Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Have your Xun and play it too!
Topic Started: 26 Jul 2011, 01:23 AM (2,660 Views)
Xun
Double Ocarinist
This thread sprouted from another thread about Xun. Here's the situation, you bought a Xun but you're having a tough time trying to play it. You can play the first few notes, but all the higher pitches won't make a sound and you're getting dizzy from blowing way too much air. Well I have a tried and true method that will get you playing your Xun and you'll be amazed at the sweet sound this instrument can produce. So read on...

Click to read Xun's ultra secret playing technique...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DustyLad
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 4
You know what? I actually hit that highest *note with the straw :D
I could not get this straw i have now to flatten the way i want, but i took the straw itself without folding it and placed it along the edge of the hole and.. Ta daa!
Now i know that everything works well, just have to get that embouchure down :P, the toughest sounds to get off normally for me are the two thumb holes.

e
So the straw actually showed how i had to blow to get those last two notes to come out, keeping my lips the same i had to bring the top of my mouth to the bottom most part of the blow hole, i can now do it without the straw (have to increase breath pressure more) but it will take some practice to get it down 100%.

Thanks again for the help pal ^^, i'm sure this will help others who still have trouble.

Ah forgot to add that i'm using this chart to play, hopefully the seller of the Xun can provide me with a chart just to be sure, but everything sounds good when i use this one.
my thanks to the man who put this together.
http://www.goamcan.com/lessons/Xun-01.html
Edited by DustyLad, 26 Jul 2011, 02:25 AM.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

That's what Geotjakra from the forums did on his homemade Xun. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeKNbGzmHA0&list=UUjvuRYCeagjc

DustyLad
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 4
Pretty cool, looks strange with the mouth piece on ^^.

A few hours ago i contacted the ebay store i bought the Xun from and they were nice enough to send me a fingering chart, according to this chart i should play this one more linear.
I cleaned up the chart so that i could print it out.
Posted Image
And an Image of the Xun i own, store image but it's the exact same one, image pulled off when i bought it.
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww13/Yinvis/XunImage.png
Edited by DustyLad, 26 Jul 2011, 05:45 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Instruments And Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ