Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Around the World in 80 Days (or more)
Topic Started: 3 Aug 2012, 05:14 AM (58,385 Views)
RJ924
Member Avatar
My ocarina has no hair...either

The Official World Class Ocarina Thread! (no it doesn't have to make the journey in 80 days) :D

Okay, here we go guys! Ocarinadiva has the ocarina right now. She is going to be the first to play, record, photo, then send our little ocarina on it's journey. Below is the list of participants that we have so far, and the proposed journey of our little ocarina. I sure hope it will make it's journey without trouble, and arrive at it's final destination unharmed and full of signatures.

(The person in bold has the Ocarina)

List of Participants:
Ocarinadiva - Allen, TX USA
Andrewdp - Texas
craftymadeleine - Sherman, TX USA
Suki - South Texas
Roxas1154 - El Paso, TX - USA
C J Ocarinas - Arkansas USA
melodican - Idaho, USA
angiessa - Orange City, Iowa, USA
UnicornWarrior - Illinois USA
spoonyspork - Tampa, FL USA
mud_man_peter - Orlando, FL - inactive
Dreambirthocarinas - North Carolina USA
Sora - Boston, MA USA
ketonquot - New Kensington, PA
Mark Chan - Baltimore, MD
Pinkreflection - Philadelphia, PA USA - inactive
handoverthetea - Ohio USA - inactive
PrinceofHyrule - Bakersfield, California USA - inactive
Teddeler and Lady Baronmore - Utah, USA
Rossko - Sacramento, California USA
Stephen Bobchin - Okinawa, Japan
Achint
Cambell - Australind, Australia
Brendoge - Australia
Kissing - Melbourne, Australia
Philip - Australia
Geotjakra - Indonesia
Endalion - Finland
Ravenfeather - Germany
Ok4me - Germany
Moondremir - Hoorn, Netherlands
Elven Spellmaker? - UK
Hellcat - South Shropshire, England, UK
possibly - Jack Campin - UK
Robert Hickman - Bristol Area - UK
Rallion - London, England, UK
Nephiel - Madrid, Spain
Miguel - Obidos, Portugal
RockaholicLuke - Uberlândia, Minas Gerais, Brazil - inactive
Dullahan - Bogota, Colombia
mrnotaboy - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada
Jill theredhedgehog - Ontario, Canada
cainmaster7 - Orillia, Ontario, Canada
MiniYabber - Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Kelfox - Alberta, Canada
Gnomeish - Vancouver, Canada
ZapperHT - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Pat Anderson - Washington state
bamadude313 - Alabama
cheesewizz - South Florida
RJ924 - Fort Pierce, FL - USA

Just as a reminder, here is what you will be doing:

1. You receive the ocarina in the mail.
2. Verify that it is not broken (play it if you like), and let us know that you have received it.
3. Record (audio, or audio and video if you can keep the file size relatively small) something with it and put it on the usb drive that will be in the box with the ocarina.
4. Take a picture of you with the ocarina (with whatever/whoever else you want in the picture)
5. Post picture in THIS thread. Note: You can also post a video (with the ocarina) on youtube if you like. It's up to you since it is your video.
6. Pack up the ocarina and the usb drive (in same box with the same packing materials if you like) and mail it to the next person on the list (the list will be in the new thread that I start in a day or two.
Note: You will need to pm or email the next person on the list to get their mailing address.
Note: Please verify that you have placed both the ocarina and the usb drive in the box to be shipped (it would be easy to forget the usb drive in your computer or on a desk).
Last note (for now anyway): If you would rather put your picture, video or audio somewhere online, that is fine. Just please make sure the rest of us have access to this, since we are dying to see where you live and what you do with our little friend.

Now, go break a leg.............not the ocarina (hahaha!) :D

RJ
Edited by RJ924, 15 Nov 2014, 10:59 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pinkreflection
Member Avatar
Aspiring Artist and Ocarinist/Clarinetist
Ooooh so very exciting! I can't wait to hear everyone's recordings! <3

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

I will also very much enjoy watching the process as well! Have fun you guys! :D

UnicornWarrior
Member Avatar
A Lurker
Sooo we sign it as our real name or our TON name? it'll be obvious which one was me either way, hehe, but i have to ask.

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

I hope she has a great journey :) Im looking forward to seeing her

Arent we just initialing it? There is no chance we can fit that many signatures on an ocarina
Edited by Philip, 3 Aug 2012, 06:04 AM.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I'm sad that Suki isn't on it :(

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

Awesome!! So happy to see this up and running :D

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

RJ924
3 Aug 2012, 05:14 AM
Kissing - Melbourne, Australia
Cambell - Australind, Australia
Sora - London, England UK
Elven Spellmaker? - UK
Oh Sam. I get to "kiss" you again.

Last time I tried an Ocarina that Sam had played he said that we had kissed. O.o

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Good luck on your journey, you little oc.

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

Seeing as this involves the community at large, I will be moving this into the Announcements section and will sticky it for the duration of the time it is active.

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

@Kissing: Yeah, I'll admit I am a little sad that I am not going to be a part of this. :(

Wow. I even had a dream that I was playing this ocarina and about to sign it. :O (2nd offical ocarina dream this month... what is going on??? Jk)

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

Suki
3 Aug 2012, 08:14 PM
@Kissing: Yeah, I'll admit I am a little sad that I am not going to be a part of this. :(

Wow. I even had a dream that I was playing this ocarina and about to sign it. :O (2nd offical ocarina dream this month... what is going on??? Jk)
Why aren't you participating Suki? (Also where have you been recently, you've not been on IRC.)

Also, I used to get dreams about me breaking my Forte Triple in many glorious ways all the time, they have stopped recently.

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Elven Spellmaker
3 Aug 2012, 08:18 PM
Suki
3 Aug 2012, 08:14 PM

Why aren't you participating Suki? (Also where have you been recently, you've not been on IRC.)

Also, I used to get dreams about me breaking my Forte Triple in many glorious ways all the time, they have stopped recently.
I had changed my mind because I had felt uncomfortable. Several reasons actually. I felt a little weird about sharing an oc (even though I seem to be changing my mind about that) and afraid of breaking the ocarina (cuz I can be a clutz like that). But I'll admit I feel a little silly backing out of it because this is such a once in a lifetime sorta thing.

pinkreflection
Member Avatar
Aspiring Artist and Ocarinist/Clarinetist
You should do it, Suki. There are always precautions you can take to make sure you don't get sick or anything, though I don't think that'd happen anyways. You wouldn't want to be regretful afterwards. =]

fermataheart
Member Avatar
"High and Mighty"
Suki
3 Aug 2012, 08:44 PM
I had changed my mind because I had felt uncomfortable. Several reasons actually. I felt a little weird about sharing an oc (even though I seem to be changing my mind about that) and afraid of breaking the ocarina (cuz I can be a clutz like that). But I'll admit I feel a little silly backing out of it because this is such a once in a lifetime sorta thing.
I know DX

I have a silly reason for not participating either. Heck maybe I can use a P.O. Box or something... but only the person before and after would know my location (over protective parents >.<).

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Is it to late to change my mind? I'll have to wait till RJ sees this. I don't want to be a big hassle because of my back anf forthness. If I can't I completely understand.

RJ924
Member Avatar

You're on the list Suki. Don't worry about the difficulty in making up your mind. We all do it sometime or another.

@ocarinadiva - Also, I think craftymadeleine lives close to ocarinadive, so please feel free to send/take it to her, then she can send it off to Roxass1154.

RJ

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

Huzzah! :D Thanks RJ!

I do wonder if this is some sort of world record and could it perhapes be documented in the world record book?

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

I just edited your post RJ.

If we keep the name of the current person with the Ocarina in bold it makes it easier to track how far down it has been. :3

(Perhaps if we strikethrough the ones who have already had it as well...)

:jumpy:

craftymadeleine
Member Avatar
waster of money on pretty ocarinas
@RJ924 I went to her Ocarina guild last weekend actually. If the next meeting is soon, that might be faster (and a little safer for the oc.)

fermataheart
Member Avatar
"High and Mighty"
craftymadeleine
4 Aug 2012, 12:41 AM
@RJ924 I went to her Ocarina guild last weekend actually. If the next meeting is soon, that might be faster (and a little safer for the oc.)
Y'know for all of us in the area, we could do it like that. I'm also close enough to her to visit the guild.

melodican
Member Avatar
Behold! 'Tis the flute of my people!

I'm wondering whether this would be a record too. I've never seen it done with an ocarina, certainly!

It's a privilege to make history with all of you. :)

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

@craftymadeline and fermataheart
The next meet up for the DFW guild will probably be on August 25. I have an ocarina panel the next day (Sunday) at Animefest in Dallas, but Saturday should be fine for the ocarina meet up.

I don't want to hold up the group by waiting that long (since there are so many other people that are waiting for their turn), but it does seem like it would be a shame for us not to get together and try to play something since the three of us are musically inclined and play other instruments. Maybe it would be okay for us to take a little longer to get together since it will save the time of mailing it two extra times by crossing three names off the list at the same time? The meet up spot has the advantage of being in a public place, so nobody would need to know either of your addresses. After we record something together and sign it, I could then just go ahead and mail it to Roxass1154 or Suki.

What do you think, RJ? If you'd like me to record separately this weekend and send it on its way to craftymadeline, I'm happy to do that too. :)

Edited by Ocarinadiva, 4 Aug 2012, 07:48 AM.

fermataheart
Member Avatar
"High and Mighty"
melodican
4 Aug 2012, 04:44 AM
It's a privilege to make history with all of you. :)

Quote:

I don't want to hold up the group by waiting that long (since there are so many other people that are waiting for their turn), but it does seem like it would be a shame for us not to get together and try to play something since the three of us are musically inclined and play other instruments. Maybe it would be okay for us to take a little longer to get together since it will save the time of mailing it two extra times by crossing three names off the list at the same time?

I agree, that would be awesome if RJ would okay it.

Suki
Member Avatar
Haaaaaaaiiiiiii! ^_^

@ Fermataheart: XD XD XD Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that!!!

@ Cris: I certainly don't mind waiting. :) That of course is RJ's call though.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

So uhh.. Suki's in again?

Yay! :jumpy:

melodican
Member Avatar

My, I do believe the meme that aptly describes fermataheart's impression of my prior post is "Like a Sir"? *sips a cup of Earl Grey*

cainmaster7
Member Avatar
Dark Lord of Chaos, Suffering, and Ice Cream
This is an amazing idea, although I do hope that the poor ocarina doesn't get abused too much during transportation. I would love to do this (I pm'ed RJ already), and am really looking forward to seeing all the photos!
Edited by cainmaster7, 4 Aug 2012, 08:16 PM.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

In a voice mimicing a 7-year old.

"Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"

melodican
Member Avatar

So, if I understand, I'll probably have it sent my way sometime in September?

Robert Hickman
Member Avatar
Ocarina maker

Cool idea, have fun everyone!

Feel free to add me if you like, also in the UK (bristol area).

RJ924
Member Avatar

@Elven - I think that is a great idea of putting the person's name in bold, and of crossing out the names as we go. Let's do that.

@Ocarinadiva - I think it will be fine to hang onto it until your meetup so that everyone can do it at the same time. It should be an interesting kick-off. I don't think we will really lose that much time when we consider the time it would take to do everything with the ocarina and get it shipped off to those people involved.

I have added cainmaster7's name to the list. The more the merrier! :D
I am sorry about not updating things quicker right now. I am traveling down to Florida where I will be leaving for home (Dominican Republic) on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal next week.
Roger
I've added Robert Hickman to the list. :)
Edited by RJ924, 5 Aug 2012, 01:10 AM.

spoonyspork
Member Avatar
L'il Tooter
ha, RJ -- how long and where in Florida? :)

Althaltallik
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I wish to be added.... :3
I;m in Southern Arkansas ^^
My nam eis Anna Matheson

RJ924
Member Avatar

@Spoons - We just arrived in Florida today. We are in the Fort Pierce/St. Lucie area. We are flying home on Tuesday morning (leaving before sun-up). Yippie!! :D

RJ
@ Althaltallik - You're on the list, and welcome aboard! :)

RJ
Edited by RJ924, 6 Aug 2012, 04:23 AM.

mud_man_peter
Member Avatar
Tubarina Player
I would say that we should have a florida ocarina party while you're here, but I work all this week lol. And working in a theme park means I just want to get home and sleep.

RJ924
Member Avatar

@Ocarinadiva - Could you possibly post a "before" picture of the ocarina. It might be nice to have since we will have plenty of "after" pictures of it. It's just a thought.
RJ

PrinceOfHyrule
Member Avatar
Peaceful Warrior
Is there going to be a way for us to clean the ocarina before and after we play it? We don't want everyone getting sick and all. That would be kinda bad... :c

CJ ocarinas
Member Avatar
Made of earth, Formed with water, Kilned in fire, and Sings with air

Can I get in on this for arkansas?

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

There really isn't a huge danger of getting sick from the ocarina, but a simple alcohol wipe around the mouthpiece should suffice c:

Can't wait for this to get to me! :D

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

Woooow, I was away for some days and when I come back this is going on!??! Can I join? Pretty please with sugar on top?? :D:D I can be you Spanish speaking country designee. :D

RockaholicLuke
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
Guys, I just received some bad news from work and unfortunately I won't be able to participate in this anymore T_T.

I'm getting a salary cut and so I'm starting to cut some expenses and sadly I won't be able to afford the money I would have to spend on the international posting... I really wanted to participate in this! This is really unfortunate...

Please remove my name from the list... I look forward to following the ocarina's progress and envying everybody for participating =P.

Nevermind that, something worked out and I'm still in! c:
Edited by RockaholicLuke, 9 Aug 2012, 07:16 PM.

RJ924
Member Avatar

Okay guys, I made it home, and just had my internet/phone service turned back on.

I've added handoverthetea (per pm request), CJ Ocarinas and Dullahan to the list...........and have kept RockaholicLuke on there as well. :)

I'm really looking forward to the ocarina send off after Cris' ocarina meet-up. It won't be long now! :D

RJ

CJ ocarinas
Member Avatar
Made of earth, Formed with water, Kilned in fire, and Sings with air

Awesome:) thanks

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

RJ924
6 Aug 2012, 12:25 PM
@Ocarinadiva - Could you possibly post a "before" picture of the ocarina. It might be nice to have since we will have plenty of "after" pictures of it. It's just a thought.
RJ
I just saw this post. That's a great idea. I'll take a pic and add it to this post soon. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ