Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic. •
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Paparolo Ocarinas; From Spain
Topic Started: 20 Jan 2009, 11:47 PM (3,119 Views)
mondeva-2008
Inline Ocarinist x 3
I am surprised to discover that there there is an ocarina maker in Spain, where I live:

http://www.ocarinapaparolo.com/

I found it yesterday and I am tempted to order one of the ocarinas, but I'd like to know first if somebody owns one of them and how good they are.... any review of these ocs?

The prices are like other vendors', more or less. The only problem is that the key of the ocarinas is not very clear, I guess the "Ocarina Tenor C" is a Alto-C and so on, but it is a question to ask them by email.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeepRed
Member Avatar
Taking a break from Signature requests
I remember this website was mentioned here ages ago, but I don't know if anyone bought one.
Personally I find the website infuriating to the point where I give up even trying to price the ocarinas, let alone order one. I wish they'd fix it and trash the flash!
Edited by DeepRed, 21 Jan 2009, 12:00 AM.

mondeva-2008
Inline Ocarinist x 3
DeepRed:

Yes, I agree :)

hmmm... this makes me think that, since I'm a web developer, I could offer them to redesign their site in exchange for some ocarinas 8-)

Deleted User
Deleted User

I moved this topic to European Ocarinas!

I recall seeing the site, but I guess I lost my bookmark to it. -_-
Quote Post Goto Top

mondeva-2008
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Ah, ok! I was wondering where my post had gone :-)

Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

Nice, took me a while to figure out their website and find their prices and how to order, 90 Euro's isnt bad for the C, wish they had youtube of them playing though, but anyway I have too many ocarina already, the next one I get I want one of the insane ones that ocarina2008 shows on his youtube...

They are cool Ocarina from Spain though!!

Ninocarino
Member Avatar
Double Ocarinist
żDo you know another builder that makes the D major ocarina?

Angelodeath
Member Avatar
Is the Immortal Technique
OMG!! I went from their bright red page to the True Blue theme I used and was blinded!! :blink:

Their Asubio things seem interesting

Nephiel
Member Avatar
< ·:::. )
I have a small Paparolo asubio somewhere around home. Bought it from a street vendor in Santiago de Compostela.
It's a pendant-style ocarina with 4 holes on top and one on the bottom. Can't remember the fingering, though.

Edit: found it! it's this one.
Edited by Nephiel, 15 Jul 2010, 03:33 PM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

I sent the guy a note about how bloody awful his website was years ago. He'd asked me to link to his site.

Specifically, I pointed out that it was impossible for a blind person to use. Since there is no instrument easier for a blind person to pick up than the ocarina, this matters. I said that if he fixed the site to make it blind-accessible I'd include a link to it from my website, but not before.

I never got a reply.
Edited by Jack Campin, 28 Oct 2010, 09:24 PM.

Krešimir Cindrić

Oh yes, I hate those flash-only web pages. Even though it looks somewhat fancy (not really) it is horrible to use. I prefer the simpler design, with regular text, normal links, a few pictures and that's it. Much more comfortable to navigate. And that's a very good point about accessibility for blind people...

Appearance should never obstruct functionality!
Edited by Krešimir Cindrić, 28 Oct 2010, 12:31 PM.

Anto
Member Avatar
TheOcarinaComparator coming soon ^_^
Krešimir Cindrić
28 Oct 2010, 12:27 PM
Oh yes, I hate those flash-only web pages. Even though it looks somewhat fancy (not really) it is horrible to use. I prefer the simpler design, with regular text, normal links, a few pictures and that's it. Much more comfortable to navigate. And that's a very good point about accessibility for blind people...

Appearance should never obstruct functionality!
His website sure is ugly and unaccessible. There are some awesome looking flash websites, but this one is kinda very ugly. But not all flash sites are.

Jack Campin

I said that if he fixed the site to make it blind-accessible I'd include a link to it from my website, but not before.

I was just wondering, why is there no design on your website (if it's the one in your signature) ??
Edited by Anto, 28 Oct 2010, 08:41 PM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

There's no design because for what I'm doing, providing it would be a waste of time - I'd rather devote my energies to editing and coding tunes than creating decorative stuff that will at best look quaint in a few years and at worst will stop working. The more minimal the features I use the faster the site will load and the wider the range of platforms it will work on. The two large projects on there that I used to sell as CD-ROMs were both tested by blind users before I released them, so I know they will work on low-budget machines using antiquated software and weird user interfaces. Tell me I've got a fixable problem about supporting Russian localizations of Linux and you'll have my undivided attention.

I have done graphic art - photography and calligraphy - but don't see the point of forcing it on people.

If I prettify anything, the cat pictures will get it first.

Dullahan
Member Avatar
Don't you just love soundwalking?

The pendants looks pretty good, the fact that they can play a chromatic scale without half.holing is pretty useful! I'd actually be interested in one of those pendants. If it wasn't for the fact that he lives in Spain and the shipping would be humongous, I'd probably buy one...

crumpy
Member Avatar
very very crumpy
He's updated his website. Still little frustrating but easier to use than it was before.

Jafafa Hots
Member Avatar
Old. Just really, really old. Also tired.
Sadly, accessible websites are becoming more and more rare. Sites are using "ajax" techniques to basically break normal web functionality - All of them do it now.
Apparently the web just wasn't good enough with regular dialog boxes and check boxes, it really needed animated semi-transparent hovering doo-dads with rounded corners and drop shadows.

I mean, how could we ever select between three options WITHOUT rounded corners and floating animated boxes?

(end rant)

asubio
Beginner
Wtf? o.O this is where I'm living now!!! I didn't know I had ocarinas so near....
Nowadays I'm quite bussy but as late in July, when I get free I'll go there and take many pictures and stuff from that place.
If you wanna make any question to the seller post here but I don't know if this shop is a music spetiallized one, cause at this place there are several shops oriented just to tourism. Anyway, first of all I'll try to get in touch with the seller, and then I'll go for a walk ;p

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on TwitterFacebook | Read the FAQ