Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

- News Ticker

Donations - Please consider donating to The Ocarina Network to keep us afloat. More detail can be found in this topic.
The Ocarina Network - Serving the ocarina community since April 27th 2008
Welcome to The Ocarina Network, a place for ocarina enthusiasts from all around the globe!

You're currently viewing The Ocarina Network as a guest.

If you join The Ocarina Network, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customising your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. On top of that we have a great number of music scores and backtracks for you to download.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Register at The Ocarina Network!

If you're already a member please log into your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Claudio Colombo Ocarinas; Italian Ocarinas
Topic Started: 24 Jul 2008, 08:06 PM (9,469 Views)
Bateleur
Member Avatar
Meh.

To anyone curious, Colombo said yes to my request for Pacchioni style placement of the first chamber sub-hole! I'm ordering a Tripla V in C3 once it's finished in three weeks. I have to jump onto the Colombo train with US Dollar - Euro conversion rates so good, currently.
Edited by Bateleur, 21 Feb 2015, 07:00 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
Thats great to hear! It seems alot more makers are jumping on the P* train lol, the prototype I bought from songbirds site also uses the P* system.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Quote:

the prototype I bought from songbirds site also uses the P* system

Prototype from which maker?

TheZ
Member Avatar
Multichamber Ocarinist
It's made exclusively for Somgbird by Focalink.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

How are you finding it? Can you do a review?

E123Timay
Double Ocarinist x 3
I just bought it yesterday via their one of a kind ocarina section. The moment I recieve it sure :) !

Wollemi Pine
Member Avatar
Triple-Double Ocarinist

Happy Birthday to Claudio Colombo!

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist x 2
I'm considering getting a Colombo triple, as the price is very good. But, I though I read here before that you should try them out in person before buying one. I can't seem to find were I read it, but in person is not an option for me. Should I be fine ordering one without testing it out first?

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

You'll still likely to get something decent. But if you had the option to test them out, you'll notice that each one is different. The one you get in the mail is what you're stuck with, so you can't really complain or know if another is more to your liking.
Edited by Mark Chan, 10 Nov 2015, 02:27 AM.

Jack Campin
Member Avatar
Opener of Catfood Tins

Why I suggested trying one out is that the fingerhole placement can be weird (for me, completely unplayable, though I have average hands and a lot of experience playing woodwinds of many different sizes). Everything else about his instruments is great and the sound is extremely consistent.

ProbablyNot
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to think about this for a little longer.

Mark Chan
Member Avatar

Claudio likes to experiment a lot. If your friend has one, and you decide to order the same thing, you may not get the same design.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · European Ocarinas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Find us on Twitter Facebook | Read the FAQ