Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mountain Ocarinas; Quality durable inline ocarinas
Topic Started: 20 Nov 2009, 04:02 PM (36,313 Views)
Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Very easily portable Ocarinas.

Unique tone, which isn't the first tone I'd like people to hear when I first play them an Ocarina, but its grown on me. :)

The main thing that bugs me about them is the two holes underneath (to fit in with usual transverse Ocarinas) should be reversed.

As my Polycarbonate G is falling apart now (glue is just disappearing in some places), I might upgrade it to a wooden model.

The C Ocarina to me feels more unfinished than the G one does, especially with the "missing" hole.

Overall I am happy with them as they are so easy to travel with, no worries about it swinging and breaking. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

damiel71
3 Apr 2010, 12:08 PM
... i can't see or hear nothing strange in this instrument ...
Double Negative FTW.

If one can not see nothing, then they can see something.

(I'm such a picky picky)

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

Having tried the Warmstone (and thus the hardwood as they are the same design) I can thoroughly say that I prefer the Poly design of mouthpiece and recessed thumbholes, but more so the mouthpiece.

I find the mouthpiece of the Warmstone too rounded and it feels like its trying to force its way out of your mouth.

I would like a Warmstone in the future, but only if Karl could do one that had a Poly design on at least the mouthpiece which I don't think Karl would/could do. :/

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

iBookworm
18 Mar 2011, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know anything about the ProRange? Are they still working on it? I couldn't find anything on their forums. I pulled out my old poly G today and got a big kick out of it. It's a great little oc. It just needs more range. A lot more range. The lack of range was frustrating before I started playing doubles and triples, and now it feels like I'm playing less than half an instrument. I would LOVE a double Mountain oc. The unique tone, the nimbleness, and the low breath pressure requirement (I'm not sure why it seems to have a reputation for needing high pressure) make it really fun to play.

I do hope the ProRange is in C, though. I've always found the high notes on my poly G to be uncomfortable and tend to avoid playing them indoors (and I rarely play outdoors), which limits my range further. This problem could be compounded in even a C double. Also, it would really need to be able to go two notes below the tonic. I tend to use those lowest notes more than the highest notes on my doubles.
The pro-range is in C so I was told around the time Karl was actively working on it.

However I would rather it in G. X_X

I think its pointless in C as the MO C is pretty rubbish tbh. (Although it served a nice purpose in David's video today)

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

ubizmo
19 Mar 2011, 02:14 AM
Concerning the C versus the G, I don't think the C is rubbish at all, but I do find the G more responsive and easier to control. I actually started out playing the C almost exclusively, then switched. I play both, but favor the G.
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh, but it just seems so unfinished to me... :giveup:

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar

Sigurthr
27 Mar 2011, 07:51 PM
I remember a time when Ubizmo had avatars, both here and on C&F. I still remember those sandals.
XDD

Or this one?

Posted Image

Don't even ask how or why I have that saved on my PC. XD
Attached to this post:
Attachments: avatar_3010199.jpg (4.84 KB)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ