Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New site; new photographs of latest work
Topic Started: 14 Dec 2009, 02:36 PM (1,934 Views)
terryriley

hi TON,
just to let you all know I am now posting my latest work on Flickr.
This is not a selling site but a gallery of photographs.

as a solo designer /maker there is not a vast stock available but these photos show what can be achieved in a concert pitch ocarina instrument.

When you find an instrument of choice, email me and I confirm the costs of instrument and mailing. When agreed then I email a PayPal invoice. Upon confirmation from PayPal I then mail the instrument and email the buyer.

I have found this a happier method for all, plus better prices!
happy playing to all
Terry Riley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nixie
Double Ocarinist x 2
what about a link?!

This?

Very nice if so.
Edited by Nixie, 14 Dec 2009, 02:54 PM.

Crowler
Member Avatar
emergency medical hologram
There are some really nice ocarinas in here, especially the lower ocarinas. I'd kind of like the try a Terry Riley twelve-hole, too!

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
Oh, wow! I didn't even know Terry Riley made 12-hole ocarinas till now!

HieronRemade
Member Avatar
Defender of Hyrule
Wow you have some gorgeous ocs there! I'd really prefer to have a price ahead of time though; I don't like shopping blind!

Nixie
Double Ocarinist x 2
The variety of glazes available are awesome!
Edited by Nixie, 14 Dec 2009, 03:33 PM.

terryriley

Hieronremade:
Hi,
thank you for your comments.
Flickr.com do not allow prices to be posted as it is not a selling site, it is a gallery of work.
When an enquiry email is sent to me, the price of each instrument and post and packing is in the return email.

Only when this agreed upon then an invoice is sent via PayPal and not before.
cheers ,
Terry
Nixie:
thank you for your comment about my glazes. I do change them annually as the ingredients from the suppliers are not always consistent. Plus I enjoy mixing them in different proportions, fantastic when successful..!
cheers,
Terry
Edited by terryriley, 14 Dec 2009, 03:47 PM.

terryriley

Walden:
Hi, I have been making them for a long time now. but I have noticed a new surge of interest in the twelve hole.
Cheers,
Terry

Crowler
Member Avatar
terryriley
14 Dec 2009, 03:46 PM
Walden:
Hi, I have been making them for a long time now. but I have noticed a new surge of interest in the twelve hole.
Cheers,
Terry
I was wondering if I might ask here, as I'm sure quite a few other people will be interested, but how much are your twelve-holes?

I was also wondering if you're be able to glaze the twelve-holes in colours besides blue.

terryriley

Crowler:
Thank you for your appreciation.
I am in the middle of making a new batch of twin chambered instruments at the moment, followed by a lot more Tenor G fish.
no rest for the happy
cheers
Terry
Crowler:
I can glaze any of my ocarinas in any colour.If there is a particular shade you require then I will do my very best to oblige.
The only previso is that I used reactive glazes, dependent on heat of kiln, placement of instrument in kiln,eg top shelf as opposed to lower shelf , the colours may not be exactly the same each time.
cheers,
Terry
Edited by terryriley, 15 Dec 2009, 09:25 AM.

Crowler
Member Avatar
Thank you, Terry! I might give you an email a bit after Christmas. I'd really like to try one of your ocarinas.

terryriley

Crowler:
sorry for delay in replying.
I was searching for the price list which was still in the stock box. I have just returned from a very successful Christmas show and have not unpacked yet!
Just getting on with making the next batch of mail-orders.
My show price for a twelve hole Tenor F or G is £230.00 GPB. The additional post and packing price is dependent on where in the world it is to be mailed and if a recipient wants it special delivery or what ever postal option is valid. some are airmail, some Fedex.
Like I said to HeironRemade, which ever instrument is wanted, I require the country of customer, so that I can add the relevant mailing cost. This is why it is variable.
I hope this is of some use to you?
As I am new to TON, I am not sure if 'my profile' has my email address open for member use?
cheers,
Terry
Crowler:
like I said I am not sure if my email is open to members, if not I can put it here in fast reply?
I look forward to hearing from you after the festivities!
cheers,
Terry
Edited by terryriley, 14 Dec 2009, 04:24 PM.

terryriley

hi TON,
now that I have finished my shows for 2009, I have more time to respond to enquiries on TON.
Thank you for your continued interest and happy playing to all
Terry Riley

terryriley

Hi Ton,
long time since I was last on here. extremely busy and successful couple of years.
taking time to chill a little now, as I am building another studio [apart from my London based studio] in the depths of middle France known as Centre, near the Loire valley.
I am still selling and exhibiting ocarinas at many top pottery festivals in the UK and have recently started a few shows in France.
I still however aim to keep up my mail order business, but as a necessity the making comes first! So, sometimes my response to email is a bit slow, I am not always in the office!
I am always happy to help with enquiries about my instruments, how they sound and the finish of different styles.
happy playing
Terry Riley

bluebell
Member Avatar
Compulsive collector
Hi Terry. Good to see you. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Its always concerning when we see things like the maparam situation. Very glad to see that a maker like yourself is doing well.

WindSong
Member Avatar

Hi Terry,
Sounds like you really have your hands full. I'm really glad that you are continuing your mail order business, since I'm way over here in Canada.

Your emails are appreciated regardless of when they arrive. :)

Sandra

terryriley

bluebell
4 Sep 2011, 01:43 AM
Hi Terry. Good to see you. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Its always concerning when we see things like the maparam situation. Very glad to see that a maker like yourself is doing well.
Bluebell:
Thank you for your response.
I have been making Ocarinas or Vessel Flutes since 1974, and even though I do less Pottery Festivals now [I used to do about 30 odd events per year] I find my email orders are really taking off, so seem to be busier than ever!
Have you looked at my gallery site on flickr?
check it out at
www.flickr.com/photos/terryrileyvesselflutes/
and drop me a direct email at
terry.vesselflutes@virgin.net as I look at my studio email most every day, unfortunately i don't always get to check out my TON as often as I would like. I missed one enquiry for a long time because I missed the thread, [all sorted now I'm pleased to say!]
happy playing,
Terry Riley
WindSong
4 Sep 2011, 05:48 AM
Hi Terry,
Sounds like you really have your hands full. I'm really glad that you are continuing your mail order business, since I'm way over here in Canada.

Your emails are appreciated regardless of when they arrive. :)

Sandra
Dear Sandra,
Good to see you on here, i didnt know from your emails to my virgin account that you were named Windsong on TON.
I am still making a selection of your choices for you so that I can post these freshly on my flickr site as well as sending you the final pictures via email.
then you can choose excatly which of these you finally want.
happy playing
Terry Riley
Edited by terryriley, 9 Sep 2011, 10:23 AM.

WindSong
Member Avatar

Hi Terry,
Quote:

I am still making a selection of your choices for you so that I can post these freshly on my flickr site as well as sending you the final pictures via email.

That's wonderful! You have caused a big smile on my face. I'll be happy to see them, whenever they are ready.

Thanks for the lovely customer service.

terryriley

WindSong
9 Sep 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Terry,
Quote:

That's wonderful! You have caused a big smile on my face. I'll be happy to see them, whenever they are ready.

Thanks for the lovely customer service.
Hi Windsong,
Thanks for your comments. It helps to make it worthwhile, I can't imagine ever not making Ocarinas, and it is wonderful to be so appreciated.
Thanks for the heads up on my flickr site, I've gone ahead and done what you asked for!
back to the central heating [little job crept in before the cold sets in!]
happy playing
Terry

terryriley

Hi every one at TON, sorry if there is a delay in replying to enquiries or posted comments on TON.
I am now back in France, with very limited wifi down at a local café. So a weekly visit will be about it while I get my French studio up and running.
Best anticipate supplies of Ocarinas winging their way to you at the end of October, when I am back in my London studio.
Happy playing to all
Terry Riley

WindSong
Member Avatar

Hi Terry,
I can't believe how busy you've been. Thanks for the update.

Best wishes with your French studio!

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

I just got my new pendant from Terry Riley. I haven't played it for very long, but I already love it. The tone is very sweet. It is bright but not piercing. I got a Soprano Bb in the malachite glaze. Not only does it sound good, but it looks great too. It is now my favourite pendant. Terry is a very nice guy to deal with and he answers all questions you may have. I will definitely buy from again.

Here's a pic of my new ocarina:
Spoiler: click to toggle

terryriley

hi Jubal,
I am glad your Malachite Bb arrived safely and delighted you are enjoying it so.
Thank you for posting a photograph of it here on TON.
Happy playing
Terry Riley

terryriley

Hi to Ton,
I have now finished my shows and events for 2011.
I'm taking a few weeks off to recuperate and then make more Ocarinas for next years shows!
there is always the possibility that I'll have a bit more time for a short while to check into TON and see what's happening.
Happy holidays to all
best wishes
Terry Riley

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ