Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mountain Ocarinas; Quality durable inline ocarinas
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM (36,327 Views)
Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Whoah, that's spectacular! I'm in shock! Now I feel kind of dumb for wondering about how MO was doing and about the progress of the double/PR over on that sale thread... This is really great to hear, and I'm definitely wishing Karl the best of luck. I'm looking forward to their release, especially after such a long time spent in development - as Harp Player said, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I haven't acquired any new ocarinas for a while, but this is definitely something that I'll keep my eye on - it's too momentous to pass up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Huh. It looks interesting, and I'm really glad that Karl's getting a bit closer to finishing it and advancing his business. I'll definitely be interested to see how the fingering system works on it. I can't see that many more holes, so maybe it relies on half-holing or overblowing? I don't know, but I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Yeah, the patent looks like it's for split holes. That's interesting. Can't wait to see his future progress. Shouldn't be too long by now.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
Damn, it's pretty close. I hardly ever come on, it's great to see everything new that happens each time. $50 is a fantastic price, but I thought I heard somewhere that it would be closer to, like... $100? Don't quote me on that, I'm not at all sure. But even $100 is very decent, to be fair, and I could see a relatively low price considering that the polycarbonate models in the past have been... VERY reasonable, to put it plainly. Just... super accessible prices. Very nice. Meaning that this one might actually be a decent bargain as well. Excited to see it getting closer after all this time, anyway.

Amerred
Member Avatar
Can't play pendants
That's a great price! I mean, as far as a brand new, innovative double is concerned. He really does a lot for the ocarina community in his own way. I mean, I'm not sure how much it influences everyone in Europe or Asia, but I think he does really great things. He's very affordable, welcoming of new people, and he's actively working on his own to advance the ocarina technology we have. What a guy!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ