Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
An electric ocarina?; Any ideas?
Topic Started: 28 Nov 2009, 11:32 PM (4,991 Views)
SecristOcarina
Pendant Ocarinist x 4
It's no surprise to find electric ocarinas being talked about here. However, I'm preparing to launch a kickstarter to produce my own unique ocarina. My stretch goal will be intended to fund the design of my own electric ocarina. But mine will have some interesting features I haven't seen discussed here... I'm not going to give it all away until my launch, but here are some interesting facets of my design:

- Incorporates lights, a speaker, a headphone jack, a USB port, a camera, an LED Flash/flashlight, and a variety of sensors and displays

- Will work with free cross-platform software (PC/Mac/Android/iOS)

- Will be capable of teaching you how to play whatever song you like

- Will sound like a real ocarina, or anything else you can imagine

- Will cost around $500

This will be the first place I announce my digital ocarina. It will also be the first place I introduce Secrist Custom Ocarina :) But SecristOcarina.com and CustomOcarina.com are the URLs for my store, although it isn't live yet. I can't wait to share with you all!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Hi SecristOcarina,

that sounds amazing, except of the price. ☺
And a camera?

Do you think about a cheaper version without the "not so necessary" features?
Than i will be the first who funds you. 😁

Really i think the most important things for an ocarina player will be
1. headphones to play without disturbing anyone
2. a good soundfont and blowing effects to sound like a real one
3. the possibility to switch the pitch and the octave

You would be the first, who made this dream come true.
All japanese would probably buy one, because they can't practice in their small appartments without disturbing their neighbors.

So please think about 2 versions. A cheaper one with only the keyfeatures and if you like your super-duper version 😄

Wow really interested to hear more infos from you.

SecristOcarina
Pendant Ocarinist x 4
I've done a lot of revisions and I'm about ready to begin building it. I scaled the price goal back to $100 and removed several unecessary features and added quite a few more to the software. I think I can make a working prototype with an arduino type set up so that I have something to show for a kickstarter video.

Dirk Ocarina
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Yeah,

that sounds awesome. i am very interested if it is a little similiar to my version. If you need help with your arduino setup or software please ask me. I will share all my hard collected knowledge with you :)
If you dont want to make it public, you can write via email: tomaten-saft@web.de

Thanks alot that you want to start that project professionally.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Ocarina Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ