Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Rock the Oc'! 2011 (Discussion thread)
Topic Started: 18 Sep 2011, 09:02 PM (12,392 Views)
Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

Lol Sherb, there are two versions of the theme song from Paprika, though i can't really say which is harder...or even how Dully will attempt it, but i really hope he does! I was thinking a slowed down version might be good, Hirasawa is notorious for making very complex songs, but in Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress, Hirasawa had one main theme that is quite fast and difficult which he slows down and alters for other songs in the film. It works very well, such a method might apply well to Paprika's main theme...well, just my thoughts anyways c:

( Really hoping Dully will attempt it now :hug: )

Edit: Sorry if i steered a little off-topic, the film graduate creature in me appears sometimes, its a Jekyll/Hyde kind of thing... :shame:
Edited by Everett Ocarinas, 23 Sep 2011, 01:04 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

LINK for those who are having trouble deciding on a song

I suggest that each listed participant have their song listed with their name on the first post of the collab thread. We don't want people practicing in preparation for the collab if they don't know their song is already taken by someone else.

Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar
Close the World, Open the Next

I suppose I could do the MASH theme xD

HydraOcarinaV2
Member Avatar

Going to play the Back to the Future Theme song. To bad Universal Studios got rid of the Back to the Future ride cause that would be a perfect place to shoot.

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

Bateleur
24 Sep 2011, 02:08 AM
LINK for those who are having trouble deciding on a song

I suggest that each listed participant have their song listed with their name on the first post of the collab thread. We don't want people practicing in preparation for the collab if they don't know their song is already taken by someone else.
:facepalm: why didn't I think of this?

I'm going to take Bat's advice, and update the first post with the name of songs that people are playing. So we don't have duplicates.
(You can feel free to change your song at any time)

Also, if your song hasn't been listed, it would be because I'm not sure if you're sure you're playing that.
I will only list the people who gave definite answers, for now.
Edited by Sherb, 24 Sep 2011, 09:29 AM.

Jonny Sutton
Member Avatar
The Lonely Ocarinist
Does it have to be the theme, or just a song from a film? For example, could I do 'I'll make a man out of you' from Mulan?

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

Well it was originally movie themes, but some people seem to be playing insert songs.

I supposed as long as it's recognisable from that movie, it should be okay.

eonblue
Pendant Ocarinist x 3
If nobody did it before me, I'll do the theme from The good the bad and the ugly, otherwise something from Aladdin

Jhaemes
Member Avatar
wow

I'm looking to do "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky, or the A Team Theme.

Haven't had much look finding sheets though D:

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

Eon- I've put you down for that since nobody else is doing it.

Jhaemes- Any definite ideas?

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

Yes Jady! THAT Paprika! I'm still trying to figure out which song to play from that movie or how to arrange it for it to be recognizable and playable in the Oc. :D

Jonny Sutton
Member Avatar
The Lonely Ocarinist
Sherb
24 Sep 2011, 09:59 AM
Well it was originally movie themes, but some people seem to be playing insert songs.

I supposed as long as it's recognisable from that movie, it should be okay.
Okay, great. I assume we can play in any key we want? I guess you're not trying to blend the pieces together/put a backtrack to them... xD

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

Nope. As long as it is completely recognisable (to someone who knows the song) then it's fine.
Also, I recorded my part earlier today.
But my cellphone cameras mic is rather poor, and some of the higher notes didn't get picked up at all.
I may re-record the audio part with my good mic, but it won't be the same without the sound of the wind making the tree's rustle etc. It does have a very natural sound, and the song is definitely recognisable... but I'm unsure.

Opinions?
Edited by Sherb, 24 Sep 2011, 06:01 PM.

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

Dullahan
24 Sep 2011, 02:39 PM
Yes Jady! THAT Paprika! I'm still trying to figure out which song to play from that movie or how to arrange it for it to be recognizable and playable in the Oc. :D
YAY! :hug: :love:

Awesome Dully! If you could do the main theme somehow that would be so fantastic, if you decide on another song from the film, i vote Parade, seeing as it is my favourite ^^ (and strangely enough, one of my favourite songs in general). But i'm sure whatever you pick will be really good, i look forward to seeing you play! :boogie:

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

I'm actually learning Parade as of now!! :D :D I'd just like to know if I can use a backtrack, as playing it without one might ruin the mood of the song, or make it just plainly impossible to play.

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

I'd rather you didn't use a backtrack.
It would kinda ruin the atmosphere of the collaboration overall. Sorry D:

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

I was going to say, the soundtrack album includes just the instrumental piece of Parade (thus excluding the vocals) which would ultimately be perfect for a backtrack. But i can understand the rules for this collab, i guess it would be very distracting and quite interruptive to have constant changes between backtracks throughout. I still think the general melody of the vocals played on an ocarina would still sound just as nice without any accompaniment. I wish you the best of luck Dully! C:

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

As I posted in the main thread, an outdoors video is no longer a specification.
I realise that will just make it harder for people to get a video.
Feel free to play it wherever you like.

HydraOcarinaV2
Member Avatar

Is the deadline still October 30th?

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

I am making the official deadline October 30th, yes.

mmxz40
Member Avatar
Amateur Hobbyist
the heck, sherb and kissing are one?!

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

I am actually Sherb.

The admins are playing jokes, and they switched me and Kissing around XD

Music Forever
Member Avatar
Look on the bright side.
I really don't know what song I want to play yet :S
There's so many songs to choose from, but I just can't think of one!
I'll find something though, and I will make a video

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

That's fine ^^
You have plenty of time anyway :D

Tarot Warrior
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
phew, finally uploaded my video on youtube, took me so many times to et it juuust right, but it was so worth it! Can'T wait to see everyone else's videos ^_^

Sherb
Member Avatar
Nyanyanyanyanya

I just received your video. It's fine, thanks!

Stephen Bobchin
Member Avatar
Close the World, Open the Next

I just PM'd mine to you Sherb :-D

Jhaemes
Member Avatar
wow

I don't think I'll make it, I'm afraid. Without going in to too much detail, I just haven't had the motivation =/

Llisas
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Just sent mine, please let me know if you received it without problems :)

Music Forever
Member Avatar
Look on the bright side.
Mine doesn't have too much to it, and I recorded it quickly, but I did it! I'll be sending it to you in 2 minutes Sherb, when it's finished uploading :)

Cambell
Member Avatar
That guy

I can't wait to see the final production! I also hope a few more people get an entry in before Sherb does the editing :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ