your ocarina collection :devil:

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Wow... Sam your University collection is bigger than my totaly collection, but soon I will have one or two more Ocs! :)

SaippuakauppiaS
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
Just got the first one today!

Posted Image

Its Plaschke Alto-C.

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
Hey, congrats on the ocarina SaipiipuakauppiaS.

And Kissing: Awesome collection. I must raid you university home sometime soon. :ph43r:

Bah, I need to buy more ocarinas.

Perhaps I'll upload my collection soon.

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

I'd like to see your entire collection Immortal

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
Wow.... pointy ocarina o3o. Nice collections guys :D

Not really much to say besides.... I agree with Immortal, I need to get another ocarina too! XD Maybe a Hind like Shadow's or a Jugarina like Moon has. Wonderful collections!

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
^ Has your double come yet? :boogie:

Mikael
Member Avatar

I'm waiting a bit before I post my collection. I still have 4 Anita Feng ocarinas being abused by the customs! And I've ordered the Maparam Double AC. When all of those arrive I think I'll snap a photo. :D

ZaffiroRubino
Member Avatar
shadowyi
May 22 2008, 06:25 AM
^ Has your double come yet? :boogie:

I'm still waiting for my triple :unsure:

I hope it gets here soon, its been two weeks now.... *is like some strange narator for a stranded island story* :huh: Um.... :blink:

Other than that, i'm still waiting, and I hope I get it soon XD I will be a happy Zaff when it comes! :boogie: :triple:

Deleted User
Deleted User

ZaffiroRubino
May 23 2008, 05:16 AM
I hope it gets here soon, its been two weeks now.... *is like some strange narator for a stranded island story* :huh: Um.... :blink:

Really?

It's pretty strange that it takes so long... >__>
Quote Post Goto Top

SkipSandwich
Member Avatar
Small recovery, increased speed
Yeah....it's almost like someone...kinda like me, or, you know, someone else...could have possibly intercepted it in deliver and is, I dunno, planning on holding it for ransom or something like that...

...I mean, you know, that's just what it reminds me of.

tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
BEHOLD!!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd187/r...4/IMG_0145s.jpg

EDIT: My picture is huge. Just click the link

NOW HYPER NEON PICTURE OF MY COLLECTION!

ModEdit: Please don't post pictures that stretch the boards

ImmortalOffspring
Member Avatar
One with the floor
That homemade paper Ocarina is made of paper and win.

tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Quote:

:rofl: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao:

nice homemade clay ocarina lol, did u fired it up? if not you should put it in water and remake it :D.

That peruvian is TINY :fly:

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I just air-dried it :lol:

It's not really an ocarina, and I really don't have any hopes of making a playable ocarina any time soon :XD: I'm very happy with buying ocarinas :lol:

The peruvian is indeed tiny. It does have 6 tiny tiny holes, but its very impractical to play notes on it. It does make a nice loud whistle when you blow into it. It caught my eye in a souvenir shop. The bigger one does play a few notes, and does make a sound... but I never play it - wall decoration. In fact, the only one I play songs on out of that pile is the Focalink. The rest usually hang on the wall. The WPN Soprano C is quite nice, but its broken (repaired with glue..some notes out of tune now), and I have two other Soprano C's, so I'm happy to let it hang there looking pretty.

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

I should take a pic of my whole collection, but I'm not at home right now >.< I have 5 ocarinas now, though really only 2 are playable, the others sound bad/have too few holes.

Pandaman
Member Avatar
part panda, part mudkip, all me

Whoa! Myung, how many ocarinas did you order from focalink? You just about tripled your collection xD They look awesome though! I'd really love an alto c double or triple. I just love the lower mellow tones ^^ Does anyone know if they're a bass double or triple anywhere? That'd be great for tenor/alto lovers like me! Here's a pic of my collection:

(The pic's a little blurry I know)
From the top, going clockwise:
My STL 12 hole WPN tenor C, my STL 6 hole plastic soprano C, my 2 hole disney ocarina (got it when I was 3 or something xD), my 8 hole peruvian ocarina form Peru (looks awesome, especially the shape, but doesn't sound very good), and my latest addition, my Llamacarina from the dutch "wereldwinkel" that my gf found by pure coincidence. It's a 6 hole peruvian style, sounds horrible, and you blow up his a*s*s.

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Even though you say it sounds terrible, I LOVE that Peuvian! It looks like a Romulan Warbird, or a Thunderbird, or a manta ray...the shape and design is fab to behold! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ