Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Giorgio Cataldi/Tytoalba ocarinas; news molds AC
Topic Started: 2 Sep 2011, 11:22 AM (25,344 Views)
tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi,
I propose to you the latest achievements of High C.
Were used three new molds:
in the upper left is a "Old Type" in the upper right is a "Sweet Potato Type" in the middle two "Type Z" (Oot).
The samples will be finished.
Highlights:
The hold has a powerful tone, the Sweet Potato because the particular form in a very skinny tail, has a particular sound, very "pointed".
The Oot is in three versions: quiet tone, medium tone and strong.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by tytoalba, 14 Jan 2013, 01:23 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Dullahan
2 Sep 2011, 02:20 PM
Those are some nice Ocarinas! I like the Sweet Potato type in the top right! If I get some money in the near future I will consider getting one! :D
Hello, please be aware that the sale will begin applying the 50% discount

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

starhero
3 Sep 2011, 07:11 AM
When are where are you selling them?
Hello,
not yet have a website, if you're interested send me a PM with your preferences for the type of ocarina and fingering with your email address. I will have it available as soon as I tell you.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi guys.
I developed an ocarina suited to play in the home.
We say that the characteristics of relative quiet.
Requires an intensity of breath a very small, like a Spencer or Ogawa ocs.
Exerts an average sound pressure of 80-85 dB.
The test will ..

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi guys
I show you my first 11 holes with a Japanese fingering. Range from B4 to F6.
Structured like the sound of Budrio ocarinas.
Now we must wait for its drying and firing.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi guys
I developed new molds for ocarinas, together with changes to all popstick for a new conformation of the windway.
I present some pictures of a new Alto "C". has improved the overall efficiency.
I do a standard version with 12 holes of classic sound oriental.
I also make a special version but it requires more work.
This additional work has an additional cost of 30%. In compensation the ocarina "sings".
In both cases there is no need to maneuver the Acute bends.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi guys
I present a new finish made ​​with clear shellac.
This goes to replace the wax previously adopted.

Regards
Giorgio

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
The Sweet potato type is actually very successful:
has a powerful sound and melodic, and incredibly ergonomic. Did not require any countersinking holes around the sub. Still requires a laborious tuning and careful selection of slot stic for the windway.
I do not have at the moment of his ilk. I replaced with the type II low in the images.

Regards
Giorgio

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Here is a C3 with fingering Italian, together with the new sweet potatoes.
Surface treatment with several layers of shellac.

Regards
Giorgio

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
I did not understand at what ocarina you mean:
- If it's the type Zelda, is suitable for those who blow gently (ocarina is quiet);
- If it's 11 holes Hold type, has no problems controlling the breath. For the record it had a crack at the base of the mouthpiece. This problem was quickly sealed and does not prejudge the quality of sound.
Do not have a website, but an account Faceboock. See below the avatar. For questions on sales, use a PM.

Regards
Giorgio
- If it's the type Zelda, is suitable for those who blow gently (ocarina is quiet);

PS
The sound sample of the AC Zelda type "Quiet"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQx5SnIPuE

Regards
Giorgio
Edited by tytoalba, 9 Mar 2012, 12:40 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I made ​​the first five copies of the new Sweet Potato High "C", version III. The performances are remarkable. Have high backpressure and at the same time is high also their reactivity. The sound pressure level of 001 is monstrous.
I have attached a comparative table with an illustrious rival: a C3 Rotter.
Next will be available in version with low back pressure and low pressure level (quiet).

Regards
Giorgio

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Intense
1 Jul 2012, 01:08 AM
Let me know when you're selling to the public again! I remember you had told me a few weeks ago that you were too busy to take new orders but please keep me posted when you are!

The ocarina almost looks like it doesn't have a finish. The shellac really is beautiful.

EDIT: I'm curious, Kalasinar, if it sounds similar to the Maparam Alto C. The voicing hole looks almost identical to the holes on the back of my Maparam Triple.

EDIT 2: I found a pic of a maparam single to show voicing for comparison. I just thought it would be interesting.
Click for pics
In fact, those that have been realized see above. In particular, the serial no. 001 and 002 about four months ago, the 003, 004, 005 have been realized on input of some forum members who need an ocarina with high back pressure. At the moment, however, after the measurement of sound pressure, I decided that the 001 is not available for sale. I keep it as a reference for comparative tests. The other two are not finishing the 003 and 004. The latter are not available for sale because I did not meet standards that are imposed. I'll see if by next fall I can make some other exemplar which falls in the standard of marketability. With regard to Kalasinar, it has a different sound from a Maparam. is very rustic, earthy, who could remember the classic Italian ocarinas.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Without wishing to continue with the defense of my ocarinas, not just a form to give a corresponding sound.
For example, my Standard Type 005, my avatar has a type of sound that my ear is indistinguishable from that of my AC Maparam selected by Paul Gavelli.
For my Sweet potatoes III can give four types of sound: pure sound (as on my last Maparam Gavelli), pure sound with a tendency to "sing" (as in some Maparam AC); earthy sound like Ocarina of Kalasinar; sound Italian like a 10/11 holes that I sold to Kresimir.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I present to you the fourth version of the AC Sweet Potato. Compared to previous versions I have tried to optimize the volumes and proportions. You'd think that the form does not have anything new. Up to this stage of testing, however, this is the shape that gives more efficiency to the system 12 holes. These first two examples are made of clay standard red and red clay pan (Material fantastic for lightness and malleability).
Regards
Edited by tytoalba, 23 Aug 2012, 03:32 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

spoonyspork
21 Aug 2012, 02:08 AM
I very much like the natural 'ramp' of these (rather than the 'ice cream scoop' ramp many makers - including I - use).

Do you find it helps the tone, or is this just an 'aesthetics' thing? :)
No, no. It is not only aesthetic. A noticeable effect is its small diameter holes at pinky, ring, middle and index finger of the right hand. This is because, among the factors which affect the area of the holes for the fingers, one is the corresponding volume within the area for an influence of the hole itself. This factor, ends indirectly to drag down the size of the remaining holes around the "Dome" (the whole area around the hole in voicing).
At the end of all of this gives greater efficiency to the instrument.
Regards
Edited by tytoalba, 21 Aug 2012, 07:34 AM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

This exemplar of the latest version of the High C will ship to Alessandro (Delorean) waiting for a performance demonstration. The tone is deliberately structured so slight. harmonics are very mixed. The objective is to smooth the two extremes that may otherwise never meet: the italian ocarina and the Korean/Jap ocarina. As usual, the volume and tonal stability are comparable to the 10 holes.
Edited by tytoalba, 2 Oct 2012, 10:03 AM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

The sound of the Sweet Potato IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2M6i_RTkg8&feature=autoshare

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

raddogz
23 Oct 2012, 09:48 PM
As new as I am to Ocarina's and playing that is one beautiful piece. I love the sound of that one. Will it come as quiet version as well?
Yes, I could make a version quiet even with this mold
fm12692
23 Oct 2012, 09:54 PM
i don't think so. why muffle a beautiful sound ^.^
http://www.8notes.com/scores/3394.asp

the sheet music for that beautiful song :} not sure if its this but can you confirm tytoalba?
Should be the same. for details on the score ask Delorean.
Edited by tytoalba, 23 Oct 2012, 10:42 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Continue my quest to understand the role of the shape and proportions of the sound characteristics of the ocarina.
I submit a High C 12 holes long tail.

In the picture you see the comparison with a Rotter C3.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I'll find out after firing and the final set. Meanwhile will fulfill a series of prototypes to compare different dimensions of the hole of the sound and different windways.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Are two examples of Italian Hold typeII AC.
Are refined and tuned, a Pyrophila clay, the other in white clay

Il test per l'ascolto delle singole note qui
http://youtu.be/YHIU10G62EY (Pyrophila clay)
http://youtu.be/zCoIkuyI7ZQ (White clay)
Edited by tytoalba, 16 Jan 2013, 08:09 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Thanks guys.

This is a finished model of the "AC" Long Tail, made from the mold 2012.
The system of fingering is Japanese. Soon followed by a new version with a slight redistribution of volumes.
All this in order to optimize the efficiency, given the considerable transverse extension of the instrument. It will be understood by the reduction of the diameter of the holes for the last two notes.

The test for listening to individual notes is here
http://youtu.be/zNsY8lLn5ww
Edited by tytoalba, 16 Jan 2013, 08:03 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I added short pieces for listening to the sound
Edited by tytoalba, 16 Jan 2013, 08:12 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hello guys
Between now and the next week I will introduce some tools derived from molds of new generation.
I hope we can bring the Ocarina Festival of Budrio.
Here is the Long Tail with volumes repositioned. Compared to the previous version you can see a better balance between the size of holes. Despite voicing the hole larger, the corresponding holes on the little finger left and right thumb, are smaller.

Next is the Sweet Potato version III with the dome more swollen. For those who like to sound a little "darker" than the normal version.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hey guys
I just realized the first of the new Sandard Type .
Here, too, I made a completely new mold.
I wanted an ocarina that could express a greater potential than the old model. In this example I created a huge hole voicing.
For this there are all the prerequisites to get over all the records of sound pressure between the ocarinas High "C" to this day that I realized.
In such a configuration it is advisable to play it outdoors. Otherwise it would be best to wear ear protection.
Among the photos a dimensional comparison with a Rotter C3.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
This is the classic form of the ocarina Italian. We'll see what the end results will be applying the same system where the last post. Of course I did not want to exaggerate the size of the sound hole, to which I applied a rather elongated shape.
Bottom Line: I was forced to give a slight flare on the note "G" and its sub hole at the right index finger, otherwise you could not guarantee their coverage in cases where it is necessary.

Followed by versions with a 10/11 holes fingering Italian.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Two models in white clay:
The first is 12 holes very lightweight and ergonomic. When still wet weight, as you can see, 272 grams. After drying and after cooking, foresee a weight below 150 grams.

The second is the modified version of the Sweet Potato III, pure oriental style.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Two ocarinas:
The first is the "Italian Classic" Alto C with 11 holes Italian fingering . It has the distinction in voicing hole shape other than circular. We'll see what it adds and takes away from the characteristic sound.

The second is the "Italian III" Alto C 12 holes. The scheme is fingering East (Japan)

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Here is the ocarina n. 006 C High 12 holes Sweet Potato IV. I used red clay standards. This clay has a higher shrinkage than the white and the red sandy (that of the 14 holes). I used new parameters to obtain the correct internal volume. All this resulted in a decrease in the thickness of the walls and a consequent increase in the average diameter of the holes for the fingers.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

A vague idea you can listen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2M6i_RTkg8
Delorean where he played with the SP IV n. 003.
The substantial difference is that this just ended seems to have a greater sound power due to the voicing of larger dimensions.
After cooking I will do some test sound

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
The last 13 hole AC
(G4-F6) overblow up to F#6
Soon some short sound sample

In two images, there is a Rotter AC for comparison

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

At the moment these two are destined to some tests. If you can wait a couple of months and make an order, send me a PM.
Here there is a test of the notes, in comparison with other ocarine to 9, 10, 12 holes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyddP2ZD0ss
here Demonstration of overblow with all holes open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhbfOGKsnIE
Edited by tytoalba, 7 Jul 2013, 01:53 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
From time to time I ever need to change the subject. Here is a new type of ocarina old Italian. is derived from the new mold made this summer.
is a 10 holes. I could not create the hole n. 11 because the available interior volume is insufficient. The cause of this is due to the completely manual process when I realize the windway.
In fact, it may happen that enter too deeply stick that creates the windway.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
The latest evolution of the Standard Type. It needs no amplification. The back pressure is moderate. The sound is "traveling"

Keep in mind that the microphone is the original of the camera.
Edited by tytoalba, 2 Jan 2014, 06:21 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Many thanks Roberto

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
New Alto C Hold Type version made ​​with clay Etruscan. The rustic appearance will always remain.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Standard Compact with another hole voicing increased and the split hole
Alternatively, I can achieve it with Taiwanese fingering.
For this piece I wanted to do an experiment with a double resonator inside
http://i57.tinypic.com/af9bbl.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2i0ql38.jpg

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Final result with the AC 10 holes in Etruscan clay
http://i62.tinypic.com/210ip3m.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/izq58z.jpg

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
For those who want to listen to a melody with the 12 holes Standard Type in white clay: see below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoagRM1mWg&feature=youtu.be

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
radicalizing efficiency of the group voicings, you can create a 12 holes Alto C that does not suffer from asphyxia on the note "F" high. All this without creating rooms around the holes in oriental style. I used the molds of Sweet Potato versions "III" and "IV". I will be more limited after drying ...
http://i61.tinypic.com/5dqp1s.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/xo1t6w.jpg

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
Work of refinement and optimization of Alto C. After cooking we'll see if they comply with the expectations. Some have sound and fingering Italian, tending to sound more pure and fingering Japanese. I expect little pressure, responsiveness, concert sound volume with the exception of the Ultra Compact that sounds so peaceful.
http://i59.tinypic.com/s338ty.jpg

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

OcarinaGanondorf
21 May 2014, 02:41 AM
Will you be painting the Oot and how much are they going for?
Google translator gave me back a meaningless phrase. Try anyway to respond in some way. Usually after cooking, I make a semi-transparent coating with shellac. With the red clay it takes at least 12-15 layers. In this case the clay is white, more porous than red. To saturate it takes 20-25 layers of shellac (dilution ratio between rubber and alcohol: 1/10). Alternatively, the finish wit non toxic pure acrylic resin with final protective transparent. There are 10 main colors.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Thanks Jeanne, I'll send him a PM

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I have not managed to make the final adjustment to the last 10 holes Standard type removed from the oven. In the meantime, I just finished it. Always with 10 holes Italian system. Every detail has been designed to maximize the sound pressure. All this combined with a strong sonic character, without encroaching on the sound "vented". Surely such benefits have not been able to be achieved with the classic shape (conical).

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
For those interested, you can see almost all kinds of my Alto C. As an alternative to coating shellac, I have adopted colored paints in acrylic resin based non-toxic. The final layer is transparent. the clay type is white.
I made a test date on the audibility of the instruments. I placed the meter sound pressure level at a distance of 35-40 centimeter from the ocarina. I have summarized the maximum decibel; the minimum; Finally, the average value as the sum of the sound pressure on every single note, / divided by the number of notes 11. I have excluded from the average of the two sub-hole ocarinas 12 holes

- Sweet Potato III
Color: dark yellow
Weight: gr. 177
fingering: 12 holes Japanese
Construction date: 05/02/14
Sound pressure level in decibels:
Minimum 72.7 at the note B4
Maximum 101.2 "" "B5
Media 92.2

- Standard type (old)
Color: cobalt blue
Weight: gr. 230
fingering: 10 holes Italian
Construction date: 05/07/14
Minimum 84.3 at the note D5
Maximum 106.9 "" "E6
Average 97.45

- Ultra Compact
Color: Violet
Weight: gr. 161
fingering: 10 holes Italian
Construction date: 05/05/14
Minimum 82.1 at the C5 note
Maximum 107.8 "" "F6
Average 96.44

- Standard Type
Color: bright red
Weight: gr. 336
Italian 10-hole fingering
Construction date: 03/05/14
Minimum 87.4 at the note D5
Maximum 107.8 "" "F6
Media 98.5

- Standard Type
Color: green ftalo
Weight: gr. 328
12 holes fingering Japanese
Construction date: 03/05/14
Minimum 73.2 at the note A4
Maximum 103.1 "" "F6
Average 96.35

- Sweet Potato V
Colour: turquoise
Weight: gr. 322
Construction date: 18/05/14
Minimum 71.6 at the note A4
Maximum 107.9 "" "F6
Average 98.85

- Standard Compact
Color: Magenta
Weight: gr. 301
Construction date: 05/02/14
Minimum 69.7 at the note B4
Maximum 106.7 "" "F6
Average 97.2

Having no claim to the test with an absolute value, try getting together the tools of some manufacturers:

- Maparam Alto C
Weight: gr. 252
Minimum75 at the note A4
Maximum 104.1 "" "B5
Average 94.95

- Menaglio C3
Weight: gr. 169
Italian 10-hole fingering
Minimum 84.3 at the C5 note
Maximum 106.5 "" "F6
Average 97.65

- Jade Everett High C
Weight: gr. 205
11 holes fingering eastern
Minimum 74.3 at the note B4
Maximum 103.4 "" "B5
Average 93.23

Some will say that these data are of little use. I am convinced that serve to improve the balance of tones.
For example, I found that the small Ultra Compact (which is appropriate for the genre "Quiet ocarina") is the only one that exceeds 100 decibels on the note D6 (left thumb hole)
Even the Menaglio exceeds 100 decibels on the note D6, too bad that this is possible with a double breath pressure compared to all the others.
If someone has their opinion, is welcome.
Even if you know like the colors.
Edited by tytoalba, 23 Jun 2014, 03:33 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ