Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ocarina - Sweet Potato - 8 hole; First Ocarina
Topic Started: 2 Nov 2009, 11:52 PM (9,258 Views)
tw93aw
Beginner
Ok so i made the first step into playing the ocarina, by of course buying one, so i found this cheap one to get started

its a 8 hole sweet potato ocarina, 6 holes on top and 2 bottom
the real problem here is I'm not sure which finger chart to use for it

i found 1 which might or not help which is this one http://files.gregorybratton.com/8_hole_ocarina_fingering_chart.pdf

and another question, do peruvian ocarina have subholes or are all the holes the same size, by the way mine does have subholes

Attached to this post:
Attachments: ___49828___52884_.jpg (92.25 KB)
Attachments: GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg (30.05 KB)
Edited by tw93aw, 6 Nov 2009, 08:58 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
Peruvian 8-hole ocarinas don't have subholes. Here is the location of the chart and information you need: http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/6585469/1/#new

Uriyeah55
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
i have the same ocarina type

Cccranford
Beginner
We're can I find any tabs for 8 hole Ocarina
Edited by Cccranford, 11 Feb 2018, 08:27 AM.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
You'll probably have better success getting a 10 or 12 hole to start with.

I would recommend an Odami plastic ocarina (an excellent ocarina, better than many ceramics). https://www.etsy.com/listing/488813040/ocarinaplastic?ref=shop_home_active_15

Another recommendation is the Night by Noble (black or white versions only). Find it on Amazon.

You'll be sure to be in tune with those, and they're both standard 12-hole instruments, and come well recommended by the community (along with focalink plastic AC).

(Post edited, just realized this was a necro :-)
Edited by Daniel, 11 Feb 2018, 02:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Question and Answer · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ