Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Antplat/Rauntplat; Russian instrument maker
Topic Started: 1 Apr 2011, 08:32 AM (1,419 Views)
crumpy
Member Avatar
very very crumpy
So it seems there are probably about 3-4 refernces to this guys ocarinas on this forum since genesis. So I thought I'd create a thread for him since I can't find one.

Here is his blog (called Antplat). use google translate or something if you can't make heads or tails of it.

And here is his YouTube Channel (called Rauntplat)

He makes many ancient style instruments but most interestingly "Classic Italian form" ocarinas and a double chamber harmonising ocarina which he calls the "temnolesskaya bagpipe" There are dozens of videos of them on both his blog and his Youtube channel.

Here is his latest video which prompted me to make this thread.

Spoiler: click to toggle

And here is a video of him playing one of his single chambered Ocs (he starts 'growling' at 2.45!)

I doubt anyone here has bought from him before but I certainly intend to at some point. I'll email him soon.

Anyway, thoughts? Info?

P.s. I know Russia is technically mostly in Asia, but most of the population are in Europe. And as I understand, those that are in Asia don't actually consider themselves asian.
Edited by crumpy, 1 Apr 2011, 08:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
Old. Just really, really old. Also tired.
We were talking about these I think a year or so ago, but nobody could figure out how to order, or even if you can.

crumpy
Member Avatar
very very crumpy
On his blog, there is a link that google translates as "Workshop in touch". Click this link and it takes you to THIS PAGE.

On this page it explains that he does world wide delivery, gives you contact details and lists the instruments available by order, which includes...

Quote:

Ceramic:
- Ocarina, classical (all sizes and tonalities)
- Whistles
- Double Ocarina (temnolesskaya bagpipe)

Here are some pictures of the mentioned Ceramic whistles...

Edited by crumpy, 2 Apr 2011, 08:28 AM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

He says he's in Kazakhstan, not Russia.

crumpy
Member Avatar
very very crumpy
Where did he say that? His website says Novorossiysk Russia. And that is listed as his hometown on the You tube channel.

Have you spoken with him?

Jhaemes
Member Avatar
wow

I've sent an email about possibly ordering a Double Ocarina and how much shipping to the UK would cost.

I'll keep you informed when I get a reply.

Edited by Jhaemes, 2 Apr 2011, 08:20 PM.

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

I'd be very interested in one of his single chambered Ocarinas, they sounds pretty good as far as I can tell from the video!! I'll send him an Email! :)

crumpy
Member Avatar
very very crumpy
I asked him a few questions and suggested he check out the forum and this thread.

He replied saying that he registered and will answer our questions soon. win.

Philip
Member Avatar
KypSyd

Has anyone purchased an ocarina from them yet?

I would love to purchase one of their doubles but I would like to get some feedback from someone who has purchased one before making the leap as they are quite expensive ocarinas

They seem to have this ancient, soothing quality...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ