Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Noble Ocarinas; from Korea
Topic Started: 5 Jan 2009, 12:34 AM (21,985 Views)
petriko
Beginner
dedicarina

I tried to order ocarina from Noble, but cannot proceed to checkout. The system said:

"Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements."

I have the same problem. E-mails are not answered, neither are messages sent using the contact form on their website. Strange.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tentenguy
Member Avatar
That guy

So there's now a listing on the noble website in regards to the Bass C plastic. It sounds like they'll be releasing other sizes as well! That'd be great!
http://nobleocarina.com/company/history/
(in case they change it, there's a screenshot attached)
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Noble_Ocarina_History.png (15.9 KB)

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Hopefully after the bass, they will release a plastic G ocarina.

Jubal
Member Avatar
Tree Hugger - Food is your right

So what's the best way to get ahold of one of these ocarinas nowadays? Replies above say emails are unanswered and the checkout doesn't work. Orange E-cart has gone under.

Tentenguy
Member Avatar
That guy

D-d-d-d-d-drop the bass!!!!
It won't break anyway because it's plastic
http://nobleocarina.net/Ncv5/Shop/Cart/cart_main.html?Cpn=showitem&itemID=959&item_subidkey=A69

Jubal
Member Avatar

I can't seem to see the ocarina.

Tentenguy
Member Avatar
That guy

Noble's website does not work on all browsers. It's fine on chrome, for me.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

I can see a lot of ocarinas on that page but nothing that looks like a plastic bass.

Tentenguy
Member Avatar
That guy

it's black btw, not red like mark's

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Looks the business, but I still can't see any link to it on Noble's site (which otherwise seems to be working okay for me, both on Firefox for Mac and Safari on iOS).

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
They also added a "Brown" AC.
Spoiler: click to toggle

EDIT: Here's the direct link to the plastic bass. (Mobile devices) http://nobleocarina.net/Ncv5/m/item/item_view.html?id=959
2nd EDIT: And a Triple AG?!
Spoiler: click to toggle
http://nobleocarina.net/Ncv5/m/item/item_view.html?id=941
Edited by TheZ, 15 Oct 2015, 03:26 AM.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

I hope to try these out next week. :)

Jubal
Member Avatar

So the question still remains, how does anyone get ahold of one of these ocarinas?

pandorado100
Member Avatar
Premium Poster
Dreams ctroo on eBay recently restocked their supply of plastic Noble ocarinas. They are also selling Zin plastics. I haven't seen any where else that is selling Noble ocarinas other than Noble themselves. Have you tried contacting Itsuki Shion on Facebook? She was saying something at the Ocarina Festival this weekend about how she wants to make it easier for overseas customers to get their hands on hard to find Japanese and Korean ocarinas. Maybe she could help you.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

The new plastic bass has an orange peel like texture and a lighter breath requirement than that of my prototype. Mine took a large amount of breath, but this one takes about the same relative to an AC. I don't have mine with me to compare, but the new bass seems quieter.

Also, Noble's plastic AC ocarinas are the same as Night by Noble except for the subhole placement. They don't make the old ones with the lighter breath anymore. Though, that "new" black one from a few years back is probably still of the old model. It felt different from the current maroon and navy plastics.
Edited by Mark Chan, 21 Oct 2015, 06:23 AM.

Pori
Member Avatar
A. Nony Mouse
What exactly is a "noble" ocarina? As in, what makes it a noble?

OcarinaDude1
Member Avatar
pop123444
If I understand your question correctly, Noble is an ocarina maker.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Mark's description was helpful - looks like those aren't for me. I had thought that if I was going to get any bass it would be a Menaglio (narrow range but helluva loud and punchy), and it looks that's still going to be my best option.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ