Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mistake in Identity; Funny stories about what people thought your ocarina was.
Topic Started: 2 Nov 2012, 02:57 AM (819 Views)
HydraOcarinaV2
Member Avatar
Novice Pendant Player

I don't know if there is a place for something like this but I thought I'd put one up. Basically this topic is to discuss experiences in which people couldn't identify your instrument. For example I went to Laughland on a vacation and I brought a songbird wing ocarina. I was looking through a fancy car show when the curator asks me what I had around my neck. I told him that it was an instrument called an Ocarina and he replied that he thought it was a crack pipe. :rofl:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fred
Member Avatar
Serial Ocarina Philanderer
lmao never had that happen to me before :P

the section this is put in is fine it is about ocarinas :p

Fallon
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
@Hydra- Thank you. I just laughed SO hard. Ahhh... that was the best.

melodican
Member Avatar
Behold! 'Tis the flute of my people!

Oh boy, I've got one... When I put up a photo of me holding up my Menaglio Do 3, the first comment I got asked what was up with the mutant carrot. XD Other than that, people have mostly said things like "fife", "piccolo", "Zelda thing"... Those I can deal with, usually.

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger

I was wearing a pendant once and was asked if it were a pencil sharpener.

angiessa
Member Avatar
Cartoon'd ocarinist
Jubal
2 Nov 2012, 03:49 AM
I was wearing a pendant once and was asked if it were a pencil sharpener.
LOL! I could almost see that with a Mountain poly... ;)

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
I was dressed as Sheik at a Halloween party at my church a few years ago, and pulled a plastic oc out of my collar (didn't have any pockets ;) ), and a guy was like "Holy crap, did you just pull a fish out of your shirt?!" :P

A lady at my church thought my dolce DAC was pan pipes :facehoof:

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

LOL! A fish? Oh gosh, that made me laugh! xD

Lord Seg
Member Avatar
Resident Lurker, Future Overlord
Let's see... 1980-90's dance name: Check, Drug using device: Check, That thing from Zelda: Check, Pokeflute: :facepalm: Check. That's about it except when I showed a pic of one, Kalasinar 12AC, to a group of people I played an online game with they thought it was an "adult toy" -_-
Edited by Lord Seg, 2 Nov 2012, 06:19 AM.

aniki91344
Member Avatar
up up down down left right left right B A start
Yep, I had my plastic oc on me during an anime convention. When I was walking into a concert there, they were making people empty their pockets and walk through metal detectors. Upon finding my oc, they were about to confiscate it thinking it was a bong of some sort, and I had to play a few songs for them to believe otherwise, lol.
Edited by aniki91344, 2 Nov 2012, 06:07 AM.

Fred
Member Avatar
lmao xD a bong? hahaha

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Lord Seg
2 Nov 2012, 05:31 AM
Let's see... 1980-90's dance name: Check, Drug using device: Check, That thing from Zelda: Check, Pokeflute: :facepalm: Check. That's about it except when I showed a pic of one, Kalasinar 12AC, to a group of people I played an online game with they thought it was an "adult toy" -_-
*psst* just to fix a bit lord seg, Kalasinar doesn't make 12 hole AC's :3
She'll be selling 11 holes when they're released.
As you were ;)

Lord Seg
Member Avatar
Resident Lurker, Future Overlord
Oops, I was looking at the ivy one she made and thought that a circle in the vine was another hole -.-;
Spoiler: click to toggle

Allochii
Member Avatar
Still learning...
I once heard someone mention being asked if his Muse was a wooden banana. Other than that, no, except my dad can't pronounce it and just calls it a toot toot.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

I read somewhere on TON, they had bought an ocarina from someone, and from the smell they could easily tell it WAS used as a bong.

HydraOcarinaV2
Member Avatar
Novice Pendant Player

Another incident happened in San Francisco. I was visiting a Maritime Museum's gift shop. There were displays of submarines models and other things. I get pulled over by a veteran who asks what I was doing. I had no clue what he was talking about. He points to my pocket which had the top of an OOT sticking out. I pulled out my OOT and he asks if I thought I could get away with stealing a submarine. I had to play a few songs before finally convincing the guy it wasn't a submarine and I wasn't stealing it.

capetoide
Member Avatar
Super Saiyan Tweety
my teacher looked at my sc plastic and though it was some sort of toy pistol... (btw i'm 22 XD)

TheYusumi
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
Lord Seg
2 Nov 2012, 05:31 AM
haha, one of my friend's though my pendant oc (which I was wearing at the time) was some sort of adult toy too. I then had to point out why on earth I would go galavanting about with something like that dangling from my neck.

RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

People often tell me that my Gosselink BC looks like a shell. I've probably had 15 people ask me if I was playing a seashell.
RJ

redwater357
Member Avatar
Maker of the duct-tape Hylian Shield.
Everytime I'm asked what the LoZ ocarina around my neck is, I respond that it is an ocarina.
Everytime I say that, the responce is invariably "the dance?"

Fred
Member Avatar
hmm my girlfriend refers to the ocarina as a pan flute xD

Posted Image
Posted Image

SuperBobKing
Member Avatar
Quadruple Ocarinist
I have most definitely been asked if it was a bong, it is has been called "The-Dance-that-must-not-be-named".

ocarinaguru3
Member Avatar
Made me who I am
I've had people accuse me of carrying around a bong lol in their defense the teardrop can be a little misleading XD

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
One of the members in my ocarina guild says she was once asked if the pink plastic Focalink she was wearing was some sort of hair dryer.

Firetortoise
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
My dad thought my double was a bicycle seat, someone thought it was a wooden heart.

Music Forever
Member Avatar
Look on the bright side.
I've gotten bong, and one of the most popular is alien gun. Haha.

Winged Messenger
Member Avatar
The player of everything but brass.
Oh goodness I just remembered one... the first time I showed a 12 hole transverse to my best friend, she thought it was a blow dryer! :?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ