Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mountain Ocarinas; Quality durable inline ocarinas
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM (38,253 Views)
spiritsword88
Poet
Recently I picked up a Hind alto sweet potato and a Focalink pendant, before then I had only played the C and G MO. I love the Hind and the pendant, but I still love my MOs just as much if not more. The texture of the Mountain Ocarina tone is something I've become addicted to, the notes on other ocarinas are nearly too pure to me in many ways. I really enjoy playing a lot of fast paced Celtic music, and I think the MO is better equipped for that sort of music in many ways. But as ubizmo and others have stressed, it takes a lot of practice to get the hang of the MO. You have to grow into it, it doesn't start out sounding good. I was extremely disappointed the first few days I had mine, it took me awhile to get it to sound better than a dollar store recorder. But after a few days it was sounding good, and after 6 or 8 months it was starting to sound really good -- if you like the sound of these ocarinas from skilled players, just stick to it and you'll get the hang of it eventually. And don't do what I did -- it took me a long time to realize that the high D and E were "reversed" so I had been half holing the left thumb-hole to get the D in tune... silly me...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ