Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Island Ocarinas
Topic Started: 4 Feb 2009, 03:12 AM (3,593 Views)
Hunter
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist
I was browsing google and came across this ocarina site. I checked here at TON to see if I could find them in the Regional Focus section and I did not see them. I am assuming they are American because I could not find anywhere telling me where they were from. These Ocarinas look pretty good but I wonder if they sound good... I have not searched youtube yet.... Maybe I should start there.

Oh, and before I forget. Here is the link
http://islandocarinas.com/

Edited by speckles, 6 Apr 2013, 01:26 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kashu_okami
Member Avatar
Inline Ocarinist
According to their About section, the ocarinas are made on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The Home page has links that I think are sound clips, but my computer is giving me issues so I can't access them and say for sure. Is anyone else able to access them? The ocarinas certainly have an interesting look.

Walden
Member Avatar
An humble ocarina-player.
kashu_okami
4 Feb 2009, 03:58 AM
According to their About section, the ocarinas are made on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Yep. They are Canadian.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Looks like they remade thier site graphics. Looks wintery!
It is good to see that you can buy on-line now.
If I recall correctly, you could not before.
Quote Post Goto Top

MuteCivilian
Member Avatar
" "
They look like dumplings, they're probably delicious.

The harmony one's look really cool, but are tuned to a pentatonic scale. They'd be good for playing native american music.

Princess JennieO
Member Avatar
The Therian Ocarinist
looks more like the plastic they use in Mexico to make slingshots, and alas I couldn't hear a sound sample from these things
Edited by Princess JennieO, 4 Feb 2009, 07:08 PM.

Mikerules1
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
I know this is a dead :dead: :dead: thread but I just want to say that I bought an Island ocarina in the key of Bb but it hasn't come yet. I am planning on doing a review of it as soon as it comes. :D :D :D :D :boogie: :boogie:

Mikerules1
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Here's my review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRiq6na9UFc

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks for sharing! I've been curious about them for awhile now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mikerules1
Member Avatar
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
I highly recommend them if u don't mind high notes.

Achint
Member Avatar
Fat Mouse >^_^<

Looks like they were out of business but are now back in.
http://islandocarinas.com/

OberonOcarinas
Member Avatar
~•Ocarina maker•~

Ive been seeing them on ebay...alot. so theyve probably just been operating out of there in the past.
they look like a marblized polymer, but if theyre ceramic, they either went through a mix of mason stains or clay bodies.
neat look at any rate c:

IslandOcarinas
Member Avatar
Ocarina Crafter

Greetings,

Island Ocarinas are back, thanks for the compliments and good review. Most of what I've been making recently are marbled ocarinas, they are made out of a mix of clay bodies.

Gnomeish
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
I love the shape of these Ocarinas for pendents! I'm putting this on my list to buy for sure :) Since I'm from BC, I'm excited to get one and help support local business! The marble design is just beautiful.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I haven't seen much on ebay recently from Island Ocarinas, and the website still works but is outdated. Does anyone know how ordering works now or if they're still being made?

Bryce
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
They're on Etsy.

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Sorry to revive a dead thread: I just ordered one of these after seeing that balinese scales are well adapted to his instruments. He is sending me a pentatonic in Eb. Bright turquoise. Reasonably priced!

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
His ebay and Etsy stores say he's taking a break. Does he still make them by request?

Whynaut
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I believe that he’s selling his old stock. I went by what’s on his website. I just emailed him directly.

Tennyson
Member Avatar
Flutist
They are very beautiful and original ocarinas. :)

They are also quite 'solid' and they sound well.

At the level of aesthetics, the colours' combinations (at least in the 'older' models) are very very very very beautiful.

Actually, I have bought some of them, over time, and I was very happy with them.

Also the extended range models were quite well made and playing well. :)
Edited by Tennyson, 20 Jan 2018, 05:39 AM.

Kitten Forest
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist x 2
I convinced my mom to pick me up an SG from Island Ocarinas while she was in BC last week. I love it! It has that nice warm tone, extra subholes making the range from E to high B, one note short of a 12 hole SG, and I really like it. My mom said that he had some bass ones in for a reasonable price, so if you're looking for a bass pendant, I'd suggest you email Adrian. The glaze is a little streaky looking, but it gives it a more personal touch compared to large company made instruments. I would totally buy more if I could justify it!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · America Continent Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ