Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
PayPal Donations
Topic Started: 29 Jun 2009, 07:34 PM (58,073 Views)
Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

Nimue
20 Nov 2011, 02:24 AM
Dave, I can't find the exact post, but it was around the time Zetaboards went down. You took it upon yourself to make several calls on TON's behalf, and someone (I think it was Jack...??) suggested you might wish to be reimbursed and we were waiting to see. Obviously, you had different ideas! :)
Thanks for all the work you did for TON. Even though it was about 1000 years ago now, it was much appreciated.
I found it, it was Steve, not me, I never made any of the calls. But somehow got mentioned that I had.

Dave
Elven Spellmaker
8 Feb 2011, 01:05 AM
Nimue
6 Feb 2011, 10:59 PM
I would like to see this thread updated, when someone gets a chance.
Back when it was explained that Armisis would require reimbursement for several overseas phone calls, I began to get a bit nervous about TON's financial security. It was part of the reason I donated a percentage of the proceeds from ocarina sales. Obviously, there has been activity since July!
If the forum is going to be serious about asking for support, it would help to know exactly where it stands.
Steve will be reimbursed for the overseas calls if he so wishes.
At the moment he hasn't told me how much the calls were.

I am currently paying for the domain and will transfer the the money from the TON account to mine at some point. (I'm in no rush and its not that much for a domain.)

Sam has been taking the money out of the account for his Thailand trip.

TON is doing financially well at the moment (thanks to all your kind donations) and we aren't in danger of going into the red. :)

(The first post has been updated with up-to-date information)
This is the whole post...
Edited by Armisis, 20 Nov 2011, 02:31 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nimue
Double Ocarinist x 3
Well done. Thanks.

SashaBelle
Member Avatar
Beginner
I've got some cash to spare, and I am more than willing to help you guys out with costs, but I don't like the idea that PayPal is going to take some of it if you are using it as a wallet.
There should be a way (if you are willing to muck about to that degree) to actually create a bank account for The Ocarina Network. I think it requires 3 people to sign and be in charge of it and be able to draw out of it, etc. (at least in Australia) I know this because way back when I was in the Queensland Star Trek Club (try not to laugh) we had that setup. Seemed to work ok. Would this be too much trouble or not? It would require at least one person shouldering some heavy responsibility, but it might be a better way to dodge fees and make it easier for people to direct deposit or the like.
What do you think?
Would sending money (electronic, direct deposit or money order) to an admin be better....or will I just go ahead and feed the PayPal monster for now?

Prairie Wolf
Member Avatar
I'm convinced dogs unfurl their wings when we are not looking!
I went to Paypal to donate. I couldn't find a recurring payment option. Is this something you could set up? I think it would be a nice feature for those willing to donate monthly. I know I am given that option with other organizations I donate to and I quite like it. Just a thought...

Elven Spellmaker
Member Avatar
== Cirno -- Opinionated Baka ==

Prairie Wolf
3 Nov 2012, 09:05 AM
I went to Paypal to donate. I couldn't find a recurring payment option. Is this something you could set up? I think it would be a nice feature for those willing to donate monthly. I know I am given that option with other organizations I donate to and I quite like it. Just a thought...
I'm not sure how I would implement that through PayPal, maybe someone else knows how to?

Ocarinadiva
Member Avatar
Play what makes you happy. - Achint

Paypal will let you create various buttons and one of them is a subscription button. They like to hide where to edit the buttons so I have the page bookmarked : HERE.

Go there and create a button. For the type, choose subscription.

Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

The donation link at the bottom is broken or needs refreshed. :)

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

What do you mean by 'broken'? When I click on the donation link, it takes me to paypal.

Daniel
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 3
Could it be broken in a particular TON theme and not in others?

PappyBadger
Member Avatar
Keeper of Song & Time
Hmmm, works for me too. Try PMing kissing

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ