Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Comprehensive ocarina glossary?!; We need one!
Topic Started: 10 Feb 2010, 10:57 PM (14,021 Views)
l3antha
Member Avatar
Star Wars Elephant
I like the term duplet as well, especially because it nullifies possible confusion with the term "double" being used to refer to ocarinas with two chambers for increased range.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

speckles
Member Avatar
Ive been hypnotized

This is excellent, Panch. :D

I'm pinning it. I somehow missed it before, and I don't want that to happen to others.

maria
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Panch
10 Feb 2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, my main goal isn't the range so much as components of the ocarina, identifying types of ocarina, and such, which should make describing them in detail and recognising them much easier.
I'd be willing to collaborate as well.

This might not help but, I found this post along with nice pictures of the different parts of the ocarina and put it on my blog. It's translated into English so some of the names might be a little off. Here's the link:

Ocar: Anatomy of the Ocarina

Song of cupcakes
Member Avatar
Happy with my progress
think this would be a beautiful thing. :D

LizaBeMore
Beginner
Hi, just coming in from the recorder world where things are named a little differently. Just for reference, The part you call the fipple in your diagram is called a plug in the recorder and Native American flute world, and the little knife edge that makes the sound is called the fipple there.
LizaBeMore
25 Aug 2011, 10:38 PM
and the little knife edge that makes the sound is called the fipple there.
So went back to double check myself and I must appologise for the wrong info. The fipple is the same as the block as you pointed out in your diagram. The fipple is NOT the sharp edge that creates the vibrations. So sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Please feel free to delete that erroneous post.
Edited by LizaBeMore, 26 Aug 2011, 08:12 AM.

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Bump for Chris.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ