Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Giorgio Cataldi/Tytoalba ocarinas; news molds AC
Topic Started: 2 Sep 2011, 11:22 AM (25,361 Views)
Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Conflict resolution is only a half step away!
Giorgio, I have really been enjoying my new Sweet Potato V that Mark Chan picked out for me in Budrio. I have had a bit more time to play it over the last couple of days, and I have been really happy with the good, strong sound across the range of notes. It has an assertive presence and I love the metallic blue finish. Thank you for your excellent work!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
@Pandorado: I figured I would pry it from Mark's fingers at the U.S. Ocarina Festival in the fall if necessary! ;) Seriously, I promised Mark that I would buy him a dinner or drinks when we meet in Allen, Texas. I really do appreciate that he took time to play Giorgio's ocarinas and select one for me in Budrio. The nicest people play ocarinas!

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Mark Chan
22 May 2015, 01:13 AM
I liked the ocarina so much, I had to play with it for a few days before mailing it off, lol.

All with my blessing, Mark. You were a sweetheart to carefully bring it back from Italy. :hug: It is amazing to me how very different each ocarina feels and sounds. Each one is truly an individual work of art. (At least, the clay and wood ones are.) I am really looking forward to trying other ocarinas and sharing my own at the festival this fall. You can play my patata dolce azzurro in Texas!

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
pandorado100
22 May 2015, 03:35 PM
Let's see, I know Mark loves fried chicken, piyan and sushi. He probably wouldn't say no to some Texas barbecue and he's a fiend for biscuits, mac 'n' cheese and Swedish meatballs.

I base that on all the pictures I have drooled over on Mark's FB page. He's quite the foodie. :rofl:
Well, Jeanne, I am quite the foodie too, but I am unfamiliar with "piyan." I am a big fan of nose-to-tail dining, but is this really what you meant? The first thing that popped up when I searched was this: "The Chinese word piyan - 屁眼 - pyăn
(asshole (just the physical meaning) in Chinese)."

And now, so we don't derail the Tytoalba thread too much, I have a question for Giorgio. I remember seeing an ocarina you made with an owl's head (in profile). How did it turn out? Please post a picture for us if you still have the ocarina.
Edited by Bayou Mama, 23 May 2015, 02:26 AM.

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Giorgio, your barn owl ocarina is very beautiful! I really like the way you painted it, too. The only picture I had seen previously was of the unfinished ocarina.

@Pandorado: Lol, that makes much more sense!

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Giorgio, your latest ocarinas are lovely, as usual!

Bayou Mama
Member Avatar
Daniel will enjoy his new ocarina, I am sure.

I will be taking my blue, Sweet Potato V ocarina with me to the U.S. Ocarina Festival later this week. Mark will be able to play her again. 😉
Edited by Bayou Mama, 5 Oct 2015, 02:16 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ