Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Giorgio Cataldi/Tytoalba ocarinas; news molds AC
Topic Started: 2 Sep 2011, 11:22 AM (23,551 Views)
tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Sorry, I could not receive any message on FB. Among other things I do not find any "Wulfthari" user on FB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wulfthari
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
This is just a nickname for this board, as you didn't answer to my message I assume you don't want to sell me for some reasons, fair enough.
Edited by Wulfthari, 4 Dec 2016, 07:09 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I insist that the message did not I ever received. You can not even tell me by what name have you sent the message. You have serious problems!

Wulfthari
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
tytoalba
4 Dec 2016, 03:53 PM
You have serious problems!
I think this says it all.

It's kind of sad...you might be the best ocarina maker of the world, but if this the way you treat people that's irrelevant.

:/
Edited by Wulfthari, 4 Dec 2016, 07:09 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

I still do not understand. If you tell me which account you sent the message on FB; I'm going to see between the friend requests. I do not readily assent to the demands of friendship. I learned the hard way, do not trust people who do not know. All this due to the fact that, both in Facebook, is within Milliman of TON are some who do not have the courage to present through its real identificazione.Tutto this could ignore it, if it were not for the fact that I made a bad experience receiving an order for two ocarinas. This order remained unfilled due to the disappearance into thin air of the applicant. Now, if you deem offensive my request, I can not help it.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
(deleted my comment)
Edited by Daniel, 11 Dec 2016, 11:07 PM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
These are the latest Alto "C" for the year 2016 ..
Spoiler: click to toggle

Old T.

Bulb T.

Italian T.

Sweet Potato IV

They all have a pure sound

acox
Andy Cox
love the latest "Alto C"
Giorgio,

It is apparent that you make numerous molds. What have you determined the shape of the various ocarinas have on the sound--What major differences in timbre do you attribute to the various shapes?

Andy
Edited by acox, 11 Dec 2016, 12:57 AM.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

The shape affects so on timbre. Much more important is the type of voicing group. The form can help the efficiency of the system when drilling the other ten holes

acox
Andy Cox
wish I could speak Italian! I suppose you are searching for a sound you prefer and the various changes you are making are being made for a particular timbre. One time you spoke of ocarinas having more overtones than others. Possibly this is what you are searching?

Yes the voicing is the key. I'm still experimenting but sadly do not make sufficient number of notes!

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

The contribution of the form on timbre, is marginal. I can say, because I have made dozens of different molds. We must insist in achieving unabated, many voicing. The basic data is in your possession.

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Ready for shipment.

In the order from the top:
-Alto "A" 10 holes with Italian fingering chart;
-Alto "C" 11 holes;
-Alto "C" 12 holes, extreme "Quiet"

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

HI
I propose again every now and then, apparently the same ocarinas. in fact, in this lot I have slightly modified the internal fluid dynamics. I regularly excavated the interior of the chamber, without using the "countermold". This is to know the level of influence on the physical and sound characteristics of the instrument.
It is a batch of 4 ocarina "Alto C": 3 Sweet Potatoes + 1 "Yamato"

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
It's been a few years since I used this "AC Italian mold". Maybe three or four, I do not remember. I only know that it was an adventure and a considerable effort. The Italian fingering not sparing anyone when you dare add two sub holes at classical scheme with 10 holes and the damn hole of me on the left little finger. I realized a single specymen and exchanged with an ocarina to 11 holes, with Jade Everett. The result was a tool that, while playing all the notes, he needed a compressor to get in tune notes. Today the required pressure is about one fifth of that .. The MI Alto (E6) hole remains very wide. impossible and stupid not to make it oval. At the end of drying the final considerations.
Edited by tytoalba, 20 Mar 2017, 11:00 PM.

tizianoj
Member Avatar
Beginner
Wow, I love the shape of last ones.... the "drop" is very useful in placing the thumb when playing D note (I have it in a Menaglio too, I love it)

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 2
So sorry to revive this thread, are you still making instruments?

tytoalba
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 2

Hi
If you have the chance, log in to Facebook.
You will see updates to my situation.
https://www.facebook.com/giorgio.cataldi.18

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Thanks! I sent you a friend request.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ