Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
TaoBao Bull Ocarinas
Topic Started: 17 Jul 2012, 05:09 AM (21,052 Views)
Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Of the three, Alto F is lowest, then Alto G is a whole tone higher, then Alto C is 2 and a half tones higher than Alto G. Just going up the scale.

Those ranges sound about right. A4 to G6 would only be about 1 and a half octaves, only a little more than a 12 hole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ContraMuffin
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
spoonyspork
19 Jan 2013, 04:18 AM
This is the thread for it... I think it's in here somewhere :D

Basically, these aren't what I'd call 'performance' ocarinas. They're not terrible, but they are very quirky. They're not going to sound like a TNG purple clay, and they have a character to their sound all their own that not everyone is going to like. They're also not the best balanced for ergonomics though as his models have gone through improvments, they seem to be better and better. They're also not particularly 'pretty' and have no finish -- it's just raw clay -- so without paint they...kinda look like dead flesh. Even those with straw fire finish have a very raw look to them. All of this factors in to lower production costs, not to mention they're meant to be sold within China, where they need to be affordable :)
Thanks for your thoughts on the bull ocarinas. I'm not a performer - you'll never see me professionally on stage - or even unprofessionally on stage - with an ocarina, but I am pretty picky with what I want. I prefer ocarinas that aren't shrill, like a whistle. Would you say that bull ocarinas sound like that?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Yeah... this is really old information.

ContraMuffin
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
Mark Chan
4 Sep 2016, 05:53 AM
Yeah... this is really old information.
=P I usually forget to pay attention to the dates

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ