Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A friendly reminder about Quoting; with instruction
Topic Started: 18 Oct 2008, 09:19 PM (1,226 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

You all should know the quoting limitations as found in the TON Board Rules. To clarify the meaning for anybody who is confused, you should only quote the part that is relevent to your reply. Rule fo thumb: This should not be more than a line or two.

How do you edit the quote?

When you use the quote button, your reply is at the top of the page. If you scroll down, what you are quoting is in a seperate box further down. You have full access to edit or reduce what is quoted. This is especially important if the person you are quoting has quoted someone else.

How about quoting more than one person?

You can seperate and reply to more than one person by adding your own BCCode.

Code:

[quote=Moonsyne]A great wisdom.[/quote]
I never thought of that.
[quote=Newbie]Confounded reply.[/quote]
Further explanation.

Will become:
A Typical Post

Moonsyne

A great wisdom.

I never thought of that.

Confounded reply.

Further explanation.

Remember that people who are interested in the thread are following it, so your post does not need to be a summary. It is nice to quote to avoid confusion as to who you are replying to, or you can just type thier name to indicate.

Like this!

A Typical Post

Moonsyne: You confuse me.

I would like to know more about how to use the BBCode.

Thank you and good day :TON:

Quote Post Goto Top

bluebell
Member Avatar
Compulsive collector
well explained. i hope im not guilty of overquoting. and thanks for outlining the possibility of multiple quoting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shadowyi
Member Avatar
dysfunctional family
Please help us all avoid confusion in the future. If you quote a mile long post and refer to only one line in it, I have no idea what you're talking about. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FrontPage News and Official Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ