Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mountain Ocarinas; Quality durable inline ocarinas
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM (38,223 Views)
EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
This is very exciting, as I would love to learn inline playing, and though I've ordered the C & G set from MO, there has been a snag in shipping (tracking says delivered, office never got it, I have nothing). Very distraught, really, as I also ordered several books, and the whole thing has disappeared! I really like the idea of an extended range inline that doesn't require back and forth like a double ocarina. The patent pictures that someone posted a long time ago here show a wonderfully innovative design. I'm definitely on the bandwagon in wanting one of these, particularly if they are priced as much lower from the earlier estimate as it seems they will be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
YES! It was found. Huuuge relief. Took the Post Office 5 days to figure out where my package was. It's waiting for me at the apt. office when I get home. Let me say that Mountain Ocarina was AMAZING from a customer service standpoint. After contacting, the Post Office, my actual mail carrier, my apartment office and so on, I called MO to let them know what was going on. I talked to Susan, who is lovely. She said they would completely refill the order at no extra charge to me, if it wasn't found by the end of the week. Now, THAT is standing behind your work. Fortunately, it won't be necessary! Looking forward to trying everything out when I get home. Got the poly C and G, the curriculum and several ocarina-friendly song books (love sheet music, and I've been practicing my transverse ocarina with old violin practice books and hymnals, but the range can be an issue). I've gone back to being excited!

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Thanks, Harp Player! That's pretty impressive, really. I've now spent about an hour total playing with them, split between the C and G. I still get that buzz/hiss sometimes, as I'm not completely sure how much breath to use on these versus my transverse. However! I played scales and Joy to the World (from the fingering chart) and Greensleeves (from sheet music) on the G for a friend at work today, and she said both songs were recognizable without me telling her the title before I played. So, yay! :)

I really love the portability of the poly inlines. I hate things around my neck, though, so I will be sewing little pouches for them so I can throw them in my purse and not have them rattle against my keys.

Anyone else made a case/bag for theirs?

EriChanHime
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist x 4
That makes me feel better. :) It's like I can make the right sounds sometimes, then other times it does have that odd change in tone. I notice it especially when I play songs that have high and low notes; the tonal quality is different between the two hole lines. Something to work on! I'm pleased to know that it's not just me, and that it goes away with practice.

I don't remember if it was this board or the MO one, where someone said they prefer whichever one they're playing at the moment! I think I feel the same way, although I do gravitate towards lower instruments most of the time. I'm pleased with the sounds on both the C and G, and I think I will happily swap back and forth depending on the character of the song. I'm trying to play every song on both (plus the transverse). :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ