Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Zin Ocarina; Korea
Topic Started: 22 Jul 2009, 04:59 PM (12,532 Views)
kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I was recently introduced to Zin Ocarina by my friend Ansangil:
http://zinocarina.com/

UPDATE: Their plastic models can be found for sale here:
http://stores.ebay.com/bokdung2

It came up in a conversation about plastic ocarinas.
He tells me that they have the BEST plastic ocarinas, made of polyurethane, which has a softer texture than other plastics and is high quality. He told me that their plastics are even better than Noble's.

Clay models:
http://zinocarina.com/shopping/shopping-index.php?c=50
Posted Image

Plastic models:
http://zinocarina.com/shopping/shopping-index.php?c=45
Posted Image

Don't you just love the music that plays in their website :)
Unfortunately I couldn't find an email address on their site anywhere, and asked Ansangil to give them a call for me to see if they're interested in going international. Don't get your hopes up though, nothing's for sure yet!
Edited by kissing, 14 Nov 2009, 12:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
Oooooooooohhhhh!

I hope they respond! :D

Skye
Member Avatar
Do what you will...
I want that song in the background NOW >.> anyway, their logo is cool XD and I love the look of them, they look cool, and I would love ta buy one.

delorean
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
kissing
22 Jul 2009, 04:59 PM
... and asked Ansangil to give them a call for me to see if they're interested in going international.
Go kissing! :thumbsup:

Verstand
Member Avatar
Ocarina Neophyte

I checked out the plastics and found a tenor c ocarina.

On the page it said '세계 최초 Tenor C Key 오카리나' , which google translated as World's First Tenor C Ocarina.

I HIGHLY doubt that. Can anyone contribute a better translation?

Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

Verstand
22 Jul 2009, 05:46 PM

On the page it said '세계 최초 Tenor C Key 오카리나' , which google translated as World's First Tenor C Ocarina.

I'm guessing that this is what everyone else calls a Bass C. It's technically correct, since it's strange that some just skip over Tenor by going from Alto to Bass.

As for these ocarinas, I'm highly interested in acquiring one! You can usually guess how high-quality an ocarina is by how refined its geometry is (a personal theory of mine) and by that assumption, these must be very good ocarinas.

(EDIT: The plastic Tenor C is about 60 dollars, and the clay Tenor C is around 150 dollars. If my theory about it being a bass is correct, then this really isn't that bad of a deal.)
Edited by Bateleur, 22 Jul 2009, 07:03 PM.

David F.
Will make ocarinas for food!

ooh i like! :fly:

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Verstand
22 Jul 2009, 05:46 PM

Probably means the first Plastic performance-quality Tenor C.

David F.

upon further inspection! the clay ocs look a tad bit like they were made of purple clay!
looks like the color of my purple clay oc!? hmm.. :?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I love the color selection on those. Lilac, sky blue, and lime green FTW!
Quote Post Goto Top

Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

Oh NICE! I like this, and thats a good start on mixing the english in, all though the order form is not in english and no paypal from what i can see... hmmm...

Dave

sycomyke
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 3
i love how the holes are grooved around them(in the first pic) for a more comfortable feel. And the subholes have grooves around them as well, which i think is excellent! those damn subholes!

Hershmaster47
Member Avatar
the ocarina student
:music: I want to get the backround music as mp3...

Verstand
Member Avatar
Ocarina Neophyte

That clay oc is very Maparam-ish. Argh! More ocarina brands for me to wrap me puny ape brain around!

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

I love that forest green tenor c...they're all nice looking ocarinas. And that music is beautiful
Edited by Everett Ocarinas, 22 Jul 2009, 10:40 PM.

David F.

Kalasinar
22 Jul 2009, 10:39 PM
I love that forest green tenor c...they're all nice looking ocarinas. And that music is beautiful
did u order from them! or sumwere else?

aznpnoikoji
Member Avatar
-= The Ghosting Ocarinist =-
very beautiful ocarinas and BGM..i hope they come out with a CD...man..i need to like....go to Korea....and hunt down all these Ocarina brands!!!! LoL...maybe someday, when i go there to train i'll find time to i dunno.....google map or sumthing HAHAHAHA

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

DAVIDxRULEZ
23 Jul 2009, 05:24 AM
Kalasinar
22 Jul 2009, 10:39 PM
did u order from them! or sumwere else?
Oh no i haven't got one, i was just looking around the site and came across the green one. If i could understand the language on there and they had paypal i'd probably buy an ocarina from them.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

aznpnoikoji
23 Jul 2009, 10:26 AM
very beautiful ocarinas and BGM..i hope they come out with a CD...man..i need to like....go to Korea....and hunt down all these Ocarina brands!!!! LoL...maybe someday, when i go there to train i'll find time to i dunno.....google map or sumthing HAHAHAHA
I can find you an address for the "Ocarina Museum" in Korea.
It's not a huge museum, but you can find all the Korean brand ocarinas in that one place.

That's where I got my sister to get me the Noble Plastic AC while she was there.
If only I knew about Zin ocarinas back then :shame: !!

Hershmaster47
Member Avatar
the ocarina student
:? So do they ship internationaly or what??
Edited by Hershmaster47, 23 Jul 2009, 09:13 PM.

aznpnoikoji
Member Avatar
-= The Ghosting Ocarinist =-
Kewl thenx Sam! i'll be sure to hit u up when the time comes, but for the mean time..if you or your sister happens to go to Korea anytime soon lemme knoe, maybe i can forward you some cash or sumthing LoL

delorean
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
The plastic one is also available at http://www.10holes.com/ocarina/f-zin.html

... but I think they don't sell outside Japan... :c

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

alright folks,

I just sent them an email ( zin@zinocarina.com ), expressing interest in his ocarinas (particularly the plastic models).

Maybe if anyone else interested sent emails too, perhaps they'll be even more convinced to set up globally :)

David F.

i also sent them an email! :D

Edit: still no reply =/
Edited by David F., 11 Aug 2009, 06:05 PM.

Veld
Member Avatar
Musicophilia
I also sent them an e-mail. I'm starting to be interested in plastic ocarinas.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

FYI: Zin Plastic ocarinas are available through this seller:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/bokdung2__W0QQ_armrsZ1

:fly:

David F.

i never received a reply from them! =( oh well at least we can buy the plastics! :D
Edited by David F., 15 Aug 2009, 09:01 PM.

Veld
Member Avatar
Musicophilia
I never received a reply as well. So I sent another e-mail yesterday :3

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

I just saw this thread! I am definitely interested, I would really like to get more ocarinas soon!

viperdvman
Member Avatar
Fledgling Ocarinist and Floutist
Their clay Tenor C (Bass C) seems to be a pretty good deal at 180,000 Won, and their plastic Tenor C even cheaper at 72,000. (yes, I know the conversion rate to US Dollars). That same plastic Tenor C does get a bit more expensive on ebay at $86 USD. That's about a $26 USD difference between ebay and Zin's website, but still a pretty good deal.

I can't seem to find anyone demonstrating a plastic Zin on Youtube, so I can't really judge these ocarinas very well.

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

viperdvman
1 Oct 2009, 08:36 AM
Their clay Tenor C (Bass C) seems to be a pretty good deal at 180,000 Won, and their plastic Tenor C even cheaper at 72,000. (yes, I know the conversion rate to US Dollars). That same plastic Tenor C does get a bit more expensive on ebay at $86 USD. That's about a $26 USD difference between ebay and Zin's website, but still a pretty good deal.

I can't seem to find anyone demonstrating a plastic Zin on Youtube, so I can't really judge these ocarinas very well.
There is one video i found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9p_h6JlNc

Sam also has a review (with sound samples) of the plastic soprano and tenor here http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/6733093/1/#new

And there is also a comparison to a plastic Noble by Pororo99 here http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/6723206/1/#new

In my opinion, Zin plastics are very good. I have the green soprano and i'm very impressed at its sound for a mere plastic ocarina, i was playing it all day yesterday when i recieved in in the post. Now i've ordered the alto c and the tenor c as well, as i believe they will be excellent ocarinas for travelling abroad on holiday (went on holiday this year without my ocarinas, which was quite painful, as i missed them).

courtandrich
Member Avatar
Custom Strawfire Muse
I'm confused. Kissing, isn't the green tenor the one you just got off of ebay and reviewed? If so, then people that want them can just buy them through ebay right?

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Yes, at the moment, the only real method is eBay.
That eBay store just got discovered at TON recently, so Zin ocarinas are fairly new for this community :)

You *could* buy straight from the seller, but you would have to get thru language barriers and bank-transfer payment method (?)

courtandrich
Member Avatar
Custom Strawfire Muse
haha, been to korea, have multiple contacts there... no prob :)
(Had a korean exchange student who is like my own daughter, and I actually tutor her sister and 3 cousins online twice a week!)
If I really wanted one I would pay them through paypal, then they would order it with their credit card and then send it to me. I think Koreans are among the nicest people in the world!!! I love Korea :)
Edited by courtandrich, 1 Oct 2009, 05:25 PM.

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
courtandrich
1 Oct 2009, 05:19 PM
haha, been to korea, have multiple contacts there... no prob :)
(Had a korean exchange student who is like my own daughter, and I actually tutor her sister and 3 cousins online twice a week!)
If I really wanted one I would pay them through paypal, then they would order it with their credit card and then send it to me. I think Koreans are among the nicest people in the world!!! I love Korea :)
Yes, well, isn't the guy you're talking to Korean?

courtandrich
Member Avatar
Custom Strawfire Muse
haha, I think he is! But I don't think he'd help me buy an overseas ocarina :)
Edited by courtandrich, 2 Oct 2009, 12:47 PM.

Krešimir Cindrić

I'm probably going to buy one of those Zin plastic sopranos in C, sooner or later. It would be nice to have a small, cheap, durable ocarina to carry around all the time. And I haven't heard of a better sounding plastic ocarina than Zin - I've heard Sam playing it on tinychat and, if I didn't know, I would say it's a clay ocarina.

It's a pity they make them in those ugly colours only - a black or white Zin plastic soprano C would be perfect and I would buy it right now. :)
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 2 Oct 2009, 01:15 PM.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

courtandrich
2 Oct 2009, 12:46 PM
haha, I think he is! But I don't think he'd help me buy an overseas ocarina :)
I'm very happy to help out.
Just send me a personal message about it :D

Quote:

I'm probably going to buy one of those Zin plastic sopranos in C, sooner or later. It would be nice to have a small, cheap, durable ocarina to carry around all the time. And I haven't heard of a better sounding plastic ocarina than Zin - I've heard Sam playing it on tinychat and, if I didn't know, I would say it's a clay ocarina.

I think you'll like the Zin SC.
They take stronger breath (at high notes) than other 12-hole Soprano C's I've used (Focalink, WPN, Maparam), which is why I sounded a bit flat that time I played on Tinychat.

It gives you good dynamics and you can play your heart out :D
Edited by kissing, 2 Oct 2009, 02:04 PM.

courtandrich
Member Avatar
Custom Strawfire Muse
wow, Kissing...thanks :)
Edited by courtandrich, 2 Oct 2009, 02:22 PM.

LRG_KID
Pendant Ocarinist
sweet zin plastic sop C is cheap on ebay about 28 dollars nice find Kissin...the green one is not that bad of a color

Ocarina12
Member Avatar
legendary ocarina knight
Wow very impressive looking and sounding what I have seen and I absolutely love the background music on the site I think I might just have that site up and running whenever I don't have something from youtube on lol. I might get one in the near future.
Edited by Ocarina12, 14 Nov 2009, 04:18 PM.

Crowler
Member Avatar
emergency medical hologram
Ngh... I'd really like one of their purple bass ocarinas~ I'm not sure I'd get a reply from them, though... Maybe I'll ask the guy at eBay (or buy a Noble bass).

Everett Ocarinas
Member Avatar
aka Kalasinar

I have to say that the Zin plastic alto is fantastic - and better than my clay STL Zelda tenor. As their plastics are so damn good, i bet their clay ocarinas are even better :) (really wants one of their clay ocs!)

Abreu
Member Avatar
The guy from Brazil

How do you buy from these korean sites? I'm just so lost there D=

Crowler
Member Avatar
emergency medical hologram
Abreu
16 Nov 2009, 08:02 PM
How do you buy from these korean sites? I'm just so lost there D=
You have two options...
1. Buy from the eBay store
2. Go blackmail Sam for help

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ