Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Learning to play 12 hole C ocarina; Mezzetti book is a bit confusing
Topic Started: 5 Oct 2010, 06:34 PM (2,525 Views)
cameronhirsch
Beginner
Hey everyone, I have an alto C ocarina and have been trying to learn to read sheet music for it. The problem is that I am a bit confused about the sub holes, I was told using the book found here Mezzetti method book would work. The book seems to be made for 10 hole sweet potato ocarinas and I have a 12 hole, so what do I do with the sub holes then? Is there a chart someone could suggest that has the fingerings for each note for a 12 hole? I'm sorry about all the questions but I have no idea how to read music, and the instruction book that came with my ocarina is all tablature. I searched the forum and didn't find an answer, but I may have just been searching with the wrong terms.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pix
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Depends on how the fingering is done on your ocarina. If it's a Focalink, I can post a scan of the fingering chart that came with mine.

Sigurthr
Member Avatar
Flutist and Ham Radio Operator. Talarđu Íslenska?

The subholes are only used for notes below Low C, so don't worry about them at all, the mezetti book will work just fine for you.

Subhole useage:
they are covered after all others are covered to descend the scale below the lowest tonic note: On a taiwanese style (one for each hand) 12 hole you cover the right middle finger one first for B, then the left middle finger one for A. Bb (b-flat) is obtained by using the left middle finger subhole first instead of the right. Japanese subholes simply move the left hand's middle finger subhole to the right hand index finger, it's usage is exactly the same though.

Krešimir Cindrić

Yes, I have to agree, the Mezzetti book is really great. It can also be purchased in printed version from Rotter's ocarinashop.net.

It is identical to the one in PDF from Pacchioni's Biblioteca.

cameronhirsch
Beginner
Thanks everyone, it is an echo from stl. I am ordering a new ocarina from Mr.Hind soon.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ