Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Noble Ocarinas; from Korea
Topic Started: 5 Jan 2009, 12:34 AM (23,233 Views)
kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

I just got an email from Noble Ocarinas that they are readying to set up an English version of their website, as well as (hopefully) having Paypal and Credit for international payment.

It would be really good to finally be able to purchase these ocarinas internationally ^^

http://www.nobleocarina.com

(site is currently only in Korean)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sirhalos
Member Avatar

Can you provide links to the ocarinas so we can look at pictures of them. My Korean isn't the best ;) it's been years since I have spoken any.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Sure thing!
However, you will have to use Internet Explorer to view the pages properly. Some links even have videos which will only play with IE too. (it's just how internet is like in Korea - IE has become a monopoly).

Sopranos
Altos
Tenors/Bass
Doubles Triples
Packages
Related Items

Videos on Youtube:
Spoiler: click to toggle

IceWind91
Member Avatar
Ocarinist - Clarinetist - Composer

This is absolutely fantastic news!

I was considering making a purchase from them in the near future; this is going to make it so much easier.

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
This is most certainly good news. More quality ocarinas available for this side of the language barrier.

The Noble's website does work well, for the most part, on FireFox. The only issues I have found are that the video on the mainpage doesn't show up for some reason and the picture viewer applet thingy doesn't work. But the sound samples (which are on each ocarina's page) works, atleast most of them.

And for the record, the currency used in South Korea is called South Korean won (or just won), so you can convert the prices to your currency to get an idea how much the ocarinas costs. You can use Google to convert currencies: 10000 won in eur. Just change EUR to your currency.

Btw, does Posted Image mean "out of stock"?

delorean
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Thanks kissing for this great news!

I really hope they could accept PayPal in the near future, when you'll have updates about that please let us know!

OcarinaNL
Member Avatar
Dutch Mod squad
I always wanted one of there doubles!
Really hope there english site is online soon

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

Wahooooo!

I'm so excited for this! If they accept paypal I will be sure to promptly try one of their triples!

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

teidon
5 Jan 2009, 10:10 AM
I believe so :?

sakuraevolution
Inline Ocarinist
Hmmmm... about $100 USD at current exchange for the black double... since Paypal doesn't accept payment KRW (correct me if I'm wrong), here's hoping they offer fair prices in USD.

The sound samples are a nice touch... the site works fairly well in Safari, but as others have reported, the window allowing you to zoom in on the picture doesn't appear to be functioning properly.
Edited by sakuraevolution, 5 Jan 2009, 05:17 PM.

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
kissing
5 Jan 2009, 03:51 PM
teidon
5 Jan 2009, 10:10 AM
I believe so :?
Thanks. :D

I tried to use my leet translating skills to translate it by myself, but my korean skills aren't leet enough to be trusted. ;) Though I did manage to translate that phrase properly after all. Anyways, their triples and some other products are out of stock. Their triples have been out of stock for nearly month now I think. Hopefully they manage to make enough of them by the time they open the english pages.

Edit:
Haha, just noticed that they have added "a sound sample" for their giganteous Bass C ocarina. Here's a direct link incase it doesn't work for some on the product page of the ocarina. You need somewhat good speakers/headphones to be able hear it's sound...
Edited by teidon, 5 Jan 2009, 06:48 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Most awesome. No more seeking for Nobles on Ebay.
Quote Post Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Moonsyne
5 Jan 2009, 09:21 PM
Most awesome. No more seeking for Nobles on Ebay.
Did you ever find any? :rofl:

I just hope that by saying that they're working on it, this means they'll have it all up and running soon.. like in less than a month. Its so frustrating when ocarina makers say they're gonna set up a store "soon", but take forever to do so *cough* Spencer *cough* *Panch* :poke:
Edited by kissing, 6 Jan 2009, 12:56 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yes, but not at a fair price.
Quote Post Goto Top

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Moonsyne
6 Jan 2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, but not at a fair price.
What kinds of prices did you find (out of curiosity).

If they don't get their english site up n running by the end of this month, I'm gonna email them again :poke:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I just recall one seller who was charging $35 for shipping from California to Oregon. That would be about right if I wanted to express ship a package of about 70 lbs.
Quote Post Goto Top

Myung
Member Avatar
= Mighty Mohawkus =
Awesome! I'd love to get my hands on a Noble :D

Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

I contacted noble to see if it was possible to order one their response was in Japanese so i used google translate to get this:

In Japan, we created a product of the 54 and Satoshi

Are sold.

Please contact your teacher and 54.

Thank you.

Here is the original:

일본에서는 오사와 사토시께서 저희가 만든 제품을

판매하고 있습니다.

오사와선생님께 연락해 보십시요.

감사합니다.

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Not Japanese... Korean. Noble is a Korean company (though they seem to be undertaking a lot of activity in Japan nowadays..)

Translated, the response means

"The products we made for Osawa Satoshi in Japan are being sold in Japan.
Please try contacting Mr. Osawa.
Thank you"

I can only assume there was a bit of misunderstanding about your message (perhaps they thought you were after the "Osawa" Noble products :? )

Goodness... they appear to be really struggling with setting up the whole English site and Paypal. I'm gonna offer to lend them a hand if they don't have it set up by the end of this month :| .

masagamer
Member Avatar
KAJUKENBO fighting style
awesome a whole new world will open up to us and there will be more to talk about!

baskus
Member Avatar
Scarf turban guy
Does anyone have any more info on this? I saw their cheap triple and if it's of the same quality as maparam or focalink ocarinas I waaaaant :P

Angelodeath
Member Avatar
Is the Immortal Technique
Any news on their English site? I emailed them a few days ago after I talked to kissing but they havent responded...

Uronoro
Member Avatar
Where Have You Sinners Gone?

Such interestingly shaped ocarinas.

My grasp on the Korean language is non-existent. *pokes through site awkwardly*

Adam
Triple Ocarinist x 4
. . .
Edited by Adam, 27 Jun 2016, 03:42 PM.

Verstand
Member Avatar
Ocarina Neophyte

Man, I'd be happy with a Noble plastic. From what I hear they're good for plastic. Does anyone know whether this is true? also... ENGRISH CITE NOA!

sirhalos
Member Avatar

I too can't wait I plan on buying three ocarinas from them :(

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Verstand
20 Apr 2009, 03:51 AM
Man, I'd be happy with a Noble plastic. From what I hear they're good for plastic. Does anyone know whether this is true? also... ENGRISH CITE NOA!
Their plastic AC is very good for a plastic ocarina.
It's not as good as my wooden and clay ocarinas, but considering the price and being made of indestructible plastic makes it a great value! I made a review: http://theocarinanetwork.com/topic/6615726/

Ok, I forgot to email them again, but I'll email them RIGHT NAO to see where they're at :?

Uronoro
Member Avatar

O_O I just saw an ocarina as big as a three year old child!!! o_O

....That's AWESOME! :boogie:

Adam
Triple Ocarinist x 4
. . .

Uronoro
Member Avatar

I just mean... that's the biggest ocarina I've ever seen. And I thought a contra bass was big. XD

Adam
Triple Ocarinist x 4
. . .

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
I want me a plastic, kissing.. Ask them if they'll put it on the site!

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
There are couple videos in Noble Ocarina's website where their Triple is played. While I like the tone of that ocarina, at least in those recordings the highest notes of the first chamber sounds quite airy. I don't know if it's just some mic / recording related problem or are the notes really that airy. It would be great if Noble could provide a recording where the whole scale from the lowest note to the highest is played. Maybe kissing could ask for it with his korean language skills? And if they could provide one for their double too, it'd be great.

http://nobleocarina.com/movie/daho_ib.wmv
http://nobleocarina.com/movie/winter.wmv

kissing
Member Avatar
tyrannical dictator

Ok, I got word back that the website will be up around May

Armisis
Member Avatar
Paradoxical Enigma

Sweet, I'll finally be able to get my order in properly, hope they use paypal now...

Dave

ForestsRequiem
Member Avatar
Formerly Ocarinaman333

kissing
20 Apr 2009, 10:04 AM
Ok, I got word back that the website will be up around May
O.O May?! That's so soon! I need munny (I can spell it's a KH reference) now! I have so many things I have been waiting on purchasing so that I can get it at the noble price!

I think I'm going to start with one of their triples, and if I like it I will think about buying a set of 7 (BC, AF, AG, AC, SF, SG, SC!)

Thanks Sam! And can you tell me the differences between these cases so that I can contemplate purchasing one?

http://www.nobleocarina.net/Nicecart4/Shop/Cart/showitem.html?itemID=44&item_subidkey=A62
http://www.nobleocarina.net/Nicecart4/Shop/Cart/showitem.html?itemID=59&item_subidkey=A62
http://www.nobleocarina.net/Nicecart4/Shop/Cart/showitem.html?itemID=54&item_subidkey=A62

Thanks ^^
Edited by ForestsRequiem, 20 Apr 2009, 01:52 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I really like this case design. The biggest threat to an ocarina in a case is your other ocarinas.

Nothing more dreaded than an unexpected *clink*
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Tye Possum
Member Avatar
The wandering musician
The outer walls look a little thin padding wise though. I wouldn't mind one of their doubles but I already have a perfectly good double (not to mention no money...) so I doubt I'll ever get one. Their single ocarinas look kinda cool but not really my style so I guess I won't be getting anything from them! I would get a plastic one but I just really don't like plastic... :shrug:

beekarina
Member Avatar
Your resident beekeeper with ocs
Ooh! I can do that with a case I already have! Cool. Thanks for posting the image.

Angelodeath
Member Avatar
Thanks Kissing!! OMG!!! Am super uber excited!!!!! I been saving up money for a while so it looks like I can get a Plastic AC AND a double! You guys dont know how happy I am!!!

Adam
Triple Ocarinist x 4
. . .

Angelodeath
Member Avatar
Quote:

Ms Luis.

How are you!

Well received your sent the email. many thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, we can't accept paypal because we have L/C and wire transfer.

for your information, we will inform you our bank's information as follows are:

1.RE-Our Bank's Information.
*Bank's Name:KOOMIN BANK.
*ACCOUNT NAME: NOBLE OCARINA.
*ACCOUNT NO:737368-08-100103.
*SWIFT CODE:CZNBKRSEXXX
2.Price.
One pcs of plastic Alto C ocarina (US$20.00(FOB Korea))
This prics is our export price.

If you have any question, please contact me without hesitation.

We look forward to receiving from you soon. we remain.

Best regards.

------------------
J. W. Lee / President

I emailed Noble and this is the answer I got. I guess we have to wait or use wire transfer...

BTW Ms. Luis? :omg: Am a man! :shakefist: :rofl:

ZaffoGMT
Member Avatar
The Kortalian Ocarina Inventor
I had no idea they had doubles and tripples until today whena I checked their site, that is awesome!!!

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Ahhh! This means their plastic will be on the site!! *goes to watch kissing's review again*

Xivilix
Beginner
Hmm now I have to decide between a Noble triple or a Focalink triple. O_o

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asia and Pacific Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ