Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ocarina shops in Rome?
Topic Started: 26 Sep 2011, 05:14 PM (1,776 Views)
Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

A friend of mine is just off to Rome for a few days (nowhere else in Italy, though). And she owes me a bit of money.

Anyone know of music shops there that sell good ocarinas - Menaglio or ClaCol, say?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Jonny Sutton
Member Avatar
The Lonely Ocarinist
As a matter of fact, yes I do. I bought my Menaglio from a music shop right next to the Pantheon. If you face the Pantheon from the front, you can see roads that run adjacent to it on the left and right. Along the left-hand road there are shops. Towards the end is a music shop that sells Menaglio ocarinas. :)

You can just see the start of the road I mean to the left of the Pantheon on its Wikipedia page.
Edited by Jonny Sutton, 26 Sep 2011, 06:26 PM.
Member Avatar
O·ca·ri·na - pla·ying - an·droid
You might also want to enter some random musical instrument shops. When I was in Rome, I tried two. First was wrong, but the same chain had a second store located not too far from the first that did have some wondrous looking ocarinas (including something that appeared to be a bass-tenor harmony double I think might have been a menaglio). I regret that I didn't have enough money back then. If I remember well enough where we were (the shop was very close to our hotel), our hotel was near the Termini Station, so looking on google maps, it might have been the music store sas on the via napoli. I can't tell for absolute certain, though.
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ