Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Ocarina Art; Everyone share your ocarina art here!
Topic Started: 12 Jan 2012, 04:33 AM (7,062 Views)
hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Can't settle on an avatar pic.
Alrighty guys, after a quick search of the Artisan Crafts section of the forums, I didn't find anything like this, so sorry if it's been done before. Heh... :blush:

Anyway, the point of this thread is for everyone to share any artwork they've done featuring ocarinas. Any medium is welcome, whether it be traditional media such as pencil, paint, clay, etc., or if it's digital. Just show off your ocarinart here! (See what I did thar? :giggle: )

Also, you can use this forum to share your DeviantART (or other art website) galleries if you have one c:

I'll go first to get the ball rolling:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Here's the link to my DeviantART account!

I hope everyone enjoys! Have fun sharing! :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fermataheart
Member Avatar
"High and Mighty"
Your digital colouring is epic! I fail so much at digital art DX

I don't have any ocarina related art but I do have this: http://gjaidaart.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d426ogq

It's music related C:

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

I only have one ocarina-related drawing which i did for the Songbird contest quite some time ago. It was majorly rushed as i was finishing a sculpture at the time as well, and over time i've grown to hate it with each passing day. Not my best work, that is for damn sure, but may as well post it anyway:

Musings

All the rest of my 'ocarina-related art' are, well, ocarinas.

Kabir
Member Avatar
I'm stuck to an ocarina!
I don't know if it counts but my avatar is meant to be me playing my STL Florentine ocarina in black. I created it in GIMP.

Penycat
Member Avatar
Ocarina lover at first site!
@ kalasinar omg that is beautiful. But I know from experience we can be so much more critical of ourselves.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
fermataheart
12 Jan 2012, 07:13 AM
Your digital colouring is epic! I fail so much at digital art DX

I don't have any ocarina related art but I do have this: http://gjaidaart.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d426ogq

It's music related C:
Awh, thanks! :3 Usually I struggle with my digital art, but every once in a while I manage something half decent, heh... The stuff in my DA gallery are the few things I'm at least somewhat satisfied with, I have dozens upon dozens of digital pieces I haven't even finished yet because they weren't working well ^_^; I'm still learning to do digital art, so I'm not so great yet, but I've definitely improved :P

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
My latest ocarina art, if anyone's interested :3

I sculpted these with Super Sculpey, for myself and my sister C:

aniki91344
Member Avatar
up up down down left right left right B A start
Can I post something here too? I've been wanting to finish a drawing I started about 3 weeks ago, but college has been merciless with my free time. I'll post the finished version up on this same post as an update when it's done. I'm not extremely well versed in drawing with a tablet, so I figure that I should really get to practicing on it, lol. For now I have two characters in different poses playing an ocarina, but I'm not exactly sure where I want to take it from here. I thought that connecting their fingers with a red lace or something might be an interesting idea, but I'm not sure. I'm busy, and I've got homework to take care of, lol. Any thoughts on this? I'm also kind of blanking out on what sort of colors I should put on them by the end of it.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: Unfinished_Ocarina_Couple.jpg (150.36 KB)
Edited by aniki91344, 1 Dec 2012, 05:12 AM.

Fred
Member Avatar
Serial Ocarina Philanderer
I want to put them on a t shirt and wear it Aniki ^,^

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Kickin' it like all the cool hedgies do
That is awesome, aniki! It looks like it could be a comic strip :)

Flx-Cvz
Member Avatar
No, I'm not a clown.
I want that picture in a sticker to put it everywhere :B
Imagine, a full collection of ocarina stickers (10 inches) that you can put everywhere :D

aniki91344
Member Avatar
Heh, thanks! Once I finish the artwork, I'll put it up on the shirt design topic too. Of course, I'll offer the full quality file for free as well, royalty free, and... what's the word... "Open Source"? lol, whatever it is. Maybe I'll try to make a vector version of this so that it can be made into a shirt more easily.

Mr Subias
Member Avatar
Mind your own business.
@hylian I have been a lot of time in DA and even made my own compos once. As an advice, I'd reccomend you to watermark your pieces (and save a copy without watermarking in your computer, just in case). There are a lot of undesirable art thieves over there. Also the watermark is removed when somebody purchases your art, so it's a good way to keep your creativity safe :thumbsup:

Ayuna
Member Avatar
Amateur Ocarinist
That's really good aniki and I love it just the way it is - I don't think you need to do anymore on this :)

What kind of tablet do you have? I have a Wacom which I have had for many years and I love it :)

aniki91344
Member Avatar
Hmm, is that so, Ayuna? If enough people feel that way, I guess I can just skip right into making a vector version for anyone who wants it on clothing. My tablet is a Wavom intuos 4, which I've been really enjoying lately.

As for watermarks, Hylian's ocarina picture already has a DA watermark... If you're talking about mine, it doesn't really bother me all that much, I'm actually more glad that they like it enough to take it.

Mr Subias
Member Avatar
Mind your own business.
I talked to hylian with the watermark thing. Actually, what you've said about that you allow people to take your art, art thieves actually steal art and post it in their own DA account, so their using your work. Its always better to watermark it with your own sign, and deviantart generic mark doesnt really make a difernce. They steal it the same and say they've made the DA mark themselves.

Orange13
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
it's not finished YET! (ink pen) Here:
Posted Image
P.S. sorry for bad quality photo :shame:
aaaaand this is my DeviantArt: Emanon13

aniki91344
Member Avatar
Ahh, I see. That IS a problem. Well for now though, I'll trust the people here not to take credit of it as their own, lol. My drawing is not even up on DA, lol.

Orange13, that thing is gorgeous. I'm excited to see it's final turnout!

Octavius
Member Avatar
Spiritual Ocarinist
WOW.
Can some one drew me an Zelda Double Ocarina??

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
aniki91344
1 Dec 2012, 05:12 AM
Can I post something here too?

Absolutely post your stuff here! The more the merrier :)

I'm glad people have picked up this thread again c:

Mr Subias
1 Dec 2012, 01:45 PM
@hylian I have been a lot of time in DA and even made my own compos once. As an advice, I'd reccomend you to watermark your pieces (and save a copy without watermarking in your computer, just in case). There are a lot of undesirable art thieves over there. Also the watermark is removed when somebody purchases your art, so it's a good way to keep your creativity safe :thumbsup:

Thanks :) . I usually do use DA's watermarks, unless they cover up a big part of my art, then I use my own watermark that I made. Not that I think anyone would wanna steal my art, it's not that great :giggle:

Mr Subias
Member Avatar
Mind your own business.
Glad to advert you. Sometimes DA staff is quick and catch them, and they dont allow the member to go back to it's account. Although other times if there are no proofs about the piece saying it isn't the thief job, they make money with another person art.
PD: They always apologise and said they were wrong blah blah... :pirate:

TigerMimi
Member Avatar
Ocarina newbie
Well it's not verry big but the little blue character is playing the Dragontooth. My ocarinas really inspire me.
http://princesstigerlili.deviantart.com/art/The-Dragon-Tooth-341656527?ga_submit_new=10%253A1355085164&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1
Edited by TigerMimi, 9 Dec 2012, 09:35 PM.

Prairie Wolf
Member Avatar
I'm convinced dogs unfurl their wings when we are not looking!
TigerMimi
9 Dec 2012, 09:34 PM
Well it's not verry big but the little blue character is playing the Dragontooth. My ocarinas really inspire me.
http://princesstigerlili.deviantart.com/art/The-Dragon-Tooth-341656527?ga_submit_new=10%253A1355085164&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1
Oh, my! That is gorgeous! What a beautiful place - I would love to be there sitting on the vines, listening. WOW!

Ayuna
Member Avatar
Amateur Ocarinist
TigerMimi
9 Dec 2012, 09:34 PM
Such a lovely image! Very peaceful.

On deviant art - the website can be a bit of a pain in terms of usability and navigation. It does really need a good overhaul which it has not had in many many years. I've actually been with the website for 10 years (according to my profile) and it really has changed very little in those areas.

Art thieves can also be an issue, but to be honest that happens everywhere on the Internet. I've found my pieces in several locations I never posted them!
Edited by Ayuna, 10 Dec 2012, 02:29 AM.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Whoa!! That is beautiful, Orange! :D Absolutely adore that. Wonderful work ;)

... Heh, ok, so I tried making my username (redhedgehog) into an actual avatar. Here it is!!

Yes, I know... it looks like a muppet with an 80's hairdo :rofl: Least to say, I have a lot of work to do. In't he cute?

Skwishee
Member Avatar
Ocarina Fish Lady
You guys have inspired me... I have an idea for an ocarina based drawing, so will try and do it before Christmas :D

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Yay, more art to look forward to for this thread :)

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Tried drawing a tenor today.

It ended up being a contrabass instead :lmao:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: image.jpg (157.1 KB)

Ace Ocarinas
I will NEVER return to TON.
...................................|||||||.................
................................./......./..................
.....................||||||||||........|||||.............
......||||||||||||O.O.O.O.............|||..........
..|||.....................O.O.O.O.......|||..........
......|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||.............

I had no ocarina art so I made this. :)
Edited by Ace Ocarinas, 7 Jan 2013, 02:39 AM.

Jill theredhedgehog
Member Avatar
Oh my gosh! :rofl: That's cool, Daniel.

Ace Ocarinas
I will NEVER return to TON.
redhedgehogocarina
7 Jan 2013, 03:27 AM
Oh my gosh! :rofl: That's cool, Daniel.
Thanks. It looks good on some computers but bad on others. Hopefully most of you see it as good looking. :)

Grimat
Member Avatar
Hi, I'm Mathew :)

@hylian_shieldmaiden can I convert your dragontooth ocarina art to use as a pattern for Animal Crossing?

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
I've never played Animal Crossing, so I don't know anything about it, but as long as I get credited in some small way and no profits are made off it, I don't mind. Just glad to be asked first. If it's possible, I'd like to see what you do with it; it's always nice when people enjoy your art :)

P.S. I really hope that doesn't come off as sounding grumpy or anything, because I'm certainly not ^_^;

avery
Member Avatar
i love H.Fiehns
hylian_shieldmaiden you should post yours on this link . :)

Grimat
Member Avatar

except her ocarina art is already an actual ocarina, known as a dragontooth by fockalink/songbird
Edited by Grimat, 15 Jan 2013, 10:20 PM.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
@ Link: I'm actually one of the staff in that DA group (I'm ShadowPhoenixRisen), so I don't think I can participate ;)

Not that I'm a super active staff member (I'm just a contributor), but I offered to answer any questions the admins of that group might have, and give them a hand if they needed it, since I already have experience running a DA group.

@ Grimat: I'm a she :)
Edited by hylian_shieldmaiden, 15 Jan 2013, 10:17 PM.

Grimat
Member Avatar

Okies, fixed it =D, I guess the 'maiden' in your username should have gave it away... Anyway this is it in Animal Crossing
Edited by Grimat, 15 Jan 2013, 10:29 PM.

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
No worries. It's a long username, so the "maiden" part is easy to overlook ;)

Hee hee, cool, my drawing's in a video game :3

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Since this is an art thread, I thought I'd post this here. For anyone who's interested, Adobe's offering its entire CS2 range (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) for free to people who have already purchased a copy in the past. They shut down the authentication servers, as they're too costly to maintain, so anyone can download them; but you wouldn't wanna betray the honour system, would you >.> ;)

Srsly, don't betray the honour system and download a free full version of CS2 here <.< :rofl:

Melanie Andrea
Member Avatar
ocarina maker
Hello all,
also follow the Ocarina Club on deviantart: http://ocarina-club.deviantart.com/gallery/
You can show your ocarina art there.

GoldSkulltula
Member Avatar
Ocarina enthusiast and crazy cat lady
My ocarina didn't come with a bag and I'm too cheap to buy one, so I made this out of old neckties (and a bit of yarn to attach it to a belt). It's not so much a protective case as it is a decorative carrier, but it's not like I go swinging it around anyway xD. There's a neck strap there, too but I haven't worn it while out and about yet...
http://cupcakeinsurgent.deviantart.com/art/Ocarina-Bag-356493327?ga_submit_new=10%253A1361848810

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
That's a pretty neat idea, Skulltula (do you mind if I call you that?). An excellent, yet simple way to re-purpose a necktie. :)

GoldSkulltula
Member Avatar
Ocarina enthusiast and crazy cat lady
Not at all :) And I'm glad you like it. I really like your art on dA by the way, keep it up!

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
Thanks so much :)

hylian_shieldmaiden
Member Avatar
I just realized that I haven't posted any of my newer ocarina art here lately, so have an art dump ;)

Ocarinaz!

I'd still like to see everybody else's ocarina art here :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Artisan Crafts · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ