Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Around the World in 80 Days (or more)
Topic Started: 3 Aug 2012, 05:14 AM (58,709 Views)
Gyzyn
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 4
@Achint

I hope that you things are going to get better for you. As you probably can imagine I went through some problems with my familly as well. I respect the fact that you had the courage to share your personal problems in public.The worst thing is the widespread prejudice. A lot of folks will assume you're a spoiled, ungrateful brat and that the parents are always the victims.
Edited by Gyzyn, 7 May 2015, 03:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

I'm sorry to hear about your bad situation, Achint. :C I can't even begin to imagine how that must be like. I really do hope things will get better for you and your mom.

Well, I still think that it's pretty amazing that the ocarina is still in one piece (more or less) even after all this time.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Thanks Pawel, Suki.

Things are getting much better :)

The Rosskonian
Member Avatar
You can call me Ross
Hey Achint, it's good to see you again. Sorry to hear of the bad news, but on the bright side, it sounds like things are starting to get better on your end.

I just double checked and I still do have the backups of the USB drive before I sent it off to Stephen.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

The Rosskonian
21 May 2015, 06:43 PM

I just double checked and I still do have the backups of the USB drive before I sent it off to Stephen.
Yay ! !

teddeler
Member Avatar
wonderland commuter
The Rosskonian
21 May 2015, 06:43 PM
Huzzah ! !

Dimitri
Member Avatar
Help me, I'm bored.
Hooray!! Perhaps we can manage to finish this by the end of the year.
But... Then what would we do?

You know, at this rate perhaps we should rename it to "Around the World in 80 Years".

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Hey guys. I'm going to my dads house tonight and will get the ocarina back. Once my paycheck comes in I'll have it shipped off to Roger. Unless he instructs me otherwise to send it to someone else in Australia or whatever.

Roger, your call.

And hey Ross :) Good to see you again too!

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Wha-hey! Good to see this with some development ^_^

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

It's with me now :)

Roger has instructed me to send it back to him so that's what I'll be doing. Just waiting on my paycheck to come in.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Achint
25 May 2015, 01:18 PM
It's with me now :)

Roger has instructed me to send it back to him so that's what I'll be doing. Just waiting on my paycheck to come in.
Woooooohoooooo! That's great news!

Dimitri
Member Avatar
Help me, I'm bored.
This is amazing news! We could actually do this!
Perhaps it's about time to start putting together a list of where it's already been.

RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

I have heard from Achint twice now concerning this ocarina. He now has it in his possession, and said that he will be mailing it soon. It looks like I was completely wrong about his integrity. I am very sorry for anything I have said that made him look bad. I want to thank everyone who participated in this event, and hope to have a video up for all to see in a couple of months.
RJ

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

So what's the latest on this? Where's the ocarina now?

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
I believe Roger said that he received it from Achint. I guess he decided to retire the ocarina from its travels.

Melanie Andrea
Member Avatar
ocarina maker
Hello. Is there any chance to continue the journey of the ocarina?

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Melanie Andrea
25 May 2016, 09:13 PM
Hello. Is there any chance to continue the journey of the ocarina?
You'd have to ask Roger Jewell how he feels about that. He doesn't visit TON that often but you can find him on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/jewellsinthedr?fref=ts

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

I've been thinking of possibly getting an ocarina to go on this world tour. If I do, it'll be October in which it happens.

Vendace
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
That would be pretty neat to see this start up again.

ContraMuffin
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
Grimat
26 May 2016, 01:21 AM
I've been thinking of possibly getting an ocarina to go on this world tour. If I do, it'll be October in which it happens.

Vendace
26 May 2016, 02:06 AM
That would be pretty neat to see this start up again.

The idea is pretty novel and pretty interesting. It would work and be pretty fun, in theory. The main issue is that there is a difference between "theory" and "practice," and sometimes that difference can be very profound, as can be seen in this case. In theory the ocarina would go around the world and everyone would be happy. In practice one must account for travel times and life getting in the way of a member's being able to participate, effectively cutting off the trip - as is what happened here. The more complex something is the more likely it will be to fail. That is why, if you want to do an Around the World event, I suggest that you have only a couple people participating, and a backup plan should something go wrong.

Sillademadera
Member Avatar
Beginner
Wow, that's a good idea.
żAre you do it?
I like to much participate in this "event"
I would like see videos from the travel of this ocarina!

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Sillademadera
27 Dec 2016, 11:32 PM
Wow, that's a good idea.
żAre you do it?
I like to much participate in this "event"
I would like see videos from the travel of this ocarina!
From what I understand the original plan was for members to record videos and download them to a USB flash drive that accompanied the traveling ocarina. That flash drive disappeared somewhere on its journey and I don't think anybody managed to upload any videos to youtube. So there are no recordings. The ocarina itself was accidentally smashed but was repaired by Spoonyspork and then sent out again where it spent several months in a holding pattern until it eventually found its way back home to RJ924, the originator of the Around the World in 80 Days project.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Maybe the next one needs a Critter Cam and a LoJack :-)

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Yeah, I'd like to see this resurrected.

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Looks like that has already been in the works Pori
http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/10094464/1/#new

cheesewizz
Member Avatar
Resident Fashion Designer
Sure, I'll do it. Coral Springs, FL

Kae
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Cheesewizz this is the old thread. If you're looking to participate you need to go to the new thread.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ