Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mountain Ocarinas; Quality durable inline ocarinas
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM (38,248 Views)
Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
I have an MO Poly G (wife Patty plays that now), an MO Poly C, which I LOVE, and an STL 12 Hole Zelda replica, which I am getting better on each day. Like a lot of folks, I am waiting with baited breath for the MO ProRange! I really don't care how much it costs, it is something I HAVE to have!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Nephiel
12 Dec 2012, 01:40 AM
The Pro Range is the upcoming model of Mountain Ocarina. It hasn't been released yet, most of the information about it is just speculation. It has a greater range than the current models, so supposedly it is a multiple chamber.
As far as anybody knows, it is supposed to be a single chambered inline ocarina with a two octave range. I don't know if that is possible or if so how, or if that is correct. That is the scuttlebutt. Karl Ahrens has a video on their business challenges to get the ProRange into production, but I have seen a June 2012 web posting that he is working on getting the ProRange into production.

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Well, judge the tone of the poly MO-C in this video - it sounds good to me, in fact for this tune, I really prefer it to my 12 hole transverse ocarinas. The "brighter" or "brasher" tone fits many tunes well. This has the low C and low B, which are not "buzzy" at all. I did this last February, about 5 months after starting to play, and even then I had no trouble with the low notes - this has the low B, achieved by underblowing the C fingering. Like everything else, it is a matter of practicing these notes. I now get a considerably better tone on my poly MO-G, and have been thinking about recording The Ash Grove with a guitar accompaniment. Ubizmo is the acknowledged master of the MOs, and I challenge anyone to criticize the tone of the MOs when he plays them.

Edited by Pat Anderson, 13 Jul 2013, 04:54 PM.

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
I'm on Karl's waiting list, and price may seem astonishing, but it is two octaves with no chamber switching, the design does it by the fingering. I can hardly wait.

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
The way I see it, you can spend $400 on one ocarina or $100 apiece on four ocarinas. No difference. And I am WAY behind you guys on spending on ocarinas! This one is a "must have" for me!

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Yes, indeed, you can see the innovation in this instrument. One windway that splits to the two chambers, bisected tone holes, so no back and forth on windways for chamber switching, just which part of the tone hole you cover.

Posted Image

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
I'll let you all know how it goes when I get my ProRange! I am having a HELL of a time with my ICO double, chamber switching is NOT intuitive and I doubt I will ever be able to play tunes fluidly with chamber switching! Sticking for the time being with my With Ocarina, STL/TNG DIY and Night by Noble single chamber 12 holes and limiting my tunes to those that I can fit within their range FOR NOW!!

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Mark Chan
15 Jul 2013, 04:44 AM
Aaaaand I just placed an order for the Poly G+C set. :)
Way to go, Mark! Let us all know how it works out, I for one LOVE the MO poly G and C!

Pat Anderson
Member Avatar
Triple Ocarinist x 2
I have been on the "waiting list" for the ProRange for a couple of years now, still waiting, I have an email or two from Karl thanking me for my patience...I do wonder whether we will ever actually see it or not now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ